ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 11-10-2009, 07:36 PM

I just received a PM from a moderator about double posting.
I understand and read the TOS and Rules (so please don't post the link to them, I can look at it myself), but I still don't understand the big deal on a double post.
Does it back everything up or what?

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 11-11-2009 at 03:33 AM..

Silver Crusnik
Kittenfais Overlord

Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 PM

Actually, it's a preventative measure to spam and inane bumping. Since your posts each grant you gold, unlike some other sites that just progressively stop granting the gold, this is the site's guarantee against useless babble and spam clogging everythign up. I personally like the system, though of course I love to bump to help my friends on Gaia.

All the same, you can bump certain threads if they fall off the front page, with a relevant post, like if you wanted to say "Still selling' in your exchange thread. :3 But that doesn't happen too frequently, since the pages dont' circulate that fast.

ArsenicAttitude
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to ArsenicAttitude

Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Ah I understand.
But I wasn't trying to spam or bump though.
The system's okay, a little tight though.
I'm still used to Gaia's system, which is more free.
But I'll get used to it eventually.

Silver Crusnik
Kittenfais Overlord

Old 11-10-2009, 10:36 PM

It's okay, you probably got an expirable warning, Mene doesn't chop off newbie heads. Lol. Just n00b heads. =P Channah then distributes them. :heart:

Regardless, yeah. Gaia's a bit loose, but I made the same mistakes as you when I came here from Gaia, it's not too bad to get used to. :) And if you get drowned by the strictness, so to speak, just go to Gaia's chatterbox and bump it up. ^^u Yay for random bumping where you can!!

Tre Le Coco

Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 AM

Don't worry :) what you recieved was just a reminder to let you know for future reference, alot of smaller sites have this rule in place for the same reasons

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-12-2009, 06:24 PM

We understand that it may not have been your intention to spam up the site with nonsense, but that's not the only form of spam.
Say for example that you create a thread and get 7 replies. If you reply to all of those at once in one post, that's great. But if you hit quote on reply, type up your response, hit submit, and then keep doing that for every other reply, then you've just posted 7 times. And now rather than one post from you, there are seven, all in a row. That just looks really messy, you know?
It's just as messy (although on a smaller scale) if you make one post and the one right after it. We just like to keep the forums tidy. :)
Of course, you can use the multi-quote feature to quote a bunch of people all in one post, or you can use the edit button for those times that someone snuck in a post while you were still typing (or for any other reason you have for needing to add something). And you do get gold for adding things to your existing post (provided that the original post didn't hit the 20 gold max), so it's not like you're being short-changed, either. :)