ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM

I want to get into jewellery making, mainly earrings and necklaces, and I'm ordering some things online for it - gemstones, wires, threads and.. tools. Thing is, I've only dabbled in it before, and never with wire, so I'm not sure which tools to buy. This is the store I'm looking at, and its selections of cutters and pliers. The wire I've got in my basket already is a 0.8mm wire, and I've no idea what would work best for it - I don't know the difference between the different noses and what not. I bet there must be some people on Mene who have worked with this kinda stuff, so I ask you to help me choose, please. :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-06-2011, 01:39 PM

I wouldn't mind some guidance too, I have a bunch of stuff: beads, findings etc. but I'm kind of afraid to start! I got a little kit that has a pair of wire-cutters, roundnose pliers and another pair of some kind, but it's all a bit daunting!

Last edited by Peeblo; 08-09-2011 at 06:27 PM..

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Hah, Jelly, I love your signature. :lol:

I found this little basic guide, which recommends round nose and flat nose (or chain nose) pliers, and side cutters, so unless I hear different from anyone, I'll probably go with those. Either way, I'd love to hear from people who have used them, plus any tips you may have.
I probably won't be working with beads, not quite my kind of things, probably mostly with some clay, precious stones, feathers and such. I'm really excited to get started! :squee: