Word! 27 15.70%
Gold! 47 27.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Starling.Blackwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Song View Post
Awe come on guys, The bible teaches us about love for your neighbour! Where is the love here?
Many faiths tell us not to allow our prejudice opinions to influence our opinions of others.

So I'm sorry Kings.

And I'm sorry to you to Angel, I'm guessing you probably expected a much cheerier thread.

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling.Blackwood View Post
Many faiths tell us not to allow our prejudice opinions to influence our opinions of others.

So I'm sorry Kings.

And I'm sorry to you to Angel, I'm guessing you probably expected a much cheerier thread.
That is alright, I admire you for being so mature to apologize for such a common mistake.

So tell me, what church are you part of?

Starling.Blackwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
That is alright, I admire you for being so mature to apologize for such a common mistake.

So tell me, what church are you part of?
Oh I'm not part of any church, I'm a Wiccan.

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Oh I'm not part of any church, I'm a Wiccan.
I'm not so sure what that is, I'm from a small town originally.

But nvm I'll pm you, we'll talk there. :D

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-17-2010, 05:57 AM

I forgive you Starling :) It's easy for non-believers to see God as vain or exampling of any one of the sins he tells us not to commit because they don't know Him or His purposes and view him with human standards which are just that human. it's impossible for us to label God with any of our words or definitions for our knowledge is limited in God's scope of things. We with all our collective knowledge know hardly one speck on on a speck of a speck on less than a millimeter of the tip of God's pinky finger compared to all He knows and sees. So how can we try and judge someone so infinite and encompassing? We can't. And I'm one grateful speck I don't know everything He knows. Grateful that He loves me, because even while I was still lost to Him in the power of sin He gave Christ that I might believe in my heart and be born again.

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 11-18-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Anointed View Post
I forgive you Starling :) It's easy for non-believers to see God as vain or exampling of any one of the sins he tells us not to commit because they don't know Him or His purposes and view him with human standards which are just that human. it's impossible for us to label God with any of our words or definitions for our knowledge is limited in God's scope of things. We with all our collective knowledge know hardly one speck on on a speck of a speck on less than a millimeter of the tip of God's pinky finger compared to all He knows and sees. So how can we try and judge someone so infinite and encompassing? We can't. And I'm one grateful speck I don't know everything He knows. Grateful that He loves me, because even while I was still lost to Him in the power of sin He gave Christ that I might believe in my heart and be born again.
No offence, but you REALLY need to chill a little.

I'm a Christian too, so I understand what you're saying, but you're coming off as a major dick. You weren't exactly a good example of the good parts of our faith; you're making it seem like everyone who reads the bible is some close-minded dogmatic robot unable to have a different opinion. So you saying you 'forgive her' for her being a 'non-believer' without apologizing for your behavior as well is very condescending.

Besides, she never said she didn't believe in god, she told me she does, she just doesn't see or worship god the same way you do.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Kings Anointed Send a message via Yahoo to Kings Anointed

Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
No offence, but you REALLY need to chill a little.

I'm a Christian too, so I understand what you're saying, but you're coming off as a major dick. You weren't exactly a good example of the good parts of our faith; you're making it seem like everyone who reads the bible is some close-minded dogmatic robot unable to have a different opinion. So you saying you 'forgive her' for her being a 'non-believer' without apologizing for your behavior as well is very condescending.

Besides, she never said she didn't believe in god, she told me she does, she just doesn't see or worship god the same way you do.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off that way at all Angel Song. I was having a bad day when I posted. :(. But I don't compromise on the message hon.

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 11-19-2010, 08:29 AM

I'm sorry too then, I was hoping to find a fellow Christian to hang out with on Mene, but all I've found was a mindless bigot who seems to enjoy making our faith look bad.

Good luck, and I hope one day you can do better.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-21-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry too then, I was hoping to find a fellow Christian to hang out with on Mene, but all I've found was a mindless bigot who seems to enjoy making our faith look bad.

Good luck, and I hope one day you can do better.
I am a mindless bigot because I claim Jesus is the Only way to Heaven? O_o Okay.

----------

Quote:

So I'm sorry Kings.

It's okay. We all say and do things we regret some times. :)

Fulkth
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-29-2010, 07:25 PM

What? I don't think Wiccans are christians are they? o.e

I seem to have missed a lot since I don't come on mene a lot anymore.

And yes, as far as I know the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ.

But there's just so many types of Christians I just don't know...

I don't know who is right and who is wrong anymore.

And I find it hard to keep a middle ground of spreading the faith correctly and trying not to offend and scare people away. You can't get it right all the time, but try your best.

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-30-2010, 09:44 PM

Welcome back Fulkth, no I guess my refusal to compromise on the plain Biblical fact that Jesus Christ is the Only way to Heaven seems to be a little too staunch and closed minded for people and I'm fine with that. I never made this thread so It would be popular. I made it for discussion.

Meh Ish Dum
Devout follower of Jesus Christ

Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Angel Song: A wiccan is a person who believes in "sorcery & talking to magical things" It is no shape or from related to Christianity. Although, I prefer to be a happy Southern Baptist Christian.

We were just discussing about how people turn Christmas into X-Mas, or Happy Holidays because they don't approve of Christianity. God was the one to create the holiday. Though people don't care about the other holidays like St. Patrick's Day, or Valentine's Day because they don't have anything to do with a religion.

Anyone hear about OCC? I went their for Thanksgiving. :D

Last edited by Meh Ish Dum; 12-05-2010 at 08:52 PM..

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh Ish Dum View Post
Angel Song: A wiccan is a person who believes in "sorcery & talking to magical things" It is no shape or from related to Christianity. Although, I prefer to be a happy Southern Baptist Christian.

We were just discussing about how people turn Christmas into X-Mas, or Happy Holidays because they don't approve of Christianity. God was the one to create the holiday. Though people don't care about the other holidays like St. Patrick's Day, or Valentine's Day because they don't have anything to do with a religion.

Anyone hear about OCC? I went their for Thanksgiving. :D
Hello, :) not that I don't exactly agree with you but do you believe Jesus was actually born on December 25th 2000 something years ago? Christmas while a great holiday in it's meaning and chosen day to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ the one in which man can be saved was not born on December 25th.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-06-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Uh, I think you have a misconception about Wicca. A Wiccian (usually) believes in the Earth Mother, and is more in tune with nature and the worlds energy. There is no 'sorcery' or 'talking to magical things' in Wicca, it's all about the natural order of the world.

Like Christianity, there are different sects (Christianity has Catholicism, Baptist, Evangelical, Gnostics, etc.) which all alter the basis of the religion to suit their particular needs, but they mostly follow the same guidelines.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 12-06-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
or Happy Holidays because they don't approve of Christianity.
People say happy holidays because often, they don't know if the person they're speaking to might celebrate another holiday than Christmas.
Like the Jewish celebrate Hanukkah, or a lot of African Americans celebrate Kwanzaa.
December in general is a month of holidays. Which holiday you celebrate simply depends on your religious/cultural background.

Working in retail, standing at the cash register, I don't know if the person I've just finished ringing up is Jewish or Christian. So I say "Happy holiday."
I have nothing against Christianity. I'm simply being diplomatic, choosing not to offend the person I speak to.

Angel Song
*^_^*

Old 12-06-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syraannabelle View Post
Uh, I think you have a misconception about Wicca. A Wiccian (usually) believes in the Earth Mother, and is more in tune with nature and the worlds energy. There is no 'sorcery' or 'talking to magical things' in Wicca, it's all about the natural order of the world.

Like Christianity, there are different sects (Christianity has Catholicism, Baptist, Evangelical, Gnostics, etc.) which all alter the basis of the religion to suit their particular needs, but they mostly follow the same guidelines.
Oh just ignore him, he's just an ignorant dumbass who has no idea what he's talking about other than what they drilled into his head in his grade 4 bible class

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah I figured. By grade 4, I had realized that Christianity wasn't my religion. *shudder* then had to deal with 4 more years of having a religion forced upon me. (Went to a Catholic elementary school)

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Oh just ignore him, he's just an ignorant dumbass who has no idea what he's talking about other than what they drilled into his head in his grade 4 bible class
Look I know he's probably not correct but there's no reason to be cursing at people here. I won't stand for it.

Connielass, I understand your position but in truth, it's there choice if they want to be offended by what you say in kindness or not. If it's in kindness they shouldn't take any offense to whichever you say. In fact if they are also kind they'll politely tell you which holiday they celebrate. I'm a student but I tell whenever I'm leaving someone that has just served me "Have a blessed day." That suffices too.

Last edited by Kings Anointed; 12-07-2010 at 07:35 AM..

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-25-2010, 05:51 AM

Merry Christmas Thread!

Creeping Ivy
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM

I like biblical stories, Samson and Delilah is one of my favourites, but most people I meet who use the bible as the be-all-end-all of reference material really ruin it.

For example the people who refuse to beleive in evolution because the bible says the world was created in 7 days (technically 6 because god rested on day 7)
and yet it also states that 1000 years is like one day to god, so wouldn't his 6 days be more like 6000 years?

It had it's redeeming qualities, like all religious text does, but it also has some major problems to it, most of which relate to the people who obsess over it.

disturbed66
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via ICQ to disturbed66 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbed66

Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 PM

I think i've tried to read the bible a few times, but it just dident catch my attention.
It proudly because i am in between religions right now
Father is a Lutheran, Mother is Jewish.
think what bothers me more about any reljoin is how much evil has come out of it. not the words themselves but people who twist said words to do evil. Such as Westboro Baptist Church,
there such evil people, both in what they believe and there actions.. kind of makes you sad really

Last edited by disturbed66; 01-26-2011 at 06:50 PM..

Kings Anointed
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed66 View Post
I think i've tried to read the bible a few times, but it just dident catch my attention.
It proudly because i am in between religions right now
Father is a Lutheran, Mother is Jewish.
think what bothers me more about any reljoin is how much evil has come out of it. not the words themselves but people who twist said words to do evil. Such as Westboro Baptist Church,
there such evil people, both in what they believe and there actions.. kind of makes you sad really
I totally agree with you right there man. Religion has been used to do terrible things. But it has also been used to do good things also such as charity, good will, grown communities.

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 AM

I read the old testament for a class, and it was definitely the hardest book I've ever read. It's so freaking inconsistent and reads more like a genealogy than anything. Book of Samuel was probably my favorite, I guess, but that's because everything else was like.. sending your daughter to get raped by the whole town or killing your brother because his sacrifice smelled good.

But my whole family is atheist, and I was raised atheist, so I see it less as a book of truths and more like a hastily complied history source, like Homer, except written worse.

Skull-Cookie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 AM

I try to read it sometimes...
But then I am quickly offended by it's sexist views and how it orders death over rather minor offenses. (Not to mention all the scandalous stuff that's in there 8I)

HabloPicasso
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull-Cookie View Post
I try to read it sometimes...
But then I am quickly offended by it's sexist views and how it orders death over rather minor offenses. (Not to mention all the scandalous stuff that's in there 8I)
Don't worry. There were plenty of other civilizations and groups that ordered death and whatever for shagging your neighbor's wife.