ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-19-2011, 10:45 PM

So, didn't know where this would go since I'm not talking about art per say, nor is it TV or movie related... Figured I would play it safe and post here! *does not get out of the RP forum often* XD

Anyway, I am looking into getting a new camera(s) and camcorder. I want to get a DSL and a point and click camera, I'm not picky about which I get first. I also want to get a small camcorder, one that's easy to take around and preferably saves all to an SD card or something that is not VHS or DVD.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help meh! Any links would be helpful too XD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 AM

Most point and click digitals have an inbuilt video recorder do they not? And they usually have a memory card in them that you can stick straight into your computer. Unfortunately where I live is a little behind on tech, so I can't recommend any brands or anything.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-20-2011, 02:58 PM

They do, but I'm not too fond of the quality or the options for them. Granted they are probably getting better, but I'm gonna be old school and keep my camera and camcorder separate XP

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 AM

My friend had one of those miniDV camcorders. They're pretty useful. I forgot which brand tho.

alexandrakitty
Queenish silliosity

Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_SMG View Post
They do, but I'm not too fond of the quality or the options for them. Granted they are probably getting better, but I'm gonna be old school and keep my camera and camcorder separate XP
A couple of years ago, I bought a Sony Handy Cam that was both a camera and a video camera and the quality is still great -- so there are some great two-in-ones out there is you look...