Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 PM

Artwork by HamletSpamlet, banner by Sizzla

Hello, brave adventurers and nervous bystanders! When last we saw you, our courageous and slightly inebriated protagonist, in your daring adventure, you had fallen down a magical trap, met Jablo the Imp, enlisted the help of Abel and Mr. Mayor in battling an evil plant (only to have both of them go missing), braved the scary forest, joined up with Tesel, Lise, Afrodonkey and Fluffy to try to find Mr. Mayor and Abel, got transported underground, threw up on the evil plant, passed out in Jablo's dining room, got good and lost in the forest and found a ghostly light down at the bay.
(Forget any of that? Read the previous story updates here!)

Man, you've had a busy day! But before you can put your feet up and relax, we need to find out how this story ends! Read on for the last part of your adventure, prizes and information on future Choose Your Own Adventure games!

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-11-2011 at 09:15 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Trick's Trick

See a screenshot of the final dice roll here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress
I eye the light with caution before inching closer. Last thing I want to do is trip and land on the light. What if it's a ghost? Or Fluffy?! Abel would kill me if I hurt Fluffy.
Carefully and slowly, you inch towards the bay. It takes you a good fifteen minutes despite not being that far away, but you're already covered in cuts and bruises from your previous falls and you just don't need anymore. Finally, you're just on the other side of the rocky embankment. You place your feet slowly on the rocks and begin inching around the jagged boulder. You peek around...
"AIIIEEEEEEE!" you scream. It's a ghost! It's an actual ghost! It's glowing! It has a face! It's semi-transparent! Ghost!
"AAAAAAAAAH!" the ghost screams back and zips behind a rock in fear. Likewise, you whip back around the boulder to hide. Your heart is beating so loudly in your head that you can no longer hear the ocean right behind you. You're too scared to even move... Ghost! Ghost! You didn't even believe in ghosts, but there it was! A ghost!
"P-p-p-p-please don't hurt me..." you hear a tiny voice stutter out. That ghost must have some poor person held as a prisoner! By the sound of the voice, a child! Probably an orphan, because that makes it sadder. Wait, what would a ghost do with a person? You don't know, but you bet it's pretty nefarious.
You take in a deep breath and try to gather up some courage. As a brave adventurer, it's your duty to save this poor kid! You puff out your chest and strut around the boulder, hoping the evil ghost won't be able to see how much your legs are shaking in fear. The light has vanished, so he probably can't.
"Unhand that orphan, you dastardly ghost!" you command in the most intimidating voice you can muster. The tiny voice whimpers at the sound of your voice. Aww, man, you didn't mean to scare the kid too!
"Or-... orphan?" The tiny voice says after a pause.
"Yes, come to me, it's alright! I'm a human! I'll save you from that nasty ghost!" You say.
"Nasty ghost?!" the voice says in return.
"Yes, the one who was... being evil to you! And scaring you! And who kidnapped you!" As you say this, the light - and the ghost - slowly begin to emerge from a pile of rocks across from you. You brace yourself and try to think brave thoughts.
"I didn't kidnap anyone!" the ghost says in... in a very tiny voice. The voice you had heard before!
"Wait, you... what?"
"I would never kidnap a child!" the ghost says, indignant. From what you can see, the ghost is a round, whitish blob with a small tail. He has blue eyes and a golden halo floats above his head. In one of his stubby hands he holds a lantern that gives off an ethereal blue-green glow - the light you saw before.
"... Then what's going on here?" you ask.
"I don't know! I was just watching the ocean when you came over here and screamed at me!"
"Oh... So you're not evil?" you ask.
"No! Trick is, but I'm not!"
"Who's Trick?"
"He's the ghost that lives on the other side of the island. I'm Treat," the ghost says.
"Oh... Oh, wait! I think I remember hearing about you! Haven't you given out candy here before?"
"Yes, I did a few years ago," Treat says.
"Oh..." Well, now you feel silly. You've scared and accused the resident friendly ghost! "I'm... sorry. I was looking for my friends, they disappeared, and I thought... I thought maybe a ghost ate them..."
"How could a ghost eat a person? We're not physical!" Treat says. To demonstrate this point, he flies at you. You flinch, but he flies right through you and you don't feel a thing. "I couldn't eat you even if I wanted to."
"Oh... Well... I guess I'd better get back to finding my friends," you say.
"Your friends went missing? Where?"
"In the forest. I think some evil plant thing took them."
"Wait, an evil plant? Oh, I bet this is Trick's doing. Here, follow me!" Treat says and begins flying inland.
"Whoa, didn't you say he was evil?!" You exclaim, hesitantly following Treat.
"Don't worry," Treat says.

After trekking across Menewsha with Treat, you come upon a very spooky looking dead tree.
"Trick! Trick, get out here!" Treat yells at the tree. A ghost emerges from the tree. He looks like Treat, however he's black with red horns and eyes. He has two fangs that look like they would be quite sharp if they were actually corporeal.
"Ehhh, what d'ya want?" Trick says.
"Did you take some people?" Treat asks.
"Heh... Yeah. I did," Trick says pridefully. You stand very still, hoping the tiny evil ghost won't notice you.
"Let them go, Trick," Treat says. Could it really be that easy? Just ask? After all this, everything will be solved by just asking nicely?
"Why should I? I'm havin' fun spooking the one with the doofy hat!"
"Gasp!" you say. Weren't you trying to go unnoticed?
"Eyyy, who's this?" Trick says, floating over to you and eyeing you maliciously. "Aww, I could have fun spookin' you! Hey, hey, check this one out. It gets that weird animal thing every time." Trick bloats up to five times his usual size, his mouth opens to stretch across nearly his entire face and his tongue splits into five writhing snakes as he lets out a guttural scream. At this point, you pass out...

"U GONNA WAKE UP???" A voice yells at you loudly. You open your eyes to find it's daylight - you haven't seen that in a while. Afrodonkey is standing over you, staring at you with a huge grin. "U GAAAAAAIZ! DEY WAKEDED UP!" Afrodonkey yells.
You sit up and find yourself in a bedroom. Soon people begin pouring in through the door. Mr. Mayor, Abel, Lise, Tesel, Fluffy and Treat all group around the bed you're in.
"What... the ever-loving heck just happened?" you mumble.
"I got Trick to let your friends go!" Treat says.
"You had passed out, so I let you sleep in my guest bedroom," Mr. Mayor says.
"Awww, you carried me all the way out of the woods?" you say, your eyes twinkling and your heart going pitter-patter.
"Erm..."
"I carried you," Tesel says, rolling her eyes. "No one else could lift you." Your heart shatters.
"So... I didn't save the day?" You ask, crushed.
"Sure ya did!" A voice says. Jablo pushes through the crowd to your bedside. "I couldn't have killed that plant by myself! The whole island woulda been without power soon if you hadn't come along!"
"Oh... What was with that plant anyway?" You ask.
"Trick planted it," Treat sighs. "He's always getting up to something naughty. Usually I catch it, but I never go into the forest... It's too scary."
"So... I helped?" You ask.
"You helped!" Everyone says in unison. That was weird and corny. But hooray, you saved the day and got to sleep in Mr. Mayor's house! It's a win in your book.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-12-2011 at 12:24 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Prizes

Brave Adventurer
For posting 4 or more story suggestions, the following people will receive a Halloween 2011 event item of their choice!

Show WinnersX

• Liztress
  • PapillonCameo
  • EirianHikari
  • zigbigadorlube
  • `Kitami
  • Saravi Boo
  • Rinetteable
  • Iroase Delschatten
  • Shadami
  • Shishunki
  • fairywaif
  • vgracebutterfly
  • Kokoro Chan
  • maidenroseheart
  • NeuzaKC

If your name is on this list, post a reply or PM me with the EI you would like. If you don't pick one or don't have a preference, you will receive a randomly chosen one.

Legendary Adventurer
For posting 7 or more story suggestions, the following people will receive a November 2011 CI set, in addition to the Brave Adventurer prize.

Show WinnersX

• Liztress
  • PapillonCameo
  • EirianHikari
  • zigbigadorlube
  • `Kitami
  • Saravi Boo
  • Rinetteable
  • Shadami
  • Shishunki
  • fairywaif
  • vgracebutterfly

Lucky Traveller
For being lucky enough to have their story suggestions randomly picked more than once, the following users will receive a Whole Bunch O' Luck - not that they need it!

Show WinnersX

• zigbigadorlube
  • EirianHikari

Cunning Explorer
For posting exceptionally creative or funny suggestions, the following people will receive 200 gold.

Show WinnersX

• PapillonCameo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo
Out of curiosity after seeing that light, and in need of a fright, I stepped out of the main square and walked to Discovery Bay while quacking with anticipation.
Who knew our protagonist was part duck? For knowing more about the story than even I did, PapillonCameo earned herself a prize.

• Saravi Boo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo
I peer at the doors curiously for a few moments before I remember that shipwreck on Discovery Bay. There was hooch on that boat....maybe there's still some left. Hooch would make it much easier to face anything scary I might encounter tonight. That in mind, I climb the rope and head for the possibly haunted bay.
Saravi Boo doesn't let a little thing like adventure get in the way of boozin'. For this suggestion and her many others revolving around the glorious hooch, she wins a prize.

• Knerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd
As the world's greatest mechanic, I jerry-rig my flashlight batteries into a make-shift tazer and carefully open the door to the left. If anything comes at me, they're going to get a nasty shock!
To reward Knerd's MacGyver-like skills, she will receive a prize. Look out, she might turn it into a bomb!

• Acobjum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acobjum
I strap a fresh pair of underwear to my head and headbutt the left door.
I'm not sure what Acobjum hoped to achieve with an underwear helmet, but for making me laugh, he receives a prize!

• Liztress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liztress
I glance at both doors and weigh my options. One could lead to candy galore and the other could be to certain death... Closing my eyes, I reach out and grab a doorknob. Opening my eyes, I see that I picked neither the right nor left door. Instead is a cleverly hidden middle door engraved with strange markings. This is the door I take.
Apparently not content with the options I gave, Liztress wished a new door into existence. For her magical door-summoning powers, she receives a prize.

• Zigbigadorlube
Quote:
Pft. That creepy little dude never offered any reward. Why should I waste my night tripping over tree roots in some forest? I need another soda... And maybe some hooch... Or ice cream. Or hooch flavored ice cream. Or better yet a hooch flavored ice cream float! Yeah, that'd be perfect... With that in mind I look around for some place willing to fulfill such a dream.
Screw this game, she wants ice cream! Zigbigadorlube will receive a prize to help fuel her hooch float addiction.

• moon children
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon children
deciding that it would be fun to go trick or treating i start walking up to peoples doors and yelling the special phrase that gets me candy no matter what "im starving give me candy or i will set fire to your house." once i have candy i go int o the forest to find some plant and make peace because i no want to be the next movie about a plant eating a girl
I'm just afraid that moon children might burn my house down if I don't give her a prize. :cry:

• hiriyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiriyuu
pacing back and forth, woods, food, woods, food. Then it hits me....both! I pay for some cotton candy, preferably hooch flavored, and then run off into the woods in search of that weird root plant thing. Maybe it is food too?
hiriyuu took our protagonist's love of alcohol and turned it into a love of anything consumable. Well, that would explain why Tesel was the only one able to lift them... For understanding that all anyone really wants is a nice snack, hiriyuu receives a prize.

• Seridano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano
[...] It's rescue time!

I can't help picturing Mr. Mayor in a rather elaborate gown ala damsel in distress style and find myself giggling (it's not hysteria...mostly) as I make my way back into town to find Tesel. [...]
For providing us all with this mental image, Seridano wins a prize.

• maidenroseheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart
Totally need a better plan. Heading back into town I run into jellysundae and her cool expression calms me. Realizing I need that calm influence on this trip, I ask her if she wanted to cosplay with me and some "friends" in the woods. I tell her the Mayor is waiting for us. [...]
Hey, sometimes the really big problems are way above the heads of the NPCs or even the mods. For knowing jellysundae can fix almost anything, maidenroseheart wins a prize.

• Iroase Delschatten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroase Delschatten
[...] Armed with my trusty ham hock, I marched bravely back into the forest.
For her... unusual choice of weapon, Iroase Delschatten earned a prize.

• fairywaif
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairywaif
[...] Tesel and Lise should do well against this hellish fiend plant! Yes! And we shall be called... Team Evil Plants Fighters! No. Team We Don't Need No Booze! Promising. Maybe a combination? Aha! Team No Booze Needed to Fight the Evil Plants! Perfect. I grab a pair of pruning shears. I can probably brandish them at the plant. Tesel can equip herself and Lise. I hurry to Tesel's place.
fairwaif will receive a prize to help set up the Menewshan chapter of TNBNtFtEP.

• NeuzaKC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC
I cringe. It doesn't feel right to go anywhere alone, I'd really feel better if at least someone was with me... I clench my buttcheeks and walk up to the bedroom anyway. I need answers and I need them now.
No matter how stressful your day, the most important thing is having a toned butt. For reminding us to do our butt exercises, NeuzaKC wins a prize.

• Shishunki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki
You knock on Nalin's door, unintentionally louder than you meant. And when he opens the door, you explain in a calm and reasonable manner about everything that's happened and why you need food before you go back out into the darkness.
At least you thought you did.
You wake up on Nalin's couch. Over a late late dinner, or early breakfast, of waffles (Nalin made you waffles~<3); you find out that you had mumbled some really incoherent stuff about imps, hooch and burping vines. And had ended it all by saying "Oh yah, Abel is kidnapped" and falling vulgarly onto Nalin's chest. [...]
Shishunki knows what the women of Menewsha want: waffles from Nalin. For this bit of fanservice, she will receive a prize.

• `Kitami
Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami
First of all, I'm going to find a bathroom. I have to pee. [...]
Ever notice how people never use the bathroom in stories unless it's relevant to the plot? Does everyone in television shows and books have a catheter in full time? `Kitami wins a prize for keeping it real. Sometimes people just have to pee.

• Rinetteable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinetteable
I head toward the light; Fluffy was a bright ball of light and he was pretty cool! Walking with care, I head towards the blue-green light. "Hmm hmm hmm, We'll be singing, while we're winning...hmm hmm"
I reward people who sing along with me.

• Kokoro Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoro Chan
[...] I step forward and suddenly my feet are over my head as I trip over a small root. "FARTS AND DARTS!" I scream as I tumble, completely losing all semblance of sneakery. [...]
For her creative swearing, Kokoro Chan receives a prize.

All prizes will be sent out around Tuesday to give those that need to choose their prize time to do so. Those who don't choose by Monday will receive a random EI.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-12-2011 at 12:31 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 PM

Future Adventures

Want more adventure? There will most likely not be a Choose Your Own Adventure game for the Festival of Winter Nights event. However, I'm considering setting up a permanent game that will go during non-event times!

What will be different:
  • No event means the stories won't be restricted to just one week. I won't need to drag out certain parts of the story for filler, and stories can also be longer.
  • Since it won't be an official game, there will be no prizes. But you were in it for the fun, right?
  • Story updates may not be on a daily basis, depending on how much time I have, but they will be frequent.
  • Multiple stories! Once one story is finished, we'll start a new one.
  • Art! Participants will be encouraged to doodle out scenes from the story. Any art made will be displayed proudly on the front page!

If you would be interested in participating, please let me know and I'll ping you if/when I set the thread up! If you don't receive ping notifications, say so and I'll PM you. I won't start the game unless at least 5 people are interested.

Interested:
PapillonCameo
Shishunki
Saravi Boo
`Kitami
Liztress
zigbigadorlube
maidenroseheart
Rinetteable
hummy
EirianHikari
NeuzaKC
Cora Lorington
vgracebutterfly
fairywaif
Shadami
~LONGCAT~
Kokoro Chan

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-18-2011 at 04:27 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 AM

I'm interested in future adventures. :]

I also have no preference for which EI i get.

Edit :
also that was a fantastic ending!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-12-2011, 12:42 AM

Thank you so much! XD It was just so much fun I had to keep giving out suggestions.

And, I'd adore to participate in the ongoing thread you plan in making! As for the prize.... The one with Treat! He's just so cute.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 11-12-2011, 12:45 AM

Shi has no preference of EI. :)

Cherry told a fun story~! And it was fun to participate in!
And winning a prize for writing about getting waffles from Nalin, made me laugh for more than a couple minutes. X3

Very good ending. :) Glad that we all sorta saved the day. X3 And we ended up in Mr.Mayor's bed.

Shi wants to join future games! D:

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 AM

I'd be interested in an ongoing story like this. ^_^ Or at least a permanent thread home for this type of RP.

For my prize EI I would like the Beastie one please. ^_^ Thanks very much. Also, you made my month with the CI prize. I haven't managed to procure this months CIs yet. ^_^ Woo!!

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 AM

As I love to write stories and really enjoyed yours cherry, (both submitting suggestions for it and reading the story itself). I would be very interested in being part of a non-event one :) Actually I've been checking the forum every day so I could both: read the final chapter of this one, plus see what you decided about doing this outside events :) You write really well. If you do this for winter nights, I'll definitely have to take part ( only start at or around the beginning like my sister did and 'tried to get me to do', rather than just popping in towards the end, like I did this time lol)

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 11-12-2011, 01:10 AM

I'd love to play this again, Twinny, so ping me! :P

Also...that was a profitable pee. :lol:

And I do have an EI preference- I'd like I'll Treat You please. The CI prize is lovely since I couldn't afford to buy them this month. ^_^

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 11-12-2011, 01:20 AM

A random EI works for me. :)

And sign me up. I love this sort of thread. Makes me feel creative. xD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-12-2011, 01:42 AM

That was tons of fun, I'd definitely like to participate!

Also I'll take the purple CI if that's okay... I feel special getting so many prizes, thanks a bunch Cherry!

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-12-2011 at 01:45 AM..

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-12-2011, 02:07 AM

Haha I wasn't able to stick to the end, as I got more busy for the latter half of the event, pleasant surprise, though, this!
Thank you very much for the thread, Cherry! It was fun to chip in when I did! :hug:

May I have Creepy Beatie Costume, please?

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 11-12-2011, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
I would love to do another story with you! That would be awesome!

As for EI... I bought the one I wanted... I don't really want any of the others. So I guess that means you get lucky and save money? :) Thank you though!!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-12-2011, 03:09 AM

The EIs don't cost me, maidenroseheart, they're poofed into existence just for the prizes. So pick whichever one you think you might use some day, or you could sell it or give it to a charity. :)

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 11-12-2011 at 03:24 AM..

Rinetteable
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 AM

I too would love the Creepy Beastie EI please. :) I had so much fun with this one!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-12-2011, 05:28 AM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!
i'd love to participate in your future adventure thread, Cherry.
thank you very much for doing one during non-event times.

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 AM

Cherry, I'll take the Creepy Beatie Costume please for the EI choice ^_^

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:33 PM

AMG I'M SO EXCITED OMG I CAN'T.

I win gold for my buttcheek remark, weee~

I can't tell you how excited I am. And I'm super interested in the new adventure, please ping me! :D As for the EI, I'll get back to you on that one, I have all the ones I want so I'm going to check if I can do something useful with the one I pick. Maybe give it to a friend, you see. :D

Secret Santa
*^_^*

Old 11-12-2011, 03:45 PM

I didn't have time to join you during the event, but I'm interested as well!

EDIT: Balls.....forgot I was on my mule. Please ping my main account...not this one.

I'm Cora Lorington xP

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Cherry, I'd be interested in giving a try at a non-event story as well ^_^

sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 11-12-2011, 07:34 PM

I would love to do non-event adventures!

I would like the magical mysteries EI (The one with the sorting hat.)

I didn't win for my Detective team? I am disappointed, that was my favorite entry I made. We totally would of kicked butt.

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM

Hooch Investigators? We work for Hooch.

That was my favorite of yours too!

I would LOVE to do another of these! Yes.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 PM

@ Cherry: Can I change my EI choice to the creepy beastie costume instead?