LiliumScifi
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 AM

My avi is kinda based around him hahaha XD

I was made to read his stuff back in high school, it was definitely more interesting then a lot of things! I'm not big on poetry though personally. Did you have to read a lot of Edgar's stuff?

Mini Captain
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Mini Captain Send a message via MSN to Mini Captain Send a message via Yahoo to Mini Captain

Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 AM

Edgar Allan Poe is the amazing writer who inspired me to first start writing -- seriously. Though, sadly, I haven't read all of his work yet. Just a select few; I have a short attention span that prevents me from reading more than a page a day -- if that. In my opinion, he was ahead of his time.

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 AM

I love Mr.Poe. His work is amazing and very inspiring! He was a muse to one of my old stories about a girl with a twisted reality.

MiyuMiyu
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 AM

I agree, he was definitely a wonderful writer. I remember some of his poems actually giving me chills, which is hard to accomplish after all of the horror stories and squicky fanfiction I've read. I actually did a small presentation based on one of his poems in class during my Junior year of high school.

To throw everyone off I did my project on Annabel Lee. Since he's so often associated with scary and morbid imagery, I thought it'd be fun to talk about how many love poems he's written about various women.

Parinia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Parinia

Old 08-06-2011, 04:08 PM

Last time I checked, even his love poems are nicely "goth". At least two or three anyway. Heh.