PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotacon View Post
*Evil grin* Yer dad it starting to sound a little like me....Not in the likeing of TL, but....Kukukukuku
Yeah, ya gotta wonder about a guy like that XD
He even has an earing! It's in the wrong ear though XD

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 PM

never got into the vampire trend the only vampire book I actually liked was Cirque Du Freak and the anime of Hellsing did vampires justice. twilight may have started the trend but the books that came after it were a hell of alot better at least some of them anyway. wonder what the next trend will be hopefully something not retarded.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Hellsing is definately one hell of a vampire series!

EstoPerpetua
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to EstoPerpetua Send a message via Yahoo to EstoPerpetua

Old 07-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Vampires have become incredibly overused now. Personally, the only series (that I've read) that I can stand is Vampire Academy. It is a far cry from great writing, but it is not bad. It definitely strays from the beaten down path of the Twilight Vampire, but still retains a tiny bit of the evil from the classic Dracula in the antagonists of the series.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM

As far as Manga goes, the best vamps I've come across are in Hellsing and, surprise surprise, Trinity Blood...I know, TB is the girly feme sexy vamps....which is why I like them. :P But at least they stick with most of the vamp rules, y'know? And Hellsing? Classic evil vamps....I mean, even the "hero" is evil. :P

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 PM

manga and anime do more justice to vampires than books or hollywood movies period.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
manga and anime do more justice to vampires than books or hollywood movies period.
I second that emotion!

Wamakai
Who Am I?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Me and Vampires is now kinda 'Once upon a time.'
Honestly? Everyone has hyped it way too much. I loved Van Helsing. I loved Vampire in Brooklyn, not to mention the classics like Dracula. I liked Twilight, the first, second, and yes, the third movie, but now, I don't feel the urge to actively hunt for it. I guess all the hype wore on me. Now everywhere I go, even my free ebook download sites, I can't get away from the giant mosquitoes... (pardon the bad joke. If you don't get it, vamps and mozzies are both bloodsuckers)
I actually don't mind a good vampire book now and again, but this is way too much.
Oh, and let's not forget the whole 'SPARKLES[???] in Sunlight' bit... what is up with that?! Gosh! Sorry to bash Twilight guys, but I really don't see what the fuss is about any more :no:
Vampires should be akin to what they started out to be; vicious bloodthirsy creatures, the stuff of nightmares who BURN in sunlight and retreat to the shadows during the day, who fear garlic and wooden stakes and silver bullets and holy water and churches and the like... I would give the TV series,"Angel," kudos in this respect, Stick to the basics man! Even Vampire Diaries (which, surprise, surprise, I actually like; basic vamps! Woohoo! Finally!) stuck, more or less to the basic script. :angry:
Ok, this marks the conclusion of my rant. Thank you for listening ;)

Last edited by Wamakai; 07-27-2011 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: additional information

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM

I love vamps so much, it just ticks me off when they are so perverted.....

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 AM

Weather sexy beast or blood lusting monster, Vamps Rule!!!!! But all-in-all, most peopkle seem to be forgetting just what they are. . . . They're zombies with brains and no rotting flesh. . . . . They kill to live. . . . . Cept the ones that drink animal blood. . . .

luci_in_the_sky
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 PM

Blegh. I hated Twilight. Not dark enough. I like Anne Rice's vampires more. :3 Mmm. Rat blood.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 PM

I agree 100%! Twilight seems like the fangirl idealzation of what a vampire should be, denying all the harsh realities of what a vampire really is. . . . .

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 AM

I've read some good vampire books before Twilight was release. I think Stephine just open a variety of books towards vampire and it's different aspects. She just created a character whom she likes thinking someone out there will also like the characters she create. She's using her imaginative artist ways to create something she has in mind. Everyone has something they want to create, she just wrote a novel revolving around a girl, vampire and other people. I've read some gruesome vampire novels and I didn't mind when I read Twilight, my friend gave it to me, I gave it a try and I absolutely like it. I told some of the people I talk to, associates, then it spread like wild-fire and BOOM, it became popular. My friend and I couldn't believe it, we were in middle school and liked the book then. It's not a big bother to me, since there was a phase where everyone was into Harry Potter. I, myself, was not. Since I never read the books just watched the movies. Can't really call myself a Harry Potter fanatic. Things will always transcend into something popular, I'm not surprise if wolves are next. Or angel, since I'm starting to see a lot of fallen angel books.

Anzelthur
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM

Meyer sucks, she destroyed Rathbone, Pattinson and Stewart's reputations. :(

Either way, I read the books because my sister and a few friends were into them (way before the movies came out)
I thought the books were alright but I disliked Isabella, Jacob and Edward SO MUCH. GOSH. Pedowolf and angsty virgins much?
I only liked Alice, Jasper and Bella's father. The last book made me rage so hard as well. Only thing I liked was the idea of "nice" vampires living off on animal blood and that some could get powers. The series is pretty much Meyer's lame sexual fantasy.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Never read'em and never plan to, so no positives I can give to them. I miss the old vamps!

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2011, 04:38 PM

when i go to the book store i find that there are toooooo many teenage books on vampires... i think its just too much

Cloudy Sky
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2011, 10:56 AM

I agree, every best selling book is pretty much vampires. I am guilty of liking only ONE series and i watch it on tv too. They didn't rip off twilight, twilight ripped off of them pretty much. I like the vampires that are (i don't know) real? Well i mean i like the ones who burn in sunlight and they drink human blood. I like the vampire diaries. yeah i know its kind of popular but no one is walking around with team damon or team stefan shirts. I think the author is really good, i just hate the love triangles....

gummi
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2011, 05:03 PM

omg yes this is soo true, after twilight when i go to the book store i see sooooo mnay books on vampires!!!

----------

lol i didnt notice that i have posted twice in this thread

----------

but anyways i try to stay away from those vampire books becuase in the end they turn out to be the same somewhat

D.o.l.l.
Mookieness

Old 11-11-2011, 10:23 PM

I don't see what twilight ruined and I really don't see the big deal Its just someones perspective and what they wanted to portray. Vampires are what you call a myth no one knows what they actually are or even if they exist so there's no point in arguing about it.

I've read all the twilight books, and have seen the movies up to this point. I've not read the Ann Rice books nor true blood books or the vampire diaries but I've seen all the shows and movies that came of them. I personally liked them all. As far as I've seen they have their similarities and their differences and really just look at them as different stories.

Point is Vampires are awesome no matter how you look at them.