View Poll Results: What kind of fantasy character influences your choice of fantasy/adventure book?
Vampires 3 100.00%
Elves/Trolls/Hobits/Gnomes 2 66.67%
Witches/Wizards/Magicians 3 100.00%
Dragons 2 66.67%
Demons 3 100.00%
Angels/Fairies 3 100.00%
Merfolk 2 66.67%
Werewolves 3 100.00%
Other: please post your "other" choice in the thread. 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Lexta
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lexta

Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 PM

Wow, congratulations. That is really exciting!
I love fantasy books, so I'll be sure to check it out.

If it isn't on a shelf I'll order it from the store. And then make all my friends come in looking for it at different times until they put it out. XD

ocenei
zomghi2u.com

Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Wow thanks Lexta <3 And yes I tried to make this book by far the most extensive fantasy. It literally has every creature from mythology and folklore. It also has love/romance, adventure, and epic battle and fight scenes. I was trying to write something that I would love to read myself.

Last edited by ocenei; 11-10-2009 at 02:29 AM..

Kira-hime
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-10-2009, 07:46 PM

That's fantastic! I'll have to go check it out! :D

Nimoa

Old 11-12-2009, 02:04 AM

Congrats in getting it published. This inspires me because for the past 3 months i have been working on a book. Good luck with the success of it selling and your next one two. I am getting the book as we speak. :)

skelly

Old 11-12-2009, 02:51 AM

Ah, congrats!
I'm not going to lie, I'm jealous!

Good luck writing number 2

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 AM

oh, I'm so envious. I'm trying to write a novel now, but school demands too much time. Getting published is my number one goal in life, so you sound amazing to me!

ocenei
zomghi2u.com

Old 11-13-2009, 04:53 AM

Luckily getting a book published isn't something you have to rush. So don't worry too much about when you get it done because once you do get it published and you hear your first good comment on it, it makes the wait worth while. And stick to your guns once you get a finish manuscript don't let anything stop you from getting it published. If its truly as good as you can make it and you feel its a really good story then someone will publish it. Worse comes to worse you may have to try to self publish, but don't feel bad if that does happen. When the series Eragon first started off it started as a self published book. It just happened to do so well that a major publisher picked it up to publish the rest of the series and now its been made into a movie! So I wish you the best of luck and let me know if you ever publish i'd be happy to buy a copy.

Last edited by ocenei; 11-13-2009 at 06:43 PM..

xXRainCloudsXx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-14-2009, 04:40 AM

Ou, I looked it up and it sounds interesting, I'll be sure to look for it! :) It looks familiar, I think I may have seen it before. Anywho, congrats! :D

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 AM

wow, congrats!
I'll definitely read it.
I'm writing a fantasy book too that i'm hoping to publish.

TelstelNSG1
=^.^=

Old 11-15-2009, 02:32 PM

might have to wait a while
i live in australia so it tends to take a while for overseas books to come here ehhe

Marquisse
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Wow that sounds like a fun read! I may have to pick it up. Congratulations of getting it published, please let me know when you vampire one is out I will be the first in line for that one lol! I have myself a vamp one in the works....

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 11-15-2009, 03:19 PM

Wow congrats, I'll have to check your book out! :D

Raven-is-untamed
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Ah kool
go check out your book as soon as i can
is there like a price ihave to pay or does it very from different stores?

ocenei
zomghi2u.com

Old 11-16-2009, 02:07 AM

I believe its cheaper if you get it directly from the publisher. But it will most likely vary by store. Hope this answers your question. :]

semiSuicidal
The Fallen
Send a message via AIM to semiSuicidal

Old 11-17-2009, 04:06 AM

Thats really amazing, and something i aspire to do myself. I have a WiP right now. i just have a feeling it won't appeal. What sort of channels did you go through to get a publisher?

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-17-2009, 05:28 AM

Wow that is amazing as I am also writing a fantasy novel as well which I have been off and on working on for the past few years. I keep getting too many other outside things going on in my life distracting me; but congratulations to you! That's a definite achievement

nette
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 AM

Oh so many things I want to write and so little abition to get it all done :(

I wish I could read your book Oceani but it's really too much for me to spend right now. :( Will have to wait I guess. I don't suppose any libraries will be getting it anytime soon?

ocenei
zomghi2u.com

Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiSuicidal View Post
Thats really amazing, and something i aspire to do myself. I have a WiP right now. i just have a feeling it won't appeal. What sort of channels did you go through to get a publisher?
I believe this may answer your question it was a response I gave to someone a couple pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocenei View Post
The first thing I had tried was self-publishing or vanity publishers, those are great if you have the money to invest. Then I started seeking big time publishers like Scholastic, however, with the bigger companies you must first have a 'marketed' manuscript. Which means, several companies must know about it and there must be an agent they can contact. That's another really important point. If you can try to get an agent. They already know the business and what should be done and how to pitch your manuscript to publishers. BUT..... if you don't have the money for self-publishing and/or an agent and if you seem to have no success pedalling your completed manuscript yourself, you can seek out smaller publishers that accept you under contract without any upfront fees and just take a cut of the profits. In that case look for one that has a growing percentage scale that way as time goes on you'll get more of a percentage of the books profits. This route is perfect if you have a book with several parts to it (mulitple books) because once you get it published then it becomes a marketed manuscript which means publishing companies will start trying to contact you to publish with them. ( hehe, getting it done the ninja way, is what I call it :p) Best of luck in your endeavor, nette.
Also not every original work is the best it can be and it won't always be something quick. Once you have it done (rough draft) go back through and read it again. This time when you see a word that you feel you use to often or can make better; change it. Or if you feel you didn't quite describe a scene as well as you could have. Focus on just that scene and try to make it more descriptive. As if you're trying to paint the most amazing piece of art ever. After you have done this to the end (word correction and improvement, scene improvement) Then you read through it once more with all the new revisions. You'll see that after you've made just a few small improvements your script starts really coming to life and is much more impressive. Now beware DON'T OVER REVISE!! You will only need to read through the completed manuscript twice.

1. for corrections and improvement

2. to review what the new revisions look like.
Only improve what you have don't change the story.

After you feel that your work is the best it possibly can be and you've figured out an impressive synopsis, genre you plan to pitch it as, and the audience you plan to pitch it towards; then submit it to some publishers or try to get an agent. I personally suggest hiring an agent if you can. Best of luck! :]

@nette: It may take a month or two depending on where you're from for the libraries to supply it. You could always go into the library and request them to purchase it to carry. But that also depends on whether or not they have the funding for purchases at that time. I'm currently working on a deal with my publisher to donate x amount of books to a few libraries. Perhaps if you gave me a local library you would like to have supply it then I could try to get a couple donations sent their way. (Try being the key word as I have no final say on the matter.) As soon as I have an official say of when and where libraries are supplying it, i'll let you guys know. Once one library has it then every library in the US can get it, they can access a national database to order it from other libraries which in that case would only take roughly two weeks.

BY THE WAY! Your avi's look amazing! <3

Last edited by ocenei; 11-17-2009 at 05:28 PM..