emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-04-2011, 03:01 AM

Story

It was all an accident. Scientists were trying to figure out how someone became "evil." Was it caused by a bad past? A traumatic experience? Or was it something more? Something in someone's DNA that forced them to steal, to rape, to kill? And if it was something in someone's DNA, could it be reversed? Countless test subjects were brought in, serial killers from various jails were tested, mental patients were experimented on, all in the name of the greater good.

Then it happened. A scientist created something, a gas that he believed could make people "evil." He tested it out on on a rodent first. When he introduced the infected rodent to the others, it immediately attacked, savagely killing it's companions. The scientist was ecstatic. If he could make something to turn rodents (and people) "evil," surely he could make something to turn them "good." In his excitement, he bumped the stoppered test tube filled with the gas onto the ground. The gas spread throughout the room before he had even realized what had happened, and he was infected. His eyes turned blood red as the urge to kill came over him.

A black mask grew over his face, and soon only his red eyes were visible. This was something that had not happened with the rodent, but the scientist didn't dwell on it. He was content with killing passerby at first, but then he realized that with his intelligence, he could do so much more. The evil scientist made more and more of the gas, releasing it on the world on October 5, 2031.

That day was a day of chaos. Some were immune to the gas, but many more were not. Most of those immune were wiped out. Mothers snapped their children's necks without blinking, lovers suddenly engaged in fights to the death. Even animals turned on each other. All humans who were infected immediately grew black masks that covered their faces. This did not happen to animals, making them even more dangerous. Those left after that day knew to avoid those with masks, but the animals looked harmless. At first.

Humanity was brought to its knees. "The Masked," as they became known, fought with each other, so their numbers dwindled as well. However, the non-infected were at much higher risk for attack, since they could not defend themselves. The Masked gained superhuman strength and speed along with their lust for blood. Humans barely stood a chance against the Masked, but some still tried to fight.

These people call themselves the Anti-Masked Numbers. They reside in New York, where most of the Masked that are left have gathered. They use every weapon available in attempts to kill the creatures. You probably know them, though. If you aren't one of them, you're one of the ones they've tried to kill. Or perhaps you're just a civilian? Better hurry to New York, then. That's your only chance of survival...

----------

This area is the OOC area.
Talk of the story and non-RP-related things here only please, I don't want to clutter up the RP.

----------

links:
INSANITY RP

INSANITY PROFILES

Last edited by emiko_firecaster; 04-04-2011 at 03:12 AM..

Uzura
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-04-2011, 04:47 PM

I'm interested in joining this RP. I'll put together a profile later today.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM

Cools! You have it up already! :eager: I'll get to work on my profile~<3

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM

mmk like i posted just send it in, ill approve it, its so that i wont get those few who are going to try the mary sue

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM

Alrighty :) Just wondering, how many Anti-Masked Numbers are there in NY?

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-07-2011, 03:10 AM

hmn i didnt really think of that, but its not more then twenty, and only about 100 world wide. citizens however are different as many flux into the city, though the numbers decline every day... id say at this point of the story however there are about 500,000 world wide...

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM

Urk! I did it again! :gonk: I'm very terribly sorry for not having been on and not having said I might not be on for a while!!!!! It was a horrible miscalculation on my part and I'm really really sorry!! :cry: I hope you'll still let me stay in the rp though I know I don't deserve it OTL

EDIT: I'll be back on in a few hours.

Last edited by MintyRey; 04-15-2011 at 09:07 PM..

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-16-2011, 04:05 AM

lol actually its mostly waiting for more people since its only three people at the moment... in fact i was even thinking of creating another character....

MintyRey
N00b

Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM

Oh ok :) Another character sounds alright but it's up to you. I'll get working on my very late post now :sweat:

MintyRey
N00b

Old 05-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Sorry for a very late reply :sweat: I forgot that Fitria was heading towards the hospital building :headdesk:

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 PM

lol its fine, i was wondering what i should make fitria's welcome at the building... considering she is using a very loud motorcycle...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 05-08-2011, 07:42 AM

>.>; Better late than never, eh my friends? <3

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 AM

ah welcome to the party as soon as i post your profile you may join

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-26-2011, 01:33 AM

OMG!! I cant believe i forgot this thread :headdesk: how long since weve been on here? moe>.< anyways ill try to get my post up if you guys are still interested in doing this one... if not ill completely understand :oops:

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-26-2011, 01:37 AM

Lol, it's been about.... *counts with fingers*.... six months? :XD I'm still up for it but I'm not sure about everyone else :sweat:

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Minty! -huggles- Well I'm still around and I'm always up for rping. Soooo. -huggles Minty s'more- rawr?

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-26-2011, 02:42 PM

lol good to hear, we may have another joining as a civi, so feal free to check them out.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Kry! *huggles Kry back* :hug:

And yay! New zombie foo- I mean, potential allies :XD

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-27-2011, 08:33 PM

:giggles: