YamiSora
~

Old 01-30-2010, 03:35 AM

Man I made, probably my best acrylic painting so far and my scanner doesn't pick all of it up and has a weird shine on the painting! >.<

oh well anyways, from the look of it, what chu all think?
I did this for art class because the topic was *windows*, so i just happened to have this manga cover in my hand when my teacher said it! XDD

BTW: it's named "The truth" DUN DUN DUN!
and of course its Edward Elric from FMA

Krusadin
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 AM

I dont think the shine looks that bad. Scanners are more merciful for acrylics...not so much on watercolours and coloured pencils.
Is it a direct copy from the manga cover or were you just inspired by it? Anyway the setting looks nice and the background is very interesting...but in my opinion you could have worked more on the shading and lighting. There's a nice orange glow behind the character but I wish it would go a bit further and affect his cape colour as well. And the shadows could look better with a blue tint since blue and orange are complementary colours. Great job anyway!

YamiSora
~

Old 01-31-2010, 06:53 PM

ha ha! I was just inspired. and I know what you mean, I would have worked on it more, but I only had about a week and about 2 hours a day on that week to finish it........but woot woot I got a 97/100 for him, so I'm happy with it! XDD
(oh and it was for a senior year project, so I was a little lazy with it XP)

Heihachi hayashida
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-06-2010, 08:27 AM

I don't know a time when scanners have ever been kind to art. =___= They were meant to copy bold black text mostly so they're pretty stupid for detail. :[

All and all the painting looks good though the red on his jacket could use a second coat, it's a little blotchy. Also if there was a light source/dynamic shadows the painting would be more dramatic

YamiSora
~

Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 AM

ah ok I can see that! *shakes head up and down*

Raxma

Old 02-13-2010, 02:54 AM

That looks awesome! FMA rocks socks x3 Your colors are perfect and you really captured Ed's features 8D

I know how you feel about scanners D8< they destroy quality and cut off so much!

LVHAXOR
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 PM

FMA rules!

YamiSora
~

Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 PM

ha ha thanks guys! ^^
I just love drawing Ed and Al...........I don't know why HA HA!