heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2010, 04:23 AM

Soooo Tegaki E (Tegaki E) - It's a site where you kind of "blog," but everything is handwritten/drawn (either with a graphic tablet or a mouse).

I joined a while back (under the same user name as this one ;3 ) But I haven't done much there or successfully made any friends either D:

I'm very shy and I'm not confident in my artwork at all. Everything I do is for practice, practice, practice. I'm not much into critiques from other people, because I never look at my art and say, "Hey, that's good!" I'm always ragging on myself about how it sucks, so when other people do it too, it's a total downer for me... But, putting that aside, here are some examples of what I've done:

Some comments of mine:

Here's the linky to my page :P

I know I have a lot to learn about drawing and painting digitally, but I just love doing it. I've learned that the more time I spend on something, it comes out looking sooo much better -- I just don't have the patience to do that all the time and I'm so much of a perfectionist I can't do quick sketches too often. *sigh* At some point I will find a balance.

Feel free to post your own Tegaki art and share tips and tricks you've learned for the program used there :D ~ I'd love to see other people's art!

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-05-2010, 03:08 PM

Woah...I've never heard of this site before. XD I'll have to look into it once my laptop's done being invaded and I have my tablet with me. hahaha It looks really interesting. Like...an online sketchbook of sorts? I'd probably be in the same boat as you and be too shy to use it much...but ya know what? You are your own worst critic. Obviously, someone will always find a way you could improve, but I've found that for the most part, nobody can hate your work as much as you do (well...at least in my case. Every time I say I hate it, my friends are like "Wait..what? I love this one! It's cuteee!" >.<)

That said, I'm looking at your entries and I'm liking what I see! I think my favorites are "Windy Wish" and "Shine" (which you have posted here =] ) Actually...now that I'm looking at all of them closer, this one is really cool. I love how you continue the picture down through the comments.

And...yaaa....>.> Great work! You should definitely keep it up. And I'll see about getting myself an account, because that might be something fun for me to look into....

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM

Aw, thank you! I really appreciate what you're saying, too :P

As far as critiques go, I really love when people offer me tips on techniques or good references/tutorials to look through, but as far as flat out saying, "You did the arm wrong" or "the proportions are off" (usually in a much less nice way), generally, I know I did that wrong or that looks off, so it kind of strikes me like, "The only things that people can see are my mistakes."

And leave me a message if you join! That would be pretty awesome :heart: ... I'm hoping to kind of branch out and find people here. It actually may be a while before I am able to post any art on Tegaki E, though, because my computer's hard drive totally fried and I have to get it replaced and I'm not sure when that will be... *sigh* But hopefully things will work out soon.

Last edited by heartages; 07-05-2010 at 07:34 PM..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM

Awww! Ya, I hope that gets fixed...*currently waiting for brother to eliminate virus..again..*

I totally get that about the critiques, too. I'll post stuff on deviantArt and I KNOW sometimes the arms or legs are totally screwy. And then I'll get 2 paragraphs from someone about how the arm doesn't look right. And I have to just smile and say thanks, because I know they're just trying to help. >.< A GOOD critique should be able to list 1+ things they like about the piece and 1+ things they don't like. And it's even more helpful if they read other people's comments and either add on or write something completely different.

Man, now I'm getting all excited over this and I can't even use it yet. XD I'll definitely drop by your page and leave some messages and comments and stuff for ya.

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 PM

i has a tegaki E :D but i can't draw well on tegaki E >.>

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 PM

@Happy Starr : Oh yay! Thank you :heart: ~ I'd really like that!

@TheDesireMistress : I was TERRIBLE when I first began. I came back after I got a tablet and was months into practicing like mad with it. As I said before, everything I do is practice, so when I feel comfortable with my art and feel I have found my own style, then I'll say otherwise q(^w^)p ~ Did you want to share your username? It's fine if you don't, though! :P

About TE in general:

There are some really amazing artists on Tegaki E, and as I've previously stated, I really enjoy viewing the art of others.

I really get a kick out of the comments people leave~ It's soo much fun! :D

I do know that apparently there is some drama floating around TE, but I figure if you don't really start anything that has the potential for trouble, then things are less likely to happen. However, I also know there are people where ever you go who have innate problems with things and will give voice to it whenever and where ever, so there's a heads up... *sigh*

Of course I strive to be nice to everyone I meet :D ~ lol I'm kind of out to make friends, not push people away.

And there are some really cool "Tags" where you can post stuff. People have made some for doing drawn role plays (some of them are like comics) and then there are memes/batons that go around. From my experience, it can be a lot of fun! :D

Last edited by heartages; 07-05-2010 at 09:35 PM..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 AM

Ooooo! I totally understand the drama thing. It floats around dA, too, but never manages to find me. It gets to my friends sometimes, but I find that if it's just ignored it goes away. Some people can't help being total buttheads. That's fine, 'cause they're not worth my energy. XD I've actually always wanted to do a meme....I've just never known what to do when I come across one. hahaha

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM

:heart: :heart: :heart: yeah, I'm on dA myself and so far have managed to avoid drama (same user name there, too XD) :P

I saw your comment on TE~! I'll be sure to leave you pretty comments once I get my computer up and running. My cousin's coming to get it tomorrow so hopefully I'll get it back soon~~ =o=

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM

Awesome! No need to rush, I don't really have much up yet. XD I'm completely out of practice drawing with a tablet. Of course..most of my tablet usage has been isketch, so that might be why....haha I'll have to dig out some class doodles and see if drawing those helps.

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 PM

:D I tore out about a billion magazine clippings directly after the death of my PC and I keep telling myself I need to practice with a pencil because I only ever draw with my tablet anymore. I loooove having references ready at my finger tips, and without my computer, I felt useless :P

But I got those pages, so I need to put them to use. And some practice can only do me good~! D: I hope to be better when I come back to Tegaki E ~! I really love it, after all. And maybe I'll have some TE buddies by then, too! :D :D

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-06-2010, 10:28 PM

Heart
i don't have a tablet so its really hard to draw/pixel on their with a mouse.
My name on there is KitsunePixels

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-07-2010, 05:13 PM

Aw, don't feel bad. A lot of people draw with a mouse! (some people are so good at it, it's depressing D: ).

I sketched that with a mouse. ( a few years ago, I don't think I could have EVER done that with a mouse, and it's not that great... *breaks into a sweat just thinking about it* )

I actually came across TE after I had been drawing at oekakicentral with a mouse for a while... Although, having a tablet has spoiled me. I :heart: it soo much~!

But I do remember how hard it is to draw with a mouse! It is a serious challenge, and I don't think I have the patience for that at all anymore. Kudos to the people who do!

BTW do you draw or pixel more? Or is it about even? Just curious :P

Last edited by heartages; 07-09-2010 at 05:20 AM..

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-08-2010, 05:28 AM

i can't see the image you linked T^T it is really hard to draw with mouse.My hand always makes me mess up >.> i think a tablet would be easiest for me but im going to practice more.
for my drawing and pixeling are about even it use to be all about pixeling but ever since i opened my shop on menewsha i can't stop drawing XD

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-09-2010, 05:22 AM

I loove to draw, but I go through random spells where I want to pixel, but I don't know very much about pixelling... You can see some of my pixel art in one of the albums that are on my profile page if you want :D

And I corrected the link for that picture, so it should show up now! Sorry about that!! D:

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-11-2010, 08:56 AM

i saw it and its better than i can do.I want to be a really good artist but i can't do the sketchy kind of art XD

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 AM

Ah, I know how you feel about wanting to be a really good artist.... I just gotta keep practicing, because little by little, I think I've been getting better :D

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 07-20-2010, 12:54 AM

i think i've gotten better too.especially these last few days.once i get the eyes drawn on my sketch on MS paint do you want to see it?:)

heartages
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 PM

Sure! Sounds great! And I finally got my computer fixed so as soon as I get my programs set up again I should be drawing again! :D