tanektoshni
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2011, 04:32 PM

I submitted a paper to become a writing tutor over the summer. Unfortunately, due to a computer crash, it was one of the few papers I had remaining. I was basically told that it was not a good paper. I looked over the woman's shoulder and realized that it was a rough draft. So as I'm kicking myself and trying not to cry, I attempt to give her a better version. Supposedly she will get back to me tomorrow. My main problem is that I need this tutoring job to pay my rent. If I don't pay rent, I can't stay in school... Can someone give me some ideas?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-29-2011, 04:52 PM

it is kind of hard to help without seeing your paper sweetie.
how about you post it please?
i would also suggest applying for other jobs in the meantime.
good luck with rent!

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 09-29-2011, 05:49 PM

yush, i agree with hummy!

did you let the lady know the situation as well?

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-30-2011, 11:23 AM

You should probably try and find some back up plans, then. :(
As much as I hate to say it, but, a lot of employers can be pretty picky about hiring in this economy because they get so many applicants.
If you're worried about rent or not getting this job, apply to other places too.

tanektoshni
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 PM

The main problem is that I already have two other jobs... As for a sample of writing to show the difference, I can do that.

This is the first paragraph of the one I sent by accident:
Quote:
The word Democracy has many connotations and brings up a variety of images. One might think of old men wearing togas, or old men wearing business suits yelling at each other across aisles. Dave Hickey adds another image, Las Vegas, to our current idea of democracy. Democracy can be seen in a variety of ways: as capitalism, egalitarianism, or even some other funky system that allows voting. These are all parts of Democracy. In the early days of Democracy was originally run by the people directly. People met in groups and discussed directly issues and ideas. Though the United States claims to be a democracy, we are not a direct democracy. America is more of a republic because we elect officials to represent our interests instead of presenting our interests ourselves as we would in a true democracy. Dave Hickey, in his essay “A Home in the Neon,” implies that the city of Las Vegas has achieved a democratic state that is ideal when compared to the rest of America. Las Vegas is a democracy because of the egalitarian way that people are treated. Because people are equal, they represent their own ideas and ideals, as they would in a true democracy. Vegas is a city where the melting pot has finally mixed and allowed for a better democracy.
This is the second one that I had hoped was better(also first paragraph):
Quote:
Though many points seem to argue against gender separation, there are both some things good and bad about it. I feel that the main issue people have with gender separation is not that the genders are separated; I feel that they dislike which characteristics are given to the specific gender. People can exist between the two categories without changing sexual preferences, which is the generic implication when one straddles the two gender categories. The lines between gender categories today have blurred, so much so that I think the distance between male and female is not as far separated as many are led to believe.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 10-01-2011, 07:08 PM

wow, you already have two jobs tanektoshni?
how do you find time to go to classes and eat?

Maroon Surreal
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanektoshni View Post
My main problem is that I need this tutoring job to pay my rent. If I don't pay rent, I can't stay in school... Can someone give me some ideas?
Maybe you can learn by yourself by free online tutorials. There's a lot out there! :)
I'm learning to write better, too! :D
Mind if I give you links?
or maybe you can try to write everyday to get better.
How about links to writing prompts? :)

I hope I helped you :)