PoppyPatch
  • Challenge PoppyPatch in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 PM

That stinks! : ( My sisters friend had a urinary track infection too, and she said it was just terrible. Although I don't think it lasted long, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't going through all you had to go through. Best of luck to you with that, though. I hope it goes away soon!

So what classes are you taking next year? I'm assuming you're in college?

Xxbl00dyxangelxX
  • Challenge Xxbl00dyxangelxX in the Arcade

Old 06-02-2010, 11:51 PM

Yeh i started with a UTI. and they gave me antibiotics that made me vomit. and I've been nauseous since, but the UTI is gone. They are going to check my gall bladder cuz that's usually what causes nausea.

yep I'll be a sophomore in college.
I'm taking Greek, creative writing, intro to psychology, literature and history.

How about you?

PoppyPatch

Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 PM

That's good that it's gone...hopefully they'll find the problem and you'll be CURED! : D

I'm finishing up my sophmore year in highschool. Next year I'm taking Sinfonia Orchestra, CIS Speech, CIS Micro/Macro Economics, AP World History, Spanish 4 1/2, Math, and Biology. Yup!

Edit: Greek sounds interesting! Is it your first year? Creative writing also sounds fun. I was almost going to take that but I'm thinking about doing PSEO my senior year, so I wanted to get a lot of college credits.

Last edited by PoppyPatch; 06-03-2010 at 12:04 AM..

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:06 AM

In high school Creative Writing was an AP class I think.

I'm an english major, and I love to write, and I know the professor so creative writing will be fun.
Yep first year on the Greek, It's going to be hard as hell but interesting. The professor for it is my advisor.

PoppyPatch

Old 06-03-2010, 12:14 AM

Really? At my school, it isn't. Infact, I don't think we have any AP writing courses. And we happen to be one of the few highschools in my state that offer A TON of AP/CIS courses. So that's weird! If it were, I probably would have taken it. I also love english, like you. This year I took AP English Language & Composition. It was a super easy course, but I am very apprehensive about my score on the actual AP test. It was extremely stressful! D :

And yes, Greek sounds like a challenge! Good luck with that! But I'm sure it'll be interesting. I love learning different languages. It's like a complex puzzle to figure out. Then when you actually see it or hear it somewhere, it's really cool to realize, "hey, I know what that means!"

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 AM

German wasn't too bad, but I imagine Greek will be very hard to learn. It's probably very complicated.
Especially since their alphabet is so different.

So, what are you planning on doing when you get out of high school or do you know yet?
I didn't decide until this past summer that I wanted to be an english major, so no rush lol.

PoppyPatch

Old 06-03-2010, 12:22 AM

Yeah, I keep jumping around from idea to idea. There was a LONG time when I wanted to be a teacher. But I don't really know what grade. I think I would get annoyed of little kids, and even more annoyed of high school kids! And the pay isn't very much, which doesn't really matter too much, but I'd rather have a job that has a normal schedule. Plus, I don't know what I would do during the summer. I'd want to keep busy. Then I wanted to be a Spanish teacher (such as at a Spanish Immersion school). And just tonight I though maybe I would want to do something with economics. But I'll see how that goes after taking Economics next year. HA!

I've always kind of known I want to go to college for something in business just because I know that's a safe major and I'll get me pretty far. But I'm really not sure I guess...lol

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 AM

I was thinking about teaching high school, but now I'm leaning towards college. easier to teach, higher pay. teachers make more than they let on however.

But I've been in debate lately, thinking about switching to sociology or psychology. I used to want to be a counselor. my ideas are changing all the time.

PoppyPatch

Old 06-03-2010, 12:29 AM

Haha, I wanted to be a counselor when I was in elementary/junior high! lol

But yeah, I was thinking about teaching college too, but I just feel like I'm not smart enough. It might sound weird considering I'm only in 10th grade, but it seems like I'm not even the smartest person in my grade. There are many more people smarter than I am, and I just feel like professors are some of the smartest people...you know, now that I'm typing it, it just sounds dumb. I can't really explain how I feel...

Sorry...lol, I dunno what I'm saying anymore!

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 AM

I'm not that smart personally, you don't have to be a genius. Just have to make it through college. You get smarter as you go along.

I like the freedom of teaching college, instead of being forced to teach certain things.

PoppyPatch

Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM

Yeah...I guess you're right. I think it would be so much better teaching college! The students would be so much more disciplined and mature! And like you said, there's more freedom in it! But I guess I'll just have to figure things out on my own! I still have time : )

Anyway, I have to do my book project. Don't want to put it off until the weekend, and I have no other homework tonight so I want to get a lot done! Nice chatting with you! : )

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:34 AM

okay, good luck on your book project =)

PoppyPatch

Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM

Thanks, I wish you luck at the doctor! : ) Bye bye!

Edit: Thanks for friending me! Talk to you later!

Xxbl00dyxangelxX

Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 AM

Guess I'm alone now. I shall wait for someone to come!

Freiheitsflugel
  • Challenge Freiheitsflugel in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 PM

hello!

Tags