Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 02-26-2011, 01:04 AM

The first anime I ever saw was Speed Racer and I think Sailor Moon might have been my second? I can't remember if it was Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing... And I am honestly not sure what manga I started reading first. I think it might have been Chobits or Gravitation... it was one of those, I am pretty sure. (I was really late to the manga scene, haha... oops.)

Pistol-Chan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 AM

My first anime was Tenchi Muyo on Public Television at like two in the morning.
My first manga Trigun.

Larxene
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-28-2011, 06:56 PM

My first manga series was probably the Yu - Gi - Oh! series. For my first anime series, which was before finding out what manga was, was probably Dragonball Z.

angelbabe1
Account OC is Sekhmet (my avi)

Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM

anime would be ether pokemon or sailor moon I dont remember which was first.
and for a manga it was tokyo mew mew! <3

coconutberry
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivydoodle View Post
You should remember, Its the one that got you hooked. And make you want to read/watch more of its kind. Its the first anime/manga you ever watched/read :eager:
Well, in that case, my first was Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode. I got a copy of it at Half-Price Books, and for some reason, having one manga made me want more. It just kind of grew from there.

Kyo shi

Old 03-12-2011, 04:12 AM

My first Manga was Inuyasha, My first anime was Dragonball Z

EmoMarionette
There's a man in the woods.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:21 AM

Both anime and manga, was Fruits Basket. Definitely a good series to begin on as a beginner anime fan.

I guess unless you count me watching pokemon when I was 5 but I didn't know it was anime at the time >_O

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 03-14-2011, 04:49 PM

My first was Fushigi Yuugi, although I wouldn't call that a fantastic Beginner anime

Its still one of my favorites though xP

Hatsu_Kidamaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 AM

the first one I can remember is card captors sakura. I was about 8 when I received the first four for my birthday. I sure there were other mangas before that but I don't remember them. My first anime was either DBZ or sailor moon. I LOVED DbZ and I liked sailor moon. I remember the day my mom freaked out and said I could not watch them ever again after I had finished the whole first season at my bio-dad's house. I still think Card Captors is better than DBZ and Sailor moon, I still own the third book!

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM

I think the one that first got me hooked was Pokemon (shows, movies, cards, toys...).
I later watched some Sailor Moon (I had one doll and my dog chewed it up) and then Card Captor Sakura (lovedd - still have cards from the show).
But I didn't even know what anime was 'till, like, Middle School. XD

Mystic Crystal
Paranormal Expert
Send a message via MSN to Mystic Crystal

Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Inuyasha is what got me hooked.

Gentle Neko
For I am "Special"

Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 AM

My very first anime was Sailor Moon and the very first manga that I've ever read was Tokyo Mew Mew. Tokyo Mew Mew is what got me wanting to be a manga-ka. I still do want to do a manga. But unfortunately my drawing skills are just plain terrible.:(

MahalKita10
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-22-2011, 01:29 AM

My very first was shugo chara! I fell in love with ikuto! And now I love anime :)
but i watched pokemon when I was little, I just didn't know it was an anime!

cumquadparamour
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 PM

Interesting. ^.^
First anime was of course pokemon when I was like four (the original 150), but I didn't really know it was anime and everyone likes Pokemon so I don't think that really counts. My first manga encounter was in 6th grade when a friend forced me to read Ranma 1/2. I totally hated it and freaked out cuz it had nudity lol, so I went searching around the bookstores for A rated manga, but couldn't find any. Until one day, when a booksale came to our school and I found Ultra Maniac. (after Ultra Maniac, I was hooked :heart:)
Shortly after, I started watching Naruto because all of my friends liked it. At first it scared me, because I had never seen cartoon blood before (besides in Mulan) but I began to really like it, and it was the first anime I can say I have ever gone "Otaku" for.

LauLau
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM

My first ever anime was Inuyasha.
I friggin' loves it! ;D

-- Oh, and the first ever manga I read was Miki Falls - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter - by Mark Crilley

Last edited by LauLau; 03-31-2011 at 10:40 PM..

Ivydoodle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-04-2011, 09:03 PM

QueenMalicious, I looove Inuyasha :3

SceneRaverNeko, Hahaha my library was quite limited aswell XD and annoyingly they never had the first volume of anything o.O only the third of second.

Melody Xyelle, I still have to watch sailor moon, but jsut curious did you watch it in english or japanese? xD just so i can stop myself from wanting to choke someone too :3

Mimiroppu, ah! ive started to watch gravitation! I love it.

coconutberry, i knew it!! theres an a la mode version o.O ive only ever found the first book DX

Hatsu_Kidamaru, whaaaaat!? how dare she :O you should of told her NO! and march over to reread them 5 more times XD

cumquadparamour, *sighs* the first 150 were the best T-T They ruined it when they added more DX

Amaitae
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 AM

Kiki's Delivery Service. Though I did not know it was an anime at the time ^_^

Ivydoodle
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-05-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaitae View Post
Kiki's Delivery Service. Though I did not know it was an anime at the time ^_^
GAH!! i love this film!! I named my cat after Jiji xD

Deviant
We're all mad here.
Send a message via Yahoo to Deviant

Old 04-06-2011, 05:33 AM

Technically mine was Sailor Moon ^^; I don't care though, I loved that show. I used to spin around and pretend I was transforming too. I even had the Barbie dolls of them, until I destroyed them. I gave Sailor Mercury a haircut ><;

Then I think my second anime was DBZ, or Inuyasha. Ugh, I had such a crush on Sesshomaru...good times. Most of the first animes I ever watched were either from Cartoon Network's Toonami or Adult Swim. I used to sneak downstairs and watch Adult Swim on tv.

Amu
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2011, 05:40 AM

The first anime I ever saw would have to be Dragon Ball but I go hooked on Sailor Moon more so. Inuyasha later on actually brought me into the whole anime universe.

Reading manga took some time since I was unfamiliar with the medium and I was in a bookstore where I found Tokyo Mew Mew and I got hooked somehow.

AshbornFox
AshbornFox

Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 PM

oh gosh... um... i think the first one i saw was u u hakashu i think thats how you spell it..
but my all time fav is naruto/ naruto shipuden
...fruits baskit...
..black blood brothers...
and that one about the train thats called the pussy foot or something, i can never remember the name of it, but its right up there with naruto!!

SarcasticKoneko
-Sarcastic Little Cat-

Old 04-09-2011, 10:00 PM

I started watching Anime with Tokyo Mew Mew (and Pokemon, if that counts) and happened to discover manga when I saw a "book version" of it online. So I bought it and started reading, and was instantly hooked on the wonderful world of manga. Then I started venturing out into more series, until I gained the nice collection of obsessions I harbor today C:

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Sailor Moon was both my first anime and manga. I started watching the anime first, when the dub was on Cartoon Network. I think I also watched Pokemon somewhat around the same time, but I honestly don't remember which came first, except that I was always more of a fan of Sailor Moon than Pokemon.

I remember when I first discovered the manga, it was before any of the bookstores nearby even had a manga section. They actually had it with the childrens' books, if I remember correctly. o_O

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Sailor Moon and Pokemon aside, the first manga/anime I saw/read, would be Fruits Basket. Bleach minutes after... Literally.

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM

The first manga that I fully read was one of the Bleach ones, and it was during math class when I had nothing else to do (Why my math teacher had manga in her class, I have no idea.) But that's probably going to be the only manga that I ever actually read. I prefer anime.

My first anime that got me hooked on anime was I think Shugo Chara. I never finished it, though, because I moved on to animes that were more to my taste halfway into it. (Soul Eater, Elfen lied, things like that.)