xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Good Charlotte, I know either you love them or hate them. Whatever. I like them.

Good Charlotte formed in 1996, in Waldorf, Maryland. Over all they have 4 CDs out.

- Good Charlotte (2000)
- The Young and the Hopeless (2002)
- Chronicles of Life and Death (Life version & Death version) (2004)
- Good Morning Revival (2007)

They had success on the East coast with their first CD. Though they didn't have big success until they released their CD "The Young and the Hopeless" with the first single "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." They followed that song up with the singles "The Anthem", "Girls and Boys", "Hold On" and "The Young and The Hopeless."

In 2004 they released the CD "The Chronicles of Life and Death", they released 2 versions with 2 different last tracks, a Life version and a Death version. "The Chronicles of Life and Death" first single was "Predictable" followed by "I Just Wanna Live", as well as "We Believe" and "The Chronicles of Life and Death". This CD received mixed reaction from fans and the music world. It was completely different than their other work. Using keyboards and synths. The lyrics matured as well.

On March 27, 2007 Good Charlotte's 4th CD "Good Morning Revival" hit stores. The first song that Good Charlotte let fans listen to was "Keep Your Hands Off My Girl", many fans had mixed reactions on this song. It was a completely different style from any of Good Charlotte's previous work. The official first single "The River" has guest vocals from M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold and guest guitarist Synyster Gates. The next single is supposedly "Dance Floor Anthem".

-----

Yes, I am a fan of Good Charlotte. I am not ashamed of it. Why should I be? I like their music.

Today I just got their newest CD, it's different from their previous stuff. Though I like it, musically I like it. As a fan of Good Charlotte I like it.

-----

So if you like them, or hate them. I don't care. Just come here to discuss what you think about them.

If you hate them, why? And please be mature about it, and actually put some thought into it. Not just because you think they're "sellouts" or whatever. Actually say "I don't like them because..." Some meaning.

If you like them. Why do you like them?
Do you have a favorite CD?
Favorite song?
Least favorite CD?
Least favorite song?
Anything.

twizted child eve
┌(・。・...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM

I used to listen to them a lot. Now I hardly do. I don't know why. I just listen to other stuff. I didn't even know they had an album coming out today.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizted child eve
I used to listen to them a lot. Now I hardly do. I don't know why. I just listen to other stuff. I didn't even know they had an album coming out today.
I thought after "The Chronicles of Life and Death" that I wouldn't like their new stuff. Though I like it. It's different, though it seems like Good Charlotte.

Did you have a favorite song? CD?

melime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to melime Send a message via MSN to melime Send a message via Yahoo to melime

Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 AM

I've been a huge fan for a long time now <3
I honestly don't know if I could pick a favorite song, there's so many that I like xD Lol. For favorite cd though, I guess maybe Young & Hopeless ^^

I've heard some of their new stuff, and I actually quite like it. So far All Black is one of my favorite songs from the new cd ^^

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 AM

melime; Yay! Another fan. :)
Young and the Hopeless is a good CD. Good songs on it, a lot of my favoites are on there. Like Bloody Valentine and Hold On.

All Black is on the top of my favorite list for their new songs. :D

melime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to melime Send a message via MSN to melime Send a message via Yahoo to melime

Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 AM

Yea some of my favorites are on there as well, particularly Emotionless.

Nice ^^
A couple of my other favorites from their new cd are, Break Apart Her Heart and Where Would We Be Now.

I haven't had a chance to fully listen to the entire cd, but I'm already loving it <3

melime
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-01-2007, 06:58 AM

Wow, so I got the new album a couple days ago, and first of all I can't get enough of it. I love it so much <3 But also I'm quite surprised, there's suppose to be three extra songs, but they're not on the album.

The version of the album I downloaded last week (Which was how I was able to listen to it before now), has two of the three songs. One is the remix of Keep Your Hands Off My Girl, and the other is the supposed 'bonus track' Face The Strange. The third, which I don't have yet, is called Jealousy.

According to one site I looked at, those three songs are on Good Morning Revival B-Side. Obviously there isn't a second side to the CD, so what the heck is that, is there a second version of the album or something?

Lol, I feel SO retarded saying that xD But if there are other songs out there, that were suppose to be on this album, then I'd love to get them ya'know?

Caroline
stay gold

Old 04-02-2007, 12:38 PM

I was just listening to Good Charlotte, actually X)
I hadn't listened to them in a long time, except for the new single, "The River," which I love.
I own their first self-titled album and The Young and the Hopeless, but I sort of lost interest in them after that so I don't have much of a feel for what they sound like now. My favourite song that I've heard would have to be "My Bloody Valentine." Not sure about least favourite; none of their songs are too bad. P:

Melime, B-sides are an artist/band's less popular songs. They usually don't make it onto any actual albums.

melime
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 04:41 AM

Ahh, thank you Caroline!! ^____^ *Luffles*
I'm probably going to try to download Jealousy, cause I know someone has to have it out there somewhere, since I've actually found lyrics for it.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-14-2007, 03:48 PM

I completely LOVE their new album. I wasn't as fond of their third album, but I like this better than I like any other CD. Most people who I've met think that "Their first album was good, but then they sold out." Making money=selling out to people I know. Whatever. I was really worried about spending my money on their new CD--I figured it'd be about the same as their third one--but it was so YEA.

I've got Jealousy on my copy of the Good Morning Revival, but I haven't got "Face the Strange". Now I'm going to try and find it......

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-15-2007, 02:28 AM

I have their first three CDs, and was obsessed with them for about a year. I don't like them anymore.
Why? I find them a bit poppy, and repetitive. And the music just isn't my style anymore. I could go further, but I don't want to offend anyone. ^^ Didn't come here to pick a fight.
Though I do appreciate the message in Hold On. Considering some of their fanbase is attracted to "dark" things and such, I think they are being very responsible by sending out that message.
And I'm not being like "omg ur all emo and u want 2 die" or anything like that. I'm being serious.
Oh, and to answer your questions, when I liked them, my favorite CD of theirs was their second, and my least favorite was their first. And my least favorite song was the opening track on their third CD. And my favorite song, I think, was The Anthem.

Helium Voice
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM

I used to like them, A LOT.
But now it's just, been there, heard it.

I don't really listen to them anymore, but in the past, I was a BIG fan of them!

They've gone from good to RETARDED.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it's true.
I listen to Simple Plan now. =D
They ARE good.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 AM

I am a big fan..one of my favourite bands..

Why do you like them? the music, the lyrics, everything!!!

Do you have a favorite CD? at the moment its a draw between the self titled album and good morning revival.
Favorite song? I do not have a favourite song, I have many.
Least favorite CD? None.
Least favorite song? None.

I saw them live last year, amazing!!!!!!! I have alot of posters, level 27 clothing, tshirts, etc of the band...oh and singles..got a few of them too.

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Den ro Send a message via MSN to Den ro Send a message via Yahoo to Den ro

Old 05-20-2008, 12:12 PM

You have no reason to be ashamed of the guys, they have paid their dues, and deserve the respect of other people or fans of the industry. I too like Good Charlotte to an extent, they are always cruising around my ipod, and when their fourth CD comes out it will be in there too on permanent shuffle.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den ro View Post
You have no reason to be ashamed of the guys, they have paid their dues, and deserve the respect of other people or fans of the industry. I too like Good Charlotte to an extent, they are always cruising around my ipod, and when their fourth CD comes out it will be in there too on permanent shuffle.
Good Morning revival-the fourth cd has been out for quite some time now.

May I just say Helium that in my opinion simple plan are not good, and I cannot stand them..But I tend to go by "each to their own" so I respect your interest in Simple plan for that reason (as long as you don't try to convert me to a fan of course! XD).

Anyways....thats awesome you like them (to an extent) Den Ro. :D

Den ro
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Den ro Send a message via MSN to Den ro Send a message via Yahoo to Den ro

Old 05-20-2008, 12:28 PM

Yeah its pretty cool course my mind could change in an instant since it is so freaking early here.

Angelspit
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 PM

Haha, ok.

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 AM

I've heard only two songs by Good Charlotte. One of them I really liked during one point, and then I listened to another song by them, it was okay I guess, but not great. And then after I didn't like that song I first heard that much anymore I kind of forgot about them. So overall I guess they're okay but not favorites for me.

allen walker2435
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM

i what to see what people like about them, there favorites songs by good charlotte, and anything else you might know about them.

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 08-03-2009, 01:45 PM

I will be moving this over to the Music section. =)

vomity
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-03-2009, 04:17 PM

I love Good Charlotte. It's hard to pick my favorite song by them, though. My top favorite song from them are "Dance Floor Anthem", "Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous", and "The River". :]

VampiressMistress1234
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to VampiressMistress1234

Old 08-21-2009, 07:19 PM

i love good charlotte their awsome, my fav songs would be predictable, dance floor anthem, boys and girls, and i just wanna live

PaintTheSkyRed
Lovin' It
Send a message via Yahoo to PaintTheSkyRed

Old 08-21-2009, 07:20 PM

I love Good Charlotte because they put Billy in a strawberry coustume. xD