• Join Us

Hayzel
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel
  • Challenge Hayzel in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM

Okay so Christmas songs have been playing since before halloween on many radio stations. Some of them drive us crazy, others we can't get enough of. Which are which? Post with a song in each of the following three categories!! I'll update this thread and keep track of the favorites and least favorites of mene!

Favorites:
1. Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer (1)
2. Carol of the Bells (1)

Sick of:
1. Joy To The World (1)

Would like to kill the song writer:
1. Jingle Bells (1)
2. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (1)

Happy Posting!!

Last edited by Hayzel; 12-28-2009 at 04:47 PM..

Yeah
  • Challenge Yeah in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 PM

I like Carol of the Bells, I can't think of one particular song that I'm sick of, I'm kind of sick of them all but, I would love to shot the person who came up with Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.

Hayzel
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel
  • Challenge Hayzel in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:48 PM

X.x I love my grandma and I hate that song!! I'm going to shoot any grandchild of mine who ever attempts to sing that song to me in like... 50 years... ^^

I don't think I've ever heard Carol of the Bells, it sounds pretty though.

Kris
  • Challenge Kris in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM

My favorite would be "Hark! The Herald Angel" or "Joy to the World". I'm not religious at all, but I love the emotion in the religious songs.

I'm really sick of the stupid, silly commercial holiday songs. D;

darkwingedfaerie
  • Challenge darkwingedfaerie in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:17 PM

I really dislike Christmas music. Well, most of it. I think it's because there aren't that many songs; just different varieties of those songs. I do like some of it though...My favorite Christmas song is "O Holy Night." My least favorite Christmas song...probably John Lennon- Happy Christmas (War is Over). I can't stand it. The children! The children!!! #_______#

xnarnian
  • Challenge xnarnian in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM

I love Christmas music, it kinda puts you in a good mood.
I love "Silent Night" and "Joy to the World."
I don't think I can think of any songs I hate, except for maybe the spoofs.

TinyAngelSelphie
Send a message via AIM to TinyAngelSelphie Send a message via MSN to TinyAngelSelphie Send a message via Yahoo to TinyAngelSelphie
  • Challenge TinyAngelSelphie in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 PM

My favorite Christmas song is probably "12 Days of Christmas". And most different versions and takes on it I also like.
But I also really like some of the fun ones that not a lot of people know like "I Want an Elephant for Christmas", "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas", and "Suzy Snowflake". (Though that last one I've only known for about two years now. Maybe three actually.)

I can't really think of any Christmas songs that I'm sick of or want to shot the writer for. Though for some reason, "Blue Christmas" was really starting to annoy me after a while, if that counts.

DelilahHeart
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart
  • Challenge DelilahHeart in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 08:26 PM

I would have to say Carol of the Bells is one of my favorites just because your rarely hear it. Another one would be Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella because it's so pretty and it's not overplayed.

I get highly annoyed by Joy to the World because I've been singing it since September for a Christmas concert and a few others that I can't think of.

And whoever wrote the song "baby it's cold outside" should just shut up and never write songs again.

@TinyAngelSelphie: that's an interesting choice for favorite song but it's legit.

`Haru
Send a message via MSN to `Haru
  • Challenge `Haru in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm really sick of Let it snow. D:
Grr... honestly I hate it. >//<
It's a suckish song just sticks in your head!

&I like the song O holy Night, the song that I'd want to 'kill the singer of' is... Frosty the Snowman. : P

Edit;; I meant "song writer"

Last edited by `Haru; 12-28-2009 at 08:41 PM..

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM

I love white christmas and have yourself a merry little christmas, sick of any religion xmas songs.

Imoto-chan_Always
  • Challenge Imoto-chan_Always in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Let's see, mine are...

Favourite: Last Christmas (by wham!)
Sick of: Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
Want to Kill the Writer: Silent Night

Also, did you guys know that female reindeer have horns like the males? However, by Christmas time, all of the males have lost their antlers fighting others for dominance, so only the females have their horns still on at this time of year. Does this mean all of Santa's reindeer are females!? XD I would sure explain the name "Vixen." O.o

Kurai Amaya
  • Challenge Kurai Amaya in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 10:48 PM

I don't think there are any Christmas songs that I like. I want to kill them all.

Lucid Hallucinogen
  • Challenge Lucid Hallucinogen in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 PM

Well I have always been partial to Christmas songs but I'd have to say my favourite is either
"I heard the bells on Christmas Day"
"The restroom door said gentleman"
"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"
"I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas"
Or all of the songs off of the Christmassarus' albums 1 -4 :D

I'm really sick of Carol of the bells, it's really nice, but it's really starting to irk me. . .EVERYONE sings it.

I'd really just like to strangle the person who conceived Deck the Halls D;

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 AM

Favorites: Blue Christmas

Sick of AND Would like to kill the song writer:

-All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
-Holly Jolly Christmas
-Let It Snow
-Deck the Halls
-Oh Christmas Tree
-We Wish You A Merry Christmas
-Frosty the Snow Man
-I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
-Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer
-Winter Wonderland
-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
-Silver Bells
-Here Comes Santa Claus
-Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
-Rocking around the Christmas Tree
-It's the most wonderful time of the year
-The Twelve Days of Christmas
-I'll Be Home For Christmas
-White Christmas
-Jingle Bells

And many more >.> i just dont really like christmas songs...the minute i hear them it makes me cringe... im slowly starting to not like christmas *shrug* you dont have to add all those to the list if you dont want to >.> just add my favorite one up there

Twethereal
  • Challenge Twethereal in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 12:22 AM

I absolutely love O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, and White Christmas. Those are three songs that I don't think I can ever get sick of. I am however sick of Santa Baby and The Gift. I never did like those two songs. We Wish You a Merry Christmas is a close runner up.

neko xoxox
  • Challenge neko xoxox in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 02:00 AM

FAVORITE: "Christmas Time is Here" i think that is what its called ^^" its from Charlie Brown
SICK OF: "Jingle Bells" i have heard it toooo many times
WOULD LIKE TO KILL THE SONG WRITER: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" *puke* it so horrible!!!!! D:

Twisted Insanity
  • Challenge Twisted Insanity in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 AM

I like Jingle Bell Rock, but I cannot stand Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer. >.<

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 03:10 AM

Even though Christmas is over ..or perhaps
because it is over, I have been singing "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas." ><

I avoided most shops and radio stations that were playing holiday music this season
so I'm not really sick of anything. Seeing lots of hate for Jungle Bells which sad, because I like that song.

Oh! I know one I'm sick of... "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus"
Managed to hear that at least four times even with avoiding holiday hot spots. Here's my issue it just seems like the kid thinks it would be really funny to see his mother get beaten by the dad or something. "What a laugh it would have been.."

I know I'm reading into it too much but it's like the domestic abuse theme song to me.

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 03:24 AM

Favorite:
12 Days of Christmas, since it's the easiest to parody.

Least Favorite:
Joy to the world (make it stop, please.)

Would like to kill the Composer:
Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer. Good god, it won't leave my head. *shudder*

Demetria
  • Challenge Demetria in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM

My favourite song would be "The 12 days of Christmas" and "O Holy Night".
Jingle bells would be my least favourite because I've been hearing it for so long now, I'm sick of it!

kippy
  • Challenge kippy in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Im not a huge fan of christmas songs...

Caroline
  • Challenge Caroline in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 PM

I hate Christmas music.
I did hear a couple songs I liked this season though: two from the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Christmas album and Leighton Meester's cover of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" though honestly the latter is just because I love anything to do with Leighton Meester.

Elwing
  • Challenge Elwing in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM

I realy like the christmas song from Queen xD
thank god it's christmas

I'm not realy into christmas songs though, religious ones
realy kill me, and that stuff on the radio also kinda
drives me nuts last few years. I used to like to they know
it's christmas time at all but ive heard it TOO much.

DeLish
  • Challenge DeLish in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 04:42 PM

Hmm, I can only think of my favorites... the utmost being "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole and no one else. It's the song that starts off "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire," most people know it by that name.

Hmm... there's some song sung by a woman that kinda gets on my nerves sometimes... OH! You know what song I'm tired of? I used to love it because we danced to it every year in front of Wal-Mart or old people and it made it so easy to picture what was going on in the song, but then it started to get old. I'm tired of "Silver Bells"

I'm also tired of "Blue Christmas," I think because of that Verizon commercial.

I can't think of any song whose writer I'd like to kill.

UbrePrinnyBaal
  • Challenge UbrePrinnyBaal in the Arcade

Old 12-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Every year I like Christmas and the affiliated songs for like a week. In July. When they start playing the songs EVERYWHERE. Yeah. After that I just get sick of it all and start scowling at every yahoo that starts on December first with that thing where they get right up in your face and scream 'Merry Christmas' like its supposed to be some great big surprise...-_-

As for the songs. I guess I don't really have a favorite. Nonconventional one would without any doubt by Owl City's 'A Christmas Song'. They actually found a way to portray the season at the same time as talking about the harsh severity of love. Quite a masterpiece, even if its not really a Christmas song as in one we all hear playing months in advance. *shrugs* Well, that's my two cents.