N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM

Quick question. Do I have to start out with a list of books? Or can I just add the books I've read as I go? Also, if you count it by the year, does my one book I have just finished reading count?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 AM

In can design your list in whatever way you like. I personally only list books after I've finished them, but other people here have a "To Read" list as well. Both ways work.

And you can count your "one year" however you want, as well. If you want your year to be 2013, that's fine. You can also do it January 22 - Jan 22nd. This is more of a personal challenge, so little details like that aren't too important.

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 AM

Oh, ok! I'll try to do it sometime this week then! Make it all perrty and nice. Do I ping you once my list is made, or do I wait until my list is completely done?

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM

I'm doing my one 2013 :') I'm on my 4th book now. I'm keeping my list in my blog C:

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-23-2013, 11:10 PM

I want to make mine all pretty and bbcoded. But since I'm currently only able to access mene by phone, it shall have to wait until I either go visit my local public library or finish paying my internet bill. I'm currently $120 in... more to go!

Ill keep a list of my books until then. I've got to get a move on with my second, its taking me waaay to long.

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 PM

Oh yikes that must be some bill! My one is just a list haha. I'm too lazy to spiffy it up xD

I'm don't have a clue what to read after I'm done this one tbh

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 PM

I've got my list going over on goodreads.com - although I'm still reading - I've read one, but it's not a published book (still counting it as it was 216 pages *chuckles*, but I can't put it on there because it's not out there for other people to read yet. :P

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 PM

Yup. Internet is expensive in the AZ! I think its because of how spread out we are, instead of the upwards build of cities like New York and Chicago. Plus, its a bundle. Internet and cable, three months worth. Ughhhhh....

I've always liked to spiffy things. But its so hard and takes forever on a phone! :cries:

I'm going to check out that goodreads stuff... never heard of it.

I think I'm going to count books o the bible as one book every three bible books. There really something when you try to read AND understand them. Kinda like reading shakespear.

Last edited by N • B ! L ! T Y ♥; 01-24-2013 at 12:02 AM..

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 01-24-2013, 12:01 AM

Aw that's crazy!

I used to spiffy my posts and change the size/font/colour but then the realisation hit me that I'm a highly lazy person and the copy and pasting was just too much effort haha.

I don't really like to read online, but I might give it a little look. I have a few books I still need to read. I really want to try and read 1984 but I'm struggling to get into it

I've never really read the bible, I did the stories in school and that was enough for me. I also never really got into Shakespeare but I know the just of most of his plays (the only one I actually read through was Julius Caesar)

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 AM

The only plays I've ever read are Romeo and Juliet, one about the Salem Witch trials... and odyssey. And before you say its not a play, it sure read like one!

I use to decorate my posts with pic of animals on gaia. XD Easy money, and was cute! But they included code as a way to earn money.

I like to borrow my books from my library's online database. I don't have to worry about late fees!! I know how u feel about books like that. I tried to read "One flew over the Cuckoos nest". Five pages in, I traded it for "To Kill a Mockingbird". Best. Decision. Ever!!!

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM

So I just realized that I currently have like 10 books started - most on my nook but a actual books (not e-books) started... I need to stop starting new books, and then trying to read them all at the same time. >.<

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM

:Laughs: That's one of my problems too! I have three books on my phone (all borrowed) but haven't finished any of them! I'm hoping to finish at least one before it expires.

I use to be sooo good at reading. I was such a bookworm people thought I was surgically attached to them! But what is it about growing up and not reading? I've heard it happens to allot of people, not just me. Its part of why I decided to challenge myself. I loved being called a bookworm!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-24-2013, 01:20 AM

lol, nemo, sweetie 10 books isn't that many.....

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM

How amny have you read at the same time, hunny?

nemo.love_22
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 AM

hummy: It is possibly more - I just can't think of more than the 10. I have this bad habit of picking up a book, and reading some of it, and putting it down and then starting a new book, and doing the same till I have a ton of them only half read. xDD heh.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 AM

You guys are killing me, 1984 and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are two of my favorite books.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM

I enjoyed Nineteen Eighty-Four but I haven't read One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

Went to check the date this book of James Bond novels is due back and noticed it doesn't actually belong to the branch of the library I borrowed it from. :|

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 AM

It's been a while since I read Cuckoo's Nest, but I enjoyed it a lot at the time. As I recall, it doesn't do that annoying "omg ~crazy people~" thing that so many books/movies/whatever set in mental institutions do. If I'm remembering correctly (and I think I am, but I was a lot younger when I read it, so there may have been things I missed at the time), it treats all the patients pretty fairly. It's the hospital staff that's demonized.

Oh dear... I wonder how that happened. @_@ Call them and ask about it, maybe?

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 AM

Aw I really fancy reading One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest! :)

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥
*^_^*

Old 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM

N • B ! L ! T Y ♥ ' S BOOK CHALLENGE LIST - 2013

BOOKS READ

1.- Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
2.- Beyond the Highlander Mist by Karen Marie Moning
3.- Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning (in progress)
4.- America Again: Re-Becoming the Greatness we Never Weren't by Stephen Colbert (in progress)

----
Knerd:
Shall be updated as I progress.

RoadToGallifrey
Penpal

Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 AM

I like your list C:

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 AM

Added you to the front page.

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM

Flink has decided to set herself the 50 Book Challenge this year. So far she has read:
  1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
  3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  4. Redoubt - Heralds of Valdemar
  5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  6. Maiden Flight
  7. Border Lair
  8. Ice Dragon
  9. Prince of Spies
  10. Firedrake
  11. Dragon Storm
  12. The Ice Dragon
  13. Wings of Change
  14. The Hobbit

Reading:
  1. TBD

Planning to read/reread
  1. She's Come Undone

Last edited by Flink; 03-09-2013 at 09:57 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 AM

I need to do mine too.

Cherry's 25 Book Challenge 2013

Currently Reading:
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Awakening - Kate Chopin

Read:
1. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
2. Death Note Vol. 1: Boredom - Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata
3. Death Note Vol. 2: Confluence - Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata
4. Death Note Vol. 3: Hard Run - Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata
5. John Dies at the End - David Wong
6. Death Note Vol. 4: Love - Tsugumi Ohba & Takeshi Obata
7. Making Money - Terry Pratchett
8. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns - Frank Miller, Klaus Johnson, & Lynn Varley
9. Slaughterhouse-Five - Kurt Vonnegut
10. Batman: The Long Halloween - Jeph Loeb
11. Leaves of Grass (1855) - Walt Whitman
12. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - Tennessee Williams
13. The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde

To Read:
• Full list here

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 09-10-2013 at 11:00 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 AM

I just edited my old list. Only good KMs get shiny new lists.

Odds library will care about wandering book are minimal. Certain members of staff seem offended about carrying out basic duties so I daren't risk the scorn of getting them to do additional work.