Contents
i. the background
ii. the setting
iii. the rules
iv. building your character
v. the cast

ƥǒƨƭ-ɐƥǒȼ

the background
You live your lives as you do, kept busy by the things you like and the responsibilities that you take on. In a way, we each live within our own bubbles, our own worlds, inside looking out. A single shard can burst this, and our world can turn upside down in a split moment. In each of our own worlds, we can only perceive what we allow ourselves to perceive, and what allows us to view it. It takes a very sacred agreement between us and the objects, to allow us to see, feel, and know it. That is why the world is split, because, like we fear things, other things fear us. The world is simply split, between what we perceive and what we cannot. Is it really that fantasy is not real, or that we do not see it? Is it that it does not exist or we do not want it to exist?

But you never got much time to figure out before It happened. It might as well have been the end of the world. It might have well killed you, as most things were. You see, it didn’t take much for it to happen. One country set off a bomb, and another responded to that, and another to that, and another to that…A true world war, is that what it should’ve been called? Worst of all, it was not just bombs; it was biological warfare, it was technological warfare.

First, the internet fell in mass areas. First the North of the US, where there was no internet connection from Maine and Kentucky, and then Washington State to Southern California. It didn’t take much for the rest of the US to lose their connections; the entire country was without connection. Slowly, the telephone lines died. House phones didn’t work, cell phones couldn’t connect. Next hit was Europe; Germany, the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Italy, and all of Eastern and Central Europe lost connections in the same order as America. Next it was the superpowers of Asia; India, China, and Japan lost their connections first, followed by the surrounding countries.

This continued on, like a disease, to so many places, until finally, the world was left without modern ways to gather information and communicate. It wasn’t long before the warfare began in the midst of the confusion. No place was spared. A global, and secret, organization finally struck. They used biological means to kill the masses. Disease was spread so quickly and so effectively that even the largest cities in the world were left barren. New York City echoed in the sounds of emptiness; Paris was hallowed and the buildings left to waste; London’s streets were left untouched and unseen. There was a great silence in the world, and the human population was put down to nothing more than a few thousand, globally.

No, it was not some sort of space invasion, nor was it zombies of any sort. Rather, it was a very self-inflicted and powerful apocalypse.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 PM

ƥǒƨƭ-ɐƥǒȼ

the setting &plot
It’s been five years since the human race was destroyed. Cities have begun to rot and die; great buildings are ruin. People reverted back to their original nature, in which they group together and live from the Earth and their hands alone. Small tribes formed all over the world, and the people in them are very close. Pride, names, and traditions bubble up from these tribes. Rules and doctrines form, the basis for legal systems. Children have been born, and people have been mourned. Others died since the apocalypse, and were laid to rest in their villages own unique manner.

Somewhere near where a major city used to lay, there are hillsides. They roll bright, grassy greens against a blue sky, mostly hills and plains, with the occasional dusting of trees and forest. A tribe lies on the bank of a river, and the many huts use it graciously. In five years without technology, Mother Nature has cleaned much of the pollution that was created by humans. It is a beautiful sight, watching nature take back what it owns.

Slowly, creatures from the past began to show themselves. Odd creatures, but ones that humans knew of from what they considered childish fantasies. Long-haired and fair skinned elves, or quick and gorgeous dragons, mischievous dwarves, and the graceful phoenix all came out of their depths beneath the earth, and showed themselves gradually to the world.

The creatures were kind to the humans, and some even joined their villages and tribes. However, many of the creatures still resented humans for ruining the land, and for destroying the Earth. They wanted to be sure that the humans would never rise again, and that their race would die. And, logically enough, they set out to kill the human race, claiming that this was justice for destroying the Earth once before. Of course, the creatures that already lived and made amends with the humans, were against the idea of destroying them. But they knew what was coming, and they prepared for a war.

Our story begins before the war starts, at the small village of Arra, which is the beginning of a city, next to the Arra River. In the center of the small village lies a large, circular building with a domed roof. It is painted a bright maroon, and has a circular door facing the river. This structure doubles as the government and religious building, where people go to pay taxes, use as a court, and worship. The people call this the Arra Courthouse. It’s a very large place, with many rooms and floors; around it, is the marketplace. The marketplace is made up of lean-to shacks that are folded up every night and taken back to the merchant’s hut. Other people pull carts to the Courthouse and barrels that are filled with the products. Anyone and everyone is allowed to set up a cart and sell what they like.

Surrounded by the market and courthouse, there are the houses of wealthy merchants and landowners. They live in mud-brick houses (as the people of Arra do not use trees, they were taught in the sacredness of the Earth by the elves that inhabit the village with them) and often own a goat, pig, or sheep themselves. And finally, surrounding them, are the lower-class people, who make up the majority of the village. They also live in mud-brick housing, but these houses do not often have roofing, and many families live in a singular one. While the streets are nice from the Courthouse to the upper class housing, in the communal housing areas, the streets are dirt and are often muddy, due to the closeness of the river to the area. The streets are narrow, and the houses have little room between them, if any at all. It is not uncommon for the poor to be sick, since they all live in such close proximity. Many of these people work in the fields that are directly outside of their housing. These fields are owned by a few of the richer citizens, and they grow anything from corn to tobacco.

You are an Arran citizen, living either in the rich part of the city, of the poor part. The city is inhabited by both elves and humans, though many citizens of Orni, a neighboring city inhabited by both dragons and phoenixes (both of which can speak), often come to Arra to sell what treasures they might have. There are a little over two hundred citizens in Arra, which is very large since the apocalypse happened. Many people have lost their families and had no skills to ever gain new wealth, but were taken in my creature families. The creatures that mostly wish to kill humans include dwarves, elves (they were split by the issue), merfolk, fairies, though you may encounter more than just them.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:28 PM

ƥǒƨƭ-ɐƥǒȼ

rules
01: While this is not a romance roleplay, romance is certainly encouraged (between all genders).
02: Please keep your posts at one to ten paragraphs.
03: Don’t be afraid to make something happen! If you think that some creature should raid the town, use a character slot to make an evil character and create a raid! It’s not just my RP, it’s everyone who joins.
04: If one of your characters die, you may replace it with another.
05: You may be a spy in the city.
06: I’m not very uptight about this sort of stuff, because it’s supposed to be fun. The rules are bendable. (ex: “I have writer’s block and so this post is only three sentences long, but I did my best! D:” That’s fine. :3)

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:29 PM

ƥǒƨƭ-ɐƥǒȼ

building your character
__Building your character
You may be a human, elf, dragon, or phoenix. You may have up to three characters. They may be of the same race, or all different races. Remember, the role play takes place in Arra, though you may venture out of it or start your character in a different place (since most will be in Arra, I can’t promise that you’ll see a lot of activity. There will be attacks on Arra, and don’t be afraid to be the one that makes it happen! Humans from other cities may come into Arra seeking refuge. Or, you may just be from the city. If you have any questions, please PM me. Please remember to make your posts literate. I ask for one to two paragraphs per post.
All character profiles should be sent to me via PM.

__Character Skeleton
Name:
Race:
Works as (a spy, a worker, a merchant, etc):
Description (appearance):
Username:

*Note: N/A can only be used for travelers.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 PM

ƥǒƨƭ-ɐƥǒȼ
the cast
The numbers are for users. So, basically, I'll allow four to six users to roleplay here, each with a maximum of three characters.

01::
Name: Ariona
Race: Elf
Class: N/A
Works as: A traveler
Description: Ariona is a fair-skinned and graceful elf. She stands at a frightening six foot (huge for an elf!), with long, pointed ears and a slender frame. Her hair is a silvery-white and falls to the bottom of her back, and is even lighter than her porcelain complexion. Her eyes are almond shaped and thin, with a cloudy grey color, her nose is small and dainty, and her lips are plump and the palest shade of rosy pink.

She wears a cape that is made of the finest, silver silk, which falls down to the small of her back. The dress that she adorns everyday is a fine, cotton white, which falls to the middle of her leg. However, her legs are covered by the tall, grey boots she walks around in. On her back, there is her trusted bow, and one hand, she always has a few arrows. Her head is adorned with a jeweled headpiece, which has black and white stones incrusted into a silver chain. On her wrists there are silver bangles.
Username: Kris

02::
Name: Born Kimi, now goes by the name Aiyana. Her grandfather sometimes calls her Kimi out of affection or anger.
Race: human
Class: upper
Works as: A natural produce merchant. As a young child, she received a gift from an elf whose life she unwittingly saved. That gift was the ability to commune to a small extent with the earth. Now she uses that gift to grow and sell beautiful flowers and scrumptious vegetables and fruits. The flowers bring cheer and beauty anywhere they are seen, and of course good food is always in demand. As such, she has been able to garner enough of a living for herself and her grandfather to live comfortably.
Description (appearance): graceful and willowy, with dusky skin and large dark eyes. Her clothes are grass and dirt stained, due to her occupation as a grower and seller of natural produce. Her nails are short and her long black hair is always tied back high on her head, to keep it out of her face as she tends her plants.
Username: Goblin Maiden

03::
Name: Kerisha
Race: Dragon
Class (upper/lower/ N/A*): N/A
Works as: A Traveler
Description (appearance): A fairly small, purple dragon (about 12 or so feet tall at the shoulder when she's on her hind legs) with large, fairy-like wings. When she breathes fire, it's purple-blue. She has large, purple eyes with long black eyelashes. When she flies, she uses her tail as a rudder.
Username: Opalistic8

04::

Last edited by Kris; 06-21-2009 at 04:24 AM..

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I will post my first post as soon as someone else joins. :3
waiting.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-20-2009, 11:32 PM

Arra was calm as it could be, and no odd sounds could be heard from inside the city. Though some knew it was coming, the war, no one talked about it. Instead, the city focused on the marketplace and the fields. Children ran barefoot around the streets, playing and running at each other, screaming and giggling; merchants yelled and called out for attention, trying to sell their fruits or their wool or their animals or their jewelry, pottery, blankets, clothing…anything. The Arra Courtroom had worshippers hustling and bustling in and out, or people with worried expressions going in for legal manners. Women with silk headwear covering their hair from the summer’s heat fanned themselves with their hands. Peasants begged in the street for food, money, or work. Lower class citizens plowed fields and studied ripening tomatoes. Women in these fields carried babies in some sort of basket on their backs.

When Ariona walked through the tall gates of the city, she thought it was nothing new, nothing special. However, she did need a place to stay for the night, food, and maybe some more shinies. As she thought about the shiny things she loved, she shook her arm and heard the bangles clank together, which always brightened her mood.

She stood before the Courthouse, and she looked up at it. It was a two story building, and the only way to get to the second story was by the ladder that was connected to a window. She had no need to go to the second story, but to find an Inn and shop for food. Where she could start, though, Ariona had no idea. Instead of looking for someone to ask, she walked down the wide streets.

As she did, Ariona noted how most of the city were tanned, from the bright sun and heat of the area. She, in her paleness, must’ve stood out, which was something that she was not happy about. She pursed her lips and put her head down, pretending as though she didn’t mind sticking out.

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 06-21-2009, 04:44 AM

The wind whistling through rough scales and barbed spines along the ridge of her back, Kerisha soared happily through the clouds as if all the cares in her little world were far below her. She gave a joyful raor, and belched her purple-blue flames. Her long, thick tail twisted in all directions, making Kerisha's heavy body spin and loop and soar as easily as a fish in the river that tangled through the hills below her.

But finally, Kerisha had to leave this haven of pale-white clouds, and spiral slowly to the ground. She flexed her outstretched front talons as she neared the wide river, searching for a fish that was brave enough to venture near to the surface. It wasn't long before she found one, in which case she swooped down and, with a tremendous splash, snatched the struggling silver fish out of the water. She landed with a heavy flump on the bank opposite to Arra. Kerisha folded her wings neatly to her sides, and began to eat feverishly.

As soon as she was finished, Kerisha lifted her big, purple head to look at the gates of the town on the other side of the river. She'd never actually been inside that city, mainly because she'd never been big enough to fly this far. But she'd heard many stories from the older dragons about this pretty city, and how it held treasures they themselves had never seen. It had only been five years, but already Kerisha was amazed at the little place. Quickly making up her mind, Kerisha unfolded her wings, and leapt over the river, using her huge wings to glide most of the way.

Kerisha strutted to the entrance on all four legs, as if she were trying to make herself less imposing. Well, she thought breathlessly, Here we go!

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:56 AM

"Grandfather, wake up. It's morning," Aiyana murmured as she shook her grandfather's prone form gently. Gradually, he began to stir and stretch, opening his eyes as he did so.

"Morning already, is it?" He asked groggily as he swung his legs off his raised pallet to place his bare feet on the floor. "Seems like I never get enough sleep these days."

Laughing quietly, Aiyana patted his shoulder affectionately. "I've made you breakfast, Grandfather. It's on the table. I would eat with you, but today promises to be busy. I must take my cart to the market."

"Busy, hmm? But lately hasn't business for flowers been in a slump? And people are wanting meat more than fruits and vegetables, aren't they?"

As he talked, Aiyana went around the hut gathering her soft goat-skin slippers, her trading pouch that was always tight on her waist while at the market, and a small package covered with large leaves that would serve as her lunch that day. With luck she would be out throughout the afternoon and bring home plenty of traded goods for her grandfather and herself. She approached the door, looking over her shoulder at the elderly man as she did so. "It would seem that people are beginning to realize that vegetables are in fact the perfect accompaniment to fish and meat. That is what I have been hearing, anyway, and that would certainly be my hope. I will back this evening--if I'm late, don't hesitate to eat without me."

Throwing her grandfather one last smile, Aiyana left as he stood up slowly, wincing as he placed a hand on his back.

"Thought she'd never leave," he muttered, stretching until at last he felt a satisfying pop in his lower back. "Aaahhh, that's better." He closed his eyes, shaking his head regretfully. "I've tried to hide it from her this long.... She doesn't need the worry. But it might come out sooner than I'd have hoped." He went over to the table hewn out of wood and sat down to his breakfast. "That girl has got a life and a good future ahead of her. She doesn't need to be kept home taking care of an old man like me."

opalistic8

Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 AM

Kerisha stared around in awe at all the stalls, carts and lean-to's that had mountains of produce. She saw everything there - it was almost amazing that so many things could be in one place at the same time. She lumbered about, gazing awestruck at the items for sale, until she came to a place near where she thought the middle of the city should be.

Kerisha sat on the ground heavily, and looked about her. The stalls here were surrounding a tall building, which strangely was double-story. Kerisha stared up at the top roof, which seemed quite high after walking around the tiny stalls that only came up to her elbow.

Kerisha, while still looking around, noticed a blank spot of ground nearby; it seemed as if the occupent hadn't arrived yet. She wondered what kind of fantastical produce that merchant might be selling; she was imagining things like flying dogs and talking rats. Kerisha started fantasising all kinds of things, and she didn't really notice when the time started to slip by...

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Aiyana trudged towards her reserved spot in the marketplace, pulling her wares in a cart behind her. Occasionally somebody would call a greeting to her, and she would return it with a smile and a comment.

"Good morning, Nirea. Is your cough better today?"

"Hello, Rolf. Those are some fine new leather boots."

"Ah, Yani, you might want to go after your dog before he grabs that piece of meat!"

She finally made it to her place in the market and brought her cart to a halt. Exhaling loudly, grateful to be able to stop pulling her heavy load, she checked her produce over to make sure it was presented in the most appealing way possible. She moved a vegetable there, plucked a leaf from a flower's stem there. Then she turned, took a deep breath, and began a (hopefully) lucrative day of business.

"Hello, there!" She called to a passing man, who was bearing a bundle of furs on his back. "Would you care for some fresh vegetables for your table, sir?"

The man gave her cart a cursory glance before shaking his head and going on.

Ah, well. You won some, you lost some. That was the way of the marketplace. Her smile not affected in the slightest, Aiyana sought out the next best possible customer, calling out to them with a cheerful wave.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-22-2009, 04:37 AM

The smells of the market place ranged from lovely and fruitful, to rancid and animalistic. So many things, all for sell. She was tempted by so much of it. First she stopped at a large booth, with many silken scarves hanging from hooks, decorated with elaborate designs. Laid out, on the tables underneath the hooks, were jewels and jewelry which shone in the sun of the summer morning. Their sparkles caught her eye, and made them light up. There was silver, gold, bronze; emeralds, sapphires, and rubies! Rings, bangles, necklaces, anklets…anything the heart could want. Ariona was so tempted by them that she reached out to hold a bangle, and compare it to her others.

Before she could, though, a voice hissed from behind the stalls. “What do you think you’re doing?” The voice slithered into her ears like a snake and left her cold. She quickly withdrew her hand and looked behind the scarf-made wall, to see a very old woman. Her gold eyes were surrounded by deep crows’ feet, and her mouth was surrounded by deep lines. Her brows were knit tightly together, and her eyebrows were bushy and grey. She, too, wore a head scarf, like most women here. She had piercings in her eyebrows and lip; she was a human, so Ariona figured that she had just barely survived the apocalypse, and somehow made herself rich.

When she stammered out that she just wanted to look at them, the old woman, who was no taller than five feet, stood up and asked her if she had the money to pay for her riches. “How much?” the elf questioned.

“Twenty pieces of gold for the bangle you were holding.” She remarked, as she eyed the many jewels that the elf carried on her person.

Ariona looked indignant. “You’re out of your mind!” she hollered, “That’s a scam, theft almost!”. And with that, she spun on her white boots and walked away from the stall. Next she found a cart that carried fish. Salmon, crab, and shrimp were carried on the cart, with signs attached to sticks in each pile; “Salmon – 5 G/lb”, “Crab – 7 G/lb”, and “Shrimp – 3 G/lb” they read.

Behind the cart a young man on a stool sat. He, too, was an elf, but his skin and hair were chestnut brown, and his eyes were emerald green. He wore a broad-rimmed straw hat, and overalls, but not anything else. He held a wallet in one hand, and rested his head in the other. “Hi there, can I help you?” he asked, bored and lazily.

Ariona smiled at him and bought her pound of shrimp. He wasn’t conversational, and she thanked the gods for that. Upon buying her pound of shellfish, she put them in a burlap sack, and turned away. “Right, now to find something to go with it…” she mumbled, as she looked down the curved road of the marketplace.

Vegetables; there was a stand of them being set out just as she looked down the lane, and she smiled. “Perfect.” She said to herself, as she walked towards it. A girl with dark hair, all tied up, a human, that is, had just sat up. As she approached the girl, who smiled and waved at potential customers, she smiled.

“Excuse me,” she asked, attempting to get her attention, “what vegetables do you serve here?”

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 AM

"Oh, you must be a traveler! Welcome to Arra," Aiyana greeted the elf warmly. "The cart load that I have with me right at this moment is mostly in-season vegetables, although I have managed to cultivate a few that don't come in until next season. Would you like to take a look?" Aiyana waved a hand at the cart that was chock full of beautifully arranged vegetables, fruits, and flowers.

"Vegetables are not the only things I sell, as you can see. Some fruit would make a nice accompaniment to a meal on the road, that is if you are only passing through our village. Or maybe you would like a flower? The flowers I grow are special; they far outlast other plants after I have cut them. Flowers are special, you know.... They have so many uses other than mere beauty."

Aiyana's face was alight as she warmed to her topic; one could see that she was no mere merchant out for wealth, and that she truly loved cultivating her plants. "Scents from a bouquet can soothe a weary soul, and the colors have the potential to cheer or depress; think about it! Only one flower has the power to change your mood, your outlook on life."

Suddenly she laughed and shook her head, stepping away from the cart. "I am sorry; you are here for vegetables, not flowers. Although I am certain you would not regret taking a few with you. Please, take your time looking through the vegetables that I have."

opalistic8

Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM

Kerisha snapped out of her daze as she heard people talking nearby. She got to her feet quickly, and glanced at the spot that had been empty a few minutes ago. There were two people there now... the cart seemed to be selling fruits, vegetables and very pretty flowers. Though Kerisha knew things like this were a treat for elves and humans, Kerisha had to force down a sigh of dissappointment; such things were worthless to a dragon, which survived solely on meat and fish.

Still, Kerisha wanted to see those beautiful flowers. The plants looked strong and healthy, and the colours were vibrant and the scents intoxicating. She may have been a dragon, but on the inside she was still just an eggling. Kerisha skipped over to the cart to stand a few human-paces behind the elf who was examining the cart. Kerisha stretched her neck slightly to the left to look and smell the flowers. Such strange varaieties! (sp?)

Kerisha glanced at the girl who she guessed was the sales woman. "Excuse me," Kerisha called politely, "What type of flowers are these? I don't think I've ever seen them before." Kerisha waited for an explanation with good nature.

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM

Aiyana turned to the dragon with another smile from her endless supply. "Those, dear dragon? Those red ones, Tsimois, are the ones that release the heaviest fragrance. And that vivid color, isn't it beautiful? I've heard it be compared to fire. And those yellow ones, Caloriths, with the streaks of white, have a much more delicate scent. Very soothing to look at and smell. Do you want to hold one? I don't mind. Ah, and my personal favorites.... Grimlises. A dark, velvety blue with a center of gold. It's like something from a king's garden of old! Wouldn't you agree?"

Aiyana now held one of each flower in her hands and was offering them to the dragon to look at and smell. She knew that part of buying something with confidence was experiencing its full effects for oneself. And who would not want to experience this beautiful harvest? she asked herself, glancing at her cart fondly.

"Do you see anything you like?" She asked the dragon and the traveler.

opalistic8

Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 AM

Kerisha lightly sniffed at the flowers; that red one was a little too strong for her heightened senses, but when she got past the strength it smelled very nice. She especially liked the blue-gold one; it looked beautiful and smelled wonderful.
Kerisha smiled at the shopkeeper. "Though I don't eat them, I thought your fruits looked very nice," Kerisha said truthfully, "Do you think there may be one a dragon would be able to stomach?"

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 AM

The traveling elf pondered silently, as she often did. It was her nature to ponder and wonder over whatever she might want to do, whether it is to go across the ocean to settle down for once, or buy carrots rather than potatoes. As the merchant and the dragon discussed flowers and chit chatted, she tried to drown out their voices and focus on the vegetables; she wasn’t very friendly for strangers and none too patient, so she didn’t care much for their idle speech.

“I’ll take…” she began to make her choice when screams, masses of them, were emitted from the Eastern wall. It wasn’t long before all in the market could hear what caused the screams; the sounds of war horse’s thunderous hooves pounding the earth in their rage, and the war cries of soldiers, calling for the death of the human race.

In an instant, the laughter and smiles of small children running about in their bare feet sublimed into the terrified shrieks of a basic instinct to run away from angry, dangerous creatures. Some merchants left their places, but most gathered their things the best they could as the giant horses, some winged and some the kind that humans knew long before the apocalypse, broke down the gates. It wasn’t long before the lower class houses were lit on fire, and they came toward the market at terrifying speed.

As she saw humans hit with bow and arrow, or set a blaze, Ariona looked to the merchant. “You need to get out of here. Find a place to hide, and I’ll defend the area you’re in.” She didn’t know if the human girl would obey her or not; for the sake of her life, though, she hoped that she would.

Then she turned her attention to the dragon beside her; she seemed so silly and innocent, but she still expected things of her. “And you, can you help us fight against them?” she asserted. Ariona was not one to beat around the bush or be a follower, and while she may not have been sweet or charming, she got things done and genuinely cared about the lives of others.

“If you can, then do it.” She said simply, pulling out her bow and arrow and aiming steadily.

((Feel free to describe what the attackers are doing, too.))

xXKingdomHeartsXx
I's not a morning person ;)

Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 AM

Kerisha was shocked at the sudden violence, but she'd been taught well by her race how to fight other creatures. She nodded to the elf, and leapt up onto her hind legs and bellowed. The sound echoed through the whole town, and some of the nearest attackers were almost knocked over by the wave of sound. Hoping she hadn't harmed the elf in any way, Kerisha spread her wings wide and sent a plume of flame into the air.

One of the creatures, which Kerisha recognised as a dwarf, snarled in fury and pulled back his arm to fling his axe; Kerisha was too fast for him. She barreled into him, and she felt his tough little body snap beneath her huge talons like a twig. Though she hated taking lives needlessly, she amended that this must be a time for action.

Something barreled into Kerisha's back; she roared in frusttration rather than pain and swung around to face her attacker. A huge beast with great, yellow eyes and strong yet spindly legs was leering at Kerisha, its poison-tipped fangs bared in a high-pitched hiss. Kerisha drew back her lips from her own fangs and growled menacingly. The attacker was a Basilisk; to a human, the glare of it's eyes could stun a human into a coma, though it didn't kill them as in some of their stories. The only thing about a Basilisk that would harm a dragon was it's lethal poison.

The ugly beast reared onto it's stronger hind legs and gave a harsh, piercing cry. Kerisha didn't flinch, but barreled for it's soft underbelly, which it had unwittingly left open in its attempt to stun her. The creature gave a deafening snarl of rage and fell heavily onto it's front legs, trapping Kerisha beneath it. She gasped in shock; it had planned that?? But Basilisk's never planned!

The beast's fangs opened wide in a triumphant leer, and it let out another screeching wail. It brought down it's mouth, its teeth about to pierce Kerisha's neck.

(Oops, I forgot to log back in o_O This is opalistic8's mule, sorry >_<;;; )

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-25-2009, 06:29 PM

Aiyana heard the war cries, the terrified screams. Her thoughts immediately leapt to her grandfather. Without giving her wares a second thought, she immediately began running for her home.

Please let him be all right, she silently begged. Please, let him be all right until I get there!

It seemed like forever, but was really less than a few minutes, before she finally reached her home. It was still intact, but she still wasted no time in rushing through the door.

Her grandfather was gone.

Aiyana would not allow herself to panic, although she was still frightened by the noise coming from outside and the possibilities of what could happen to her grandfather, herself, and her entire village. Her grandfather was still healthy, he would of course left the hut and ran away when he realized what was going on. That meant that she should flee, too. If she survived, she had a greater chance of finding him when the attack ended.

opalistic8

Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM

With a huge, defiant roar, Kerisha unfolded her huge wings and spread them wide. The sun sparkled through the jewel-like membrane, blinding the basilisk. The creature leapt off Kerisha, snarling in shock and rage. It shook it's head, trying to clear it's eyes. It didn't have time to do any such thing.

Kerisha's jaws found the ugly thing's neck, and she cruched down. The basilisk gave a gurgling shriek, then fell limp at Kerisha's feet. Panting, Kerisha glanced around. There was a group of humans who were cowering beneath an unusually tall werewolf. It drew back it's head and howled, the chilling sound piercing every ear. It drew back it's lips in a snarl.

Kerisha leapt over a quarelling gnome and crashed into the werewolf's back. It flew for a few meters and crashed into a mud-brick wall, which instantly fell on top of the wolf. Kerisha turned her head so that she could see the humans. They looked petrified in fright.

"What're you waiting for?!" Kerisha said loudly, "Get out of here!"

The humans snapped out of their terrified trance and scurried away, in the direction of some back gate she guessed. Kerisha turned back to her opponent just in time to see it leap at her still-unfurled wing.