Dexter Morgan
-

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 AM

Well, I'm bored, and with nothing to do, so I thougt I would share a bit with some random strangers.

I run a charity-based business, a small one, that deals in extermination and private investigation. Anytime anyone needs me, they just call as our hours are unlimited. My employees are my closest friends, an Australian tomboy, a near-genius and his nine-year-old sister, and my partner, who was raised by authentic hippies since birth.

Needless to say we are an odd bunch, and we do good work. But it's been so slow as of late. Today we only got one call, regarding a small wasp problem I let a couple others take care of. Other than that, we have been enormously bored, meandering around the house with no calls and probably none tomorrow.

Since I'm here, I'm wondering if anyone here is bored and what you do to take up that time? Personally, I write and lurk around here with nothing better to do at night. So what do you do?

Last edited by Dexter Morgan; 06-01-2011 at 05:11 AM..

Anaxilea
Slacker Queen
Send a message via AIM to Anaxilea Send a message via MSN to Anaxilea Send a message via Yahoo to Anaxilea

Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 AM

That sounds like a pretty great job! Like a TV show, to be honest. :lol: I work in charity as well (or do when the work is there, it's not my full-time job).

I game a lot... work on commissions, sometimes write.

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM

I decided to take past negative experiences and make it into something good. At the very least, the past is good for something, and it fuels the desire to help others, even if it's something as trivial as getting rid of a pest problem or something as complicated as busting up an illegal fighting ring.

I know, though, it's a lot like a television show. Actually, I'm surprised a camera crew has not started following us by now... Now that I think about it, that makes for a good little series... Writing our little adventures in a book-based plot, perhaps twist it a bit. Yes, that makes for a good idea...

Ahem, anyway, perhaps my imagination just needed a boost, is all. When I'm bored I write, whether on what I've been working on for a while or some new idea that really has substance. I just wish I could draw like some of those here on Mene.

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 06-03-2011, 03:35 AM

That sounds like fun c:

My job is at Spin this, which is a vinyl store run by my closest friends.
I basically do everything...clean, keep track of the stock, run the register.
It sucks sometimes though cause people go in expecting a huge wad of cash for their
vinyls which aren't in mint and mistreated..or rare. xD
This lady came in with this Diana Ross vinyl and wanted 400 dollars for it.
"..You see this! This is an original! I'm not expecting anything below 500."
"..Uhh, lady. First of all, there were about thousands of copies of this released.
It's not in mint condition and the vinyl is broken in half."
Since not a lot of people own vinyls anymore, the store is empty sometimes.
So, I abuse the vinyls during my shift and I like backwards masking sometimes..

Dexter Morgan
-

Old 06-03-2011, 04:55 AM

It's always a good time when you do what you love. At least it's picked up a bit.

It sounds a bit calm where you work, hence the 'empty sometimes' bit. Working with one's friends takes a lot of the stress away from the actual job, if I do say so myself. Before starting this business I used to work at a pawn shop, and I've been confronted by a lot of people like that woman. Though they had rings and old coats, and whined when I told them the item was worth hardly a fraction of what they thought at first. Some go as far to blame you for the lack of value of the item. What a bother.