nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-14-2007, 04:59 AM

I was wondering if anyone here knew if DVD drives on a desktop computer are generally able to play all DVD regions or if they only play the region that they were sold in (ie I'm in the US, so the DVD region here is Region 1)?

I'm asking because I would like to buy a Region 2 dvd but I'm afraid that I won't be able to play it on my computer. I did see that the program VLC will play most any region as long as the drive isn't one of the newer ones (which it isn't) so I might be ok if I download that program. I know my drive plays Region 1, Region ALL, and No-Region dvds/vcds fine.

I was looking at buying a DVD player that is All Region but the specs page for it was a bit confusing, it said 'Region playback: Compatible only with discs coded for Region 1 and for All Regions', so is that for any region of DVD or just 1/ALL?

Thank you for the help, sorry if I was a little unclear, its just that it's late and I've been looking at a few too many specs pages trying to figure things out without any success.