Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 AM

I have a Craft Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations:Paper Flowers! 3 5-petaled kusudama flowers, 1 3-petaled kusudama, 2 bellflowers and 3 leaves. I added the blue stones as if they were water in the bowl and the flowers were floating in them.

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM

*arranges the new samples*

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-22-2013, 03:11 PM

wow a lot of talented people on here!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 03:20 PM

...I do hope weird entries are accepted too, I think my brain borked from too many reboots and came up with something completely weird for the contest. o_O;;;

---------- Post added 04-23-2013 at 12:16 AM ----------

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: It appears to be some type of parasitic plant, where upon the capture and consumption of a creature, it will take on its form to lure in more potential foods. The body is covered in a thick coat of sticky substance that will render its prey immobile, where it will then use the same substance to digest the unfortunate creature. The eye that protrudes from the body at the very top is constantly scanning the area for more food, and it will even waggle its bait-body's faux-limbs in order to gain potential food sources' attention. The specimen shown here is one that has taken on the form of an unfortunate chicken.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: The cabbage patch Yan is further evidence that our admins are upto some evil genetic modification program. They have been trying to formulate the perfect user ever since the early days of Mene. Well your secret is out. I'm posting this at great risk to my account and personal well being.

I have a Craft Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: Even more proof of conspiracy! (Is totally not tacky rolled in a ball with pen painted eyes, Q-tip hands, Romain lettuce and fish gravel in an old pop bottle.) Yup a real live specimen here. Man does it have a creepy laugh.

Last edited by Nephila; 04-22-2013 at 08:32 PM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM

I hope I have time this evening to get my entries made for this.

I love the cabbage patch Yan Nephila.
If Menewsha sold actual cabbage patch Yan's I would totally buy one, lol.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 04-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Ant, your entry... I'm somewhere between laughing and screaming and for whatever reason it makes it even more amazing. xD
Additionally... you have mad chicken drawing abilities. o_o

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM

Yan does look like a root vegetable, come to think of it.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
Yan does look like a root vegetable, come to think of it.
He does! How adorable.
Normally I can't stand the character... but he's growing on me in plant form. O_o;;

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM

I don't know why Antagonist, but your entry makes me remember this quote that my one friend in college used.
Quote:
The one eyed chicken stalks at midnight.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 11:10 PM

lol that sounds wrong bbr. XD

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM

I have a Craft Entry!
My Specimen:
In the jar, prof 1, close up in jar, out of jar, proof 2.
Description & Observations: This is a special breed of lotus that only grows in the waters of Duval. When young, this flower is like any other lotus. When it gets to a certain age though, it parts from the water and floats in the air. I made the model out of sculpy and painted it. I did not make the jar, but I did decorate the lid. The lid is a light blue with white polka-dots.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
lol that sounds wrong bbr. XD
I know, but yet we found it humorous.
This one time we decided to play a trick on another friend of ours and drew a picture of a one eyed chicken then at midnight we sneaked over to her dorm room at midnight and slid it under the door then we hurried up and ran back to our room.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
Ant, your entry... I'm somewhere between laughing and screaming and for whatever reason it makes it even more amazing. xD
Additionally... you have mad chicken drawing abilities. o_o
lol! Thanks
I'm quite fond of chickens...but that's actually one of my most successful chicken drawings to date, and it's a plant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
I don't know why Antagonist, but your entry makes me remember this quote that my one friend in college used.
! Is there a story behind the one-eyed chicken?

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
lol! Thanks
I'm quite fond of chickens...but that's actually one of my most successful chicken drawings to date, and it's a plant.
! Is there a story behind the one-eyed chicken?
Yes, but sadly I don't know it because it was something my friend had come up with while in high school and we didn't meet until college.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 AM

Aww, I'd like to know how that came around.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 AM

She may have told me the story, but I have forgotten because it's been about 9 years since she told me, assuming that she did.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 AM

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: Lamp Flowers bloom during the night or in the darkness of caves using a bio-luminescence to attract moths and other insects to aid in pollination. This one was grown in a flimsy (and poorly drawn) terrarium forgotten in my basement. It wasn't until I had to do my bi-monthly laundry run that I noticed the faint glow emanating from below my stairs, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the plant had not only grown, but bloomed... I suspect the work of gnomes...

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 04-23-2013, 05:34 AM

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations:
No one is around to claim this image of a thorny flower and a blond man that looks suspiciously like Nalin. There is a note carefully placed beside the catalog entry. Both are tucked beneath the edge of the terrarium they represent.

"To the shy boy who's smiles are brighter than sunshine,

I came here to see you and your love for all things green and growing. I know they take up most of the space in your heart, but something about you fills mine. Here is your catalog drawing. Done because you asked me to, unknowing of my selfish intent to be near you.

I must admit, I was more interested in drawing you then the specimen. I hope you don't mind.

Sincerely,
Your Secret Admirer"

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 AM

Apologies for the extensive notes, Nalin, these plants were just too fascinating!

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: My first specimen is Ochu Resurgere, better known as "Fire Ochu" or "Resurrecting Ochu". Both common names are derived from the broad-leaved jungle plant's tendency to be one of the first seen growing in the wake of fire damage, as well as from the stalks that bear the brilliant red and yellow flowers, which grow out from under the dead leaves. I have found the specimen prefers high temperatures, near constant strong light and thrives in acidic soil.

As an added note, I have also discovered that the large, varied Ochu genus is named after a mythical plant-monster that was said to stalk the jungle roads many years ago. Only the bravest of warriors dared attack it, for it was said to be able to paralyze and poison even the most powerful of creatures. Incidentally, Ochu Resurgere seems to mimic the fiend's form the most out of all the plants in the genus, and I must admit that night I have heard strange noises from the terrarium... I am sure my mind is just playing tricks on me.

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: Here I have two specimens that have quite the tale among the locals of the jungle plateau they are found around. Ochu Spectabilis, the pale violet and pink flowering vine better known as "Showy Ochu" or "Dancing Ochu" is a delicate and sweetly scented Ochu that loses it's petals at the day's end, and some groves they perch above are literally showered with the pale petals after sundown. The dark blue flowers along side Ochu Spectabilis is Ochu Lamia or "Vampire Ochu" which is a bit of a misnomer as the plant is not parasitic as first presumed. Ochu Lamia is, however, a night-blooming vine with a strong, musky scent that fills the jungle as Spectabilis' petals fall, which is, as you can imagine, quite the event.

Locals say the two plants are in fact the spirits of two lovers who ran off into the jungle every evening to meet in secret. A mage, who was the former lover of one of them, happened upon them one night and in a rage, cast a curse, turning the two into plants. They were doomed to forever grow side by side, but never see one another, as when one bloomed, the other fell. However, their love was strong enough that once a year, in the highest heat of the summer, the two could meet, in full bloom, at sundown and again at the following dawn. Strangely enough, science seems to promote this, as neither plant is found alone in the wild and all attempts to grow them separately have failed, yet it has been proven that the plants do not rely on each other at all.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 04:45 PM

I have a Craft Entry!
My Specimen: Alloy Roses and Spiralia

Description & Observations:

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM

You people are all so awesome at crafting. o _____o;;;

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 05:05 PM

I have an Art Entry!
My Specimen:

Description & Observations: here I managed to capture some alluring flora. Yellow Deathbell, Weeping Blues, Climbing Isis, and Bromelaid; Plants found around Duval. The vase seems to glow with a mixture of strange vibes. Gloomy and happy all in one bundle, it's really the perfect mix. Not too bright, but not depressing either.

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM

I have a Craft Entry!
My Specimen:

with name
Description & Observations: I present to you beaded flowers, because there really isn't much blooming around here quite yet. The anemone, the five-petaled flower in front, was the first one I made. Then came the two baby's breath, and finally a crystalline chrysanthemum. The process to create these undying flora is tedious, with every petal being threaded and wound by hand, then the individual pieces being attached to a stem. The craft itself hails from the Victorian Age, possibly before. And this is why it's such a late entry...

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 PM

My goodness! So many beautiful entries! :o