Clairefirestar9mm
Caboose :3

Old 11-28-2011, 02:39 AM

Welcome to Cirque Du Tenebres, a darkly whimsical place where anything is possible.

However, don't think that this circus is all innocent intentions and harmless fun. That would be your second mistake.

Your first was coming here.

~~~~~~~~~

Genesis Alodos the Beast Charmer, was extremely bored. It was getting down to the wire- the circus was set to start in 30 minutes, and people were already starting to appear. But it wasn't enough; the young woman was oddly restless, as she wove a cobra around her hand.

"This show needs to start already," she murmured in a lightly accented voice, examining the snake as it moved.

[Hope this is okay ^^]

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Anatole leaned over the white clad woman with a smirk all his own. Dark brown hair falling around his face in an edgy style, and wearing nothing but a pair of leather pants, the fire breather cut quite a figure. "Now now Genesis, patience. I know how you get when you're hungry, but the show is starting. See?" Pointing to the center ring with a braceleted hand the young looking man let his dark eyes wander trough the crowd.

Trying to find something to eat was such hassle, when the crowd was so large.

Fidgeting nervously, Alison tried not to show how much she was looking forward to the show. This Cirque was supposed to rival the better now Cirque du Soleil. After seeing a few of those performances, two, the dark haired woman couldn't wait to make the comparison herself.

A hush fell over the crowd as the ringmaster stepped into the center of the ring and began hsi introductions with a smile. There was a dark and eerie sensation running trough everyone of his words, as if some grand mystery waited in the world of this Cirque just waiting to unfold for the person brave enough to step forward to try and figure them out.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-29-2011, 02:13 AM

Genesis sighed again, then cast a look over her shoulder at the dark haired male. "You should put more clothes on, or else you'll catch cold," she teased lightly, setting the cobra down. She looked out at the crowd as well, wondering which of the unfortunate souls would end up as her prey.

She settled into her seat as the ringmaster stepped into the ring, a hush falling over the crowd. The knot of anxiety and impatience in her stomach tightened as she leaned forward to listen to him.

----------

"This is so lame...."

Greg sighed and rested his chin in his hand, leaning forward with a bored expression dancing across his features. He hadn't wanted to come here tonight- it had been his sister's idea, and she was off in the crowd somewhere with a group of her friends. He would have ditched her, but mom had assigned him to babysitting Courtney- and he wasn't one to disobey his mother. Actually, his mother wasn't a woman who could be disobeyed, but that was a different story. He watched as the ringmaster stepped onto the stage, obviously disinterested.

[[Thought I'd even out the playing field >.> Greg can disappear if need be though.]]

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 AM

Rolling his eyes, the male stepped forward with a wink. It was his turn already, and then... Then he could find some delicious morsel. Tonight he wanted something special, and especially tasty. It had been a while, hadn't it? Time was so hard to count for someone who had an unlimited amount of it. Why bother, when Anatole knew already that he would live for eternity.

Alison watched with amazement as the show began to unfold. Each one of the performances was more amazing then the last, and one common thread brought it all together. An element of danger and elemental hunger emanated from each of the performers, as if they were searching for prey among the spectators. Her blue eyes were wide as saucers the whole time, until someone tapped her shoulder. Turning the young woman gasped as she recognized the firebreather from earlier in the show standing behind her.

((Hmm, lol we can play around with characters as we want until we find a pair we like. There's a huge crowd, and a few circus performers, i'm sure we'll settle on a a few people we like. XD))

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-29-2011, 02:38 AM

Genesis only smiled at him and shook her head, a soft, whispered "good luck" following him as he went to perform. She was a few acts after him- the impatience mounted as others went out before her. Then, it was her turn to shine; ever the people pleaser, she stepped out onto the ring, a wide, beautiful smile on her face throughout the whole duration of her act- even when the tiger put his jaws around her head. It went by quickly- almost too quickly- and then she was backstage again, the prospect of dinner even closer. Close enough to make her mouth water, at the very least.

---------------------

Bored. So bored, Greg thought, as the first performer stepped on. His mind quickly changed when he began his routine; fire had always fascinated the boy (his sister teased him about being a pyro. It wasn't true.) After that, though, the acts weren't enough to keep his attention. His eyes began to wander the crowd- and that was when he saw the fire breather in the crowd a few seats away, standing behind a girl.

That set off alarms in his head for some reason. He frowned slightly, trying to shrug it off.

[[Sounds like a plan ^^]]

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 AM

Smirking, anatole guided the young woman away form everyone else. Something about her bothered him though.. Ah yes, she wasn't quite special enough. Perhaps a young man tonight? Flicking his wrist the handsome man made the girl lose consciousness and then returned to the tent. Once inside, his eyes traveled quietly searching for that one perfect prey.

Then he caught sight of him, or rather they looked at each other. Sauntering over with an inviting smile, the male regarded the boy sitting not too far from where the girl had been. "Hi there, I noticed you watching me during my act. Perhaps you might like a ... Private show?"

Rose watched jealously as the firebreather spoke to the girl sitting in front of her. She wanted a hot guy to notice her! But it never, ever, happened. There was always someone else, brighter and more beautiful then she. After watching the man disappear with longing Rose was shocked to see him returning. But alas, she was ignored again.

Sometimes the grey eyed girl wished she could be anywhere then where she was... Or anyone else for that matter.

(I don't know what we'll do next, but that's what I,ve got so far.))

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-29-2011, 02:57 AM

It hadn't been hard for Genesis to satisfy her needs- men were so obviously easy. As she straightened up, wiping a pale hand across her bloodied mouth, she wondered what the others were up to. No matter, it was none of her concern. She was still hungry.

[[I'll come back to Gen later ^^]]
----------------

Greg looked up as someone spoke to him; it was the firebreather, he realised after a moment. His brow crinkled as he frowned at the man's offer.

"Private show," he asked, his tone of voice wary. "Like.... what?"

---------------

Lucius scanned the crowd, looking for candidates. The slim male ran a hand through his almost white blonde hair, pushing it out of silver eyes. It took him a moment, but he eventually found a target- there. A young woman, who was feeling rather jealous and left out at the attention the male Anatole had picked.

He smiled serenely, then made his way towards her, using his "power" to make the audience ignore him. He sent a soothing aura her way before taking the empty seat next to her.

"Are you enjoying the show," he asked, emanating a comforting aura, influencing her to think he was safe.

[[I'lll play it by ear for now, I think we're getting somewhere now :D]]

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-29-2011, 03:15 AM

(( I foresee constant character switching in the future.))

Turning from the scene unrolling before her, the young woman was startled to find a handsome man sitting beside her. Rose hadn't thought anyone had been sitting there.. Shaking the thought away, the young woman tilted her head to the side and smiled coyly at him. "I wasn't before now, but things have taken a turn for the better." In fact things were looking just peachy, though nervous flutterings were taking hold of the brunettes lower region.

Leaning forward Anatole whispered in the male's ear. "Like anything you want, all you need to do is ask." Lacing his voice with a certain tinge of magic, the half dressed male could only hope this young man had a penchant for the same sex. Otherwise, it wouldn't work. A tiny foot hold was all he needed, and the boy was his to do with as he wanted for the night.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 AM

[[I'm not sure whether to celebrate that or dread it XD I'll reserve judgement for now.]]

Lucius couldn't help the smile that danced across his lips as he leaned a little closer to the girl. Easy peasy. He could read her emotions like a book- it helped that she was so interested in him, practically trying to project herself to him. "Well, that is good," he said in a deep, throaty purr. "I have to say, I'm feeling the same way." With that, he gave her a wink and flashed her a toothy, heart melting smile. Then he leaned in closer, his lips to her ear.

"What do you say I give you a tour of the grounds...? Just you and me."

[[Oh Lucius. You sexual predator you.]]
----------------

Greg hesitated, doubt and wariness giving away to curiousity. "Alright," he said slowly. "I guess..." Greg wasn't gay- or at least he wasn't, the last time he checked- but he felt a sort of.... magnetism to this man. He chalked it up to charisma as he got up, shaking dark red hair out of his eyes.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 11-29-2011, 04:36 PM

His voice sent shivers down her spine, very delightful ones. Turning to the man with a smile, the young woman placed a hand upon his arm. There was just one thing bothering her about this. "Before we leave.. My name is Rose, and you are?" Names were so important. At least if anything happened it wouldn't be like he was a nameless stranger... Just a stranger. The thought brought a smile to the grey eyed young woman.
---------
Smiling to himself, Anatole extended a hand to help the young man up. What a delightful meal he would make with that uncertainty and tasty curiosity. "In that case, please follow me. I have so many things to show you."

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 AM

Lucius chuckled, a deep, velvety sound. "Lucius. A pleasure to meet you, Rose," he said, taking her hand in his and kissing the top of it, like a proper gentleman would. He promptly let go, giving her a smile. "Shall we begin our tour, then," he asked, rising to his feet. He offered his arm to her, a spark lighting in his silvery eyes. Yes, it was just so easy to get a little mortal girl nowadays...

----------------------

Greg gave the man's hand an almost despairing look, then hesitantly took it, using it to pull himself up. He immediately let go as soon as he was on his feet, shoving his hands into his pockets. "So, uh... where to," he asked awkwardly. He wasn't trying to be hostile or anything; he was just like that naturally. It probably didn't help that he was getting the strangest feeling in his gut right then...

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-02-2011, 01:02 AM

Standing with the man, Rose smiled graciously as she put her hand upon his arm. To think, someone like him wanted to spend time with her! It was such a dream come true, if only he wanted more then just one thing. The one thing every mother tells her girls that men want.... "Lead the way, I've always wanted to see what a circus looks like trough the eyes of a performer." And it was truth, what she spoke.

---------------------------

Chuckling at the young man's behavior, Anatole turned his eyes to his fellow performer and winked maliciously. They were both going to feed well that night, in their respective ways. "Follow me and I'll show you," said the tall man as he began walking away from the crowded seats.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 03:31 AM

Lucius could taste the eagerness in her voice on his tongue. Not just for.... well, that, but her words were honest. A pity she was not gifted in some way, or he would highly consider keeping her for a while as a pet. But no, she had shown nothing extraordinary about her yet. Just a lovely face that had come to the wrong place.

"Let us go then," he purred, leading her out into the cool night. He kept his arm linked with hers as they wove through the tents. "Do you like animals? I sometimes help with them," he told her idly. "We keep a lovely tiger around here somewhere." He wanted her to see the circus, if that was the only thing he could give her before he took her life. She reminded him achingly of how he had been, once- young, naive, and hungry. Hungry for something more, for adventure, willing to break the rules and with a rather shotty moral compass. He was willing to indulge her because he saw so much of himself in that pretty young face.

---------------------

"I'm Greg, by the way," he offered, still uncomfortable. Uncomfortable enough to need to talk, anyways, which was rare for him. "I have a sister running around her somewhere, so if she calls I'll have to go get her." Part of him hoped Courtney wouldn't need him for a while- his curiousity was getting the better of him.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 AM

His voice sent shivers down her spine. As she followed him, Rose moved closer to the man. She had no idea what he was planning, or what price she might pay for his company but she was glad. "Please show me, I would love that. " There was excitement in her voice as the young woman contemplated seeing the exotic animal. She'd never done something like this before, acted so reckless ... But Rose had always wanted to.

"Anatole," stated the half dressed man with a smile. He wondered, really wondered, what was going on in Greg's mind. Did he have any suspicious thoughts? Or perhaps something else was driving him. Shrugging, he reached back to tug him along till they were outside. Up above the night sky made Anatole smile, it was eternal. He'd given up normal life just to be able to watch those stars and humanity change trough time.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 03:56 AM

Lucius couldn't resist a smile at her eagerness. "Come with me, then," he said, leading her towards where the animals were kept. "So tell me about yourself, Rose," he began, making small talk with her. "That is, if you don't mind. I won't press you to tell me anything if you are not comfortable with it." He had been immensely curious about mortals as of late- maybe because times had changed so much since he was mortal himself.

-------------

"Anatole," Greg repeated, trying the name on his tongue. "I've never heard that before."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 AM

(Ugh, there's only one thing I can think of having Anatole do.. So annoying!)

Biting her lower lip, the young woman looked up at the man a little uncertainly. Did he truly want to know? "I'm an only child, my parents are always gone on trips over seas and..." Looking up at Lucius, she couldn't help the bright smile that crossed her face. "This is something I've never done before, being so reckless. So please be gentle with me Lucius." That might have sounded a little too over the top, but Rose felt better now that he knew.

-------------------------

Smiling to himself, Anatole pulled Greg close. A name, good at least he would be able to remember the young man that way. "This is that last time you'll ever hear anything," murmured Anatole as he placed his lips on those of the other man and forced his mouth open. No one could see them and he was starving. Anatole survived on energy, on the life force of others and Greg had so much vitality! It would last Anatole for months.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 12-04-2011 at 04:25 AM..

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 04:57 AM

[[Well, I kind of didn't give you much to work off of.... I'm sorry :sweat: ]]

Lucius blinked, a little more then startled. The smile on her face was beautiful and bright, but her words were almost funny. "I can assure you, I'm a gentleman," he said with a rueful chuckle. "You will come to no harm with me." He hated lying like that, but it was something he'd had to stomach over the last thousand years, so it didn't affect him too gravely. "Why haven't you done anything you consider 'reckless' before?"

-----------------------

Greg gasped in surprise, his hands instantly coming up to try and push at Anatole. HOLY CRAP, he's kissing me, was his first thought. Something was off though, something wrong.... he felt himself growing weaker, as if the energy was being drained from his body. He tried to turn his head away, but he was so weak now, so tired.....

Black lapped around the edges of his vision as he began to loose conciousness, despite his struggles, despite his body screaming for him to stay awake

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 AM

Wearing a thoughtful look the young woman tilted her head to the side as they continued walking. "I've always followed the rules, doing what I'm told. There was no thought in my mind that it was right to do what I was told, and not do what was wrongly viewed. It gets stifling though. " It was cold! Pressing herself closer to the man, she shivered. Summer nights didn't seem so cold when you were with someone else though.

-----------------------

Making a small sound of satisfaction, the man pulled away and licked his lips. What a delicious taste... He didn't want to lose it so soon. It was time to make a pet of this one. Lifting up Greg, he moved towards his tent. Luckily Anatole had been headed that way. With a small smile of satisfaction he placed Greg upon his palette and tucked him snugly upon it. The adrk haired man was going to sit there until he awoke.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 05:29 AM

"I could understand that," Lucius mused. He noticed as she pressed himself closer, and a quick look (And not even into her head) told him she was cold. "Wait," he said, pulling them to a stop. He gently freed his arm, then slid his blazer off, putting the dark blue coat over her shoulders. He offered her another smile before he looped his arm back through hers and continued on the way. They were almost to the tiger now, and his hunger was becoming more pronounced- as much as it pained him, he'd have to feed sometime very soon.

He could show her the tiger first.

--------------------

Greg felt the cold weight of his body even in his unconcious state, reality blending into nothing as he drifted through the black confines of unconsciousness. It was a while before he opened his eyes, and even then he didn't have much energy to do anything but that- lay there, his eyes opened half-way. He didn't know where he was- he couldn't remember yet- but there was someone in the room with him. He didn't need to look to know that much was for certain.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-04-2011, 05:40 AM

It surprised and delighted her when Lucius stopped to place the coat around her shoulders. Smiling the young woman also blushed as he paced his arm in hers again. "You really are a gentleman. Thank you." It was such a beautiful night, and for once Rose had someone to look at it with. "You know, I never thought I'd get to look at the night sky like this with someone Lucius. " Even if he was a near stranger, it meant to her more then she cared to admit.

-----------------------

Smoothing back hair from his face, the dark haired man smirked. He wondered what the other man would do when he found out what had happened. Panic probably, Anatole hoped he calmed down soon enough. He didn't like it when his food squirmed and screamed, not unless he made it do so. Hmm, oh the fun he was going to have playing! It had been years since the last time.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-04-2011, 06:02 AM

Lucius looked down at her, startled, then tilted his head up to look at the sky. "It's a lovely night," he murmured, trying not to be distracted by the look on her young face, or the blush that stained her cheeks. It would unravel him if he dwelled on it- he had always been the weaker of the crew here, being one of the youngest. "We've arrived," he said, his words almost hesitant. For some reason, he had hoped that the walk to the tent where Rajah, the tiger, was kept would take longer. It hadn't.

He was almost disappointed by that.

"Come on in," he said, his voice dropping to a whisper as he pulled open the tent flap. The tiger could be seen inside her cage, candles twinkling around the cage, the metal bars reflecting the light back at them.

-------------

Greg would have flinched as his hair was touched, if he had the energy. As it was, all he could do was stare. It was the flamre-breather, what was his name... Anatole? Yes, that was it.

"What... what did you do," he managed, his voice a breathy whisper.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 AM

Following him inside the tent, Rose couldn't hep but stare with wonder at the caged tigress. She was a lovely and powerful sight, moving back and forth in the candlelight. Her eyes were wide open, and she clutched at Lucius's sleeve tightly. Looking up at him, she grinned gratefully. "This is amazing! Though I feel kind of bad to see her caged like this..." Lifting her head the grey eyed woman smiled at Lucius joyously.

----------------

Laughing a little, he smiled down at the man. It would take a few hours for him to recover, in the mean time... "I'm an immortal who survives on energy. I took yours, it was so delicious...." Licking his lips, Anatole looked down at Greg with a twinkle in his eyes. "You're mine now Greg," said the dark haired man with relish. Just Greg's reactions had made this all worth it.

Clairefirestar9mm

Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 AM

Lucius smiled back, albeit a bit weakly. "Sometimes I feel bad for her, too," he said quietly. "She never wanted this kind of life. But she could never be let free, for this is all that she knows now." He inhaled shakily, then turned to face her, a lovely, almost sad smile gracing his features. "I'm glad you are enjoying yourself," he murmured, reaching up to touch her cheek. "Your smile warms me."

---------

Greg stared at Anatole in horror, shrinking away from him. "No," he managed. "Let me go...!" My sister is out there somewhere, he thought, but fear prevented him from speaking. Courtney, she had to get out of here, she had to run before they caught her too....

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 12-05-2011, 05:56 AM

He looked so sad as he spoke of the tiger. It made Rose want to hug the man and wipe his sadness away. As he placed a hand upon her cheek, the blonde leaned into it automatically with a smile for his words. This was such an unusual night, but it was amazing. "I'm glad I decided to be reckless today," murmured the young woman as she looked up at Lucius.

-----------------

The fear coming from Greg made Anatole's smile widen. Probably he was worrying about his little sister. For a few moments the dark haired man debated about telling him what would happen to her, or rather what would not happen. The Circus had rules. "She won't be taken. Only one person per family, those are our rules." Better to make sure he didn't panic too much or Greg's energy wouldn't recover quickly enough.