hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM

what do you think will help mene become more active?
are you trying to help post more, bring in more members?
do you find the things that are being done by the staff helpful?
have you made your new thread or posted in the tea house threadie in nations?
what are your suggestions that may help mene grow and prosper?

Last edited by hummy; 04-30-2013 at 04:17 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:17 PM

Cherry's idea is definitely a good way to start, although I fear spam will come with it. But, that's what mods are for, and I doubt it'll really be a problem

If more people joined, that'd be even better. More people doesn't always mean active people, though, and I think that's a big problem.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM

i think Cherry's challenge is a great start, too
it will help people have more places to chat
i agree about the spam, though.
what is your threadie, PWEEP?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM

I made the Foreign Languages thread in the GD, so far. I may make more, but right now, I have to write some roleplay responses so I need to step away from Mene for a bit. Hopefully I won't miss too much xD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM

I am out of creative juice to create thread.
But I am posting in threads that attract my interest, not necesasry from the challenge.

I am glad to see that kind of challenge kicking off.
As for suggestion, I have blabber a lot in different threads already...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
I made the Foreign Languages thread in the GD, so far. I may make more, but right now, I have to write some roleplay responses so I need to step away from Mene for a bit. Hopefully I won't miss too much xD

that's a good topic
i am going to try and post in all of the new threadies

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 PM

I think the new challenge Cherry made will help improve posting around the site and keep activity up for as long as it is active. I really like the idea, though I think the community may begin to slow down again when there is not any extra incentive to post. It is sad, but that seems to happen. I like to get on and post when I can, but real life can be really demanding.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:05 PM

For me... it is not the prize.
I just want more threads to post in.

You are right in that way... many people are 'motivated' by prize. x.x

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
I am out of creative juice to create thread.
But I am posting in threads that attract my interest, not necesasry from the challenge.

I am glad to see that kind of challenge kicking off.
As for suggestion, I have blabber a lot in different threads already...

i am hoping that the topic of this threadie brings out some more creative juices.
chatting in a lot of threadies is a good thing, rettie.
i feel like i created a monster in you.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM

People complain about how hard it is to make gold, yet, I've made three hundred something already just by posting, and it's only been two hours. That should be incentive enough, really.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
I think the new challenge Cherry made will help improve posting around the site and keep activity up for as long as it is active. I really like the idea, though I think the community may begin to slow down again when there is not any extra incentive to post. It is sad, but that seems to happen. I like to get on and post when I can, but real life can be really demanding.

prizes do motivate people to post, dragon, but it's a good way to get mene active.
real life is the most important and mene should be a fun way to 'escape' it.
i think you do a good job being active, dragon, sweetie.
ebbs and flows of life are important.
i hope things are going well for you.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM

... Hummymy... well... the monster in my already is there... O__O
I FORUM KILL the Quest forum years ago! waaaaay before I know you. XD

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:36 PM

i've encouraged others to post more or tried to start a conversation on a new, interesting topic. it is quite fun when there is lots of activity but sometimes there aren't just a lot of people logged on at one time.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM

Mene needs more active users, rather than the hit it and quit it we see a lot. Hopefully Cherry's contest will do just that, bring out some of the users who lurk in the shadows. Even if they do it for the prize, maybe they'll make some friends, and decide to stick around more.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
For me... it is not the prize.
I just want more threads to post in.

You are right in that way... many people are 'motivated' by prize. x.x

more active threads is a good thing, rettie.
have you moved up in poster status?
you have been posting a lot!
go rettie, go!

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Mene needs more active users, rather than the hit it and quit it we see a lot. Hopefully Cherry's contest will do just that, bring out some of the users who lurk in the shadows. Even if they do it for the prize, maybe they'll make some friends, and decide to stick around more.
i agree with you completely. there needs to be some kind of consistency that way Mene will look more enticing to join.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
People complain about how hard it is to make gold, yet, I've made three hundred something already just by posting, and it's only been two hours. That should be incentive enough, really.

i can't post walls of text, but chatting does earn you enough gold, IMHO
plus if you play games on both your main and your mulie it totally adds up.
i think mostly people tend to lurk and pick and choose where to post, hence the slowness.

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 PM

I usually don't play the games. They lag too much, with my shitty internet. As jelly mentioned, there needs to be more people who COULD be active, but choose not to. Just like there are people who COULD donate, but they just don't.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
... Hummymy... well... the monster in my already is there... O__O
I FORUM KILL the Quest forum years ago! waaaaay before I know you. XD

i'm just happy you are posting everywhere.....again.
rettie is too much fun to chat with!

---------- Post added 04-30-2013 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
i've encouraged others to post more or tried to start a conversation on a new, interesting topic. it is quite fun when there is lots of activity but sometimes there aren't just a lot of people logged on at one time.

it seems to be pretty active since Phoenix Jubilee.
i like trying to help new members feel welcome.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 PM

During the event, was when I last check my poster rank... x.x
I need 5k post.... so... yeah. the a lot is not that lot yet. to surpass the Annana.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

it seems to be pretty active since Phoenix Jubilee.
i like trying to help new members feel welcome.

yeah i'm happy to see that. it didn't get dead like last time. i should probably welcome the new members too.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
i agree with you completely. there needs to be some kind of consistency that way Mene will look more enticing to join.

i also think the inactivity that we experience help shyer people feel able to join.
most of the time when it's really active shyer members just lurk.
when there isn't anything to lurk they feel at ease to post.
and then they get eased into posting around,
helping others feel comfortable to post.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM

i guess it is more of a rollercoaster since we do have to cater to the timid folk. ^^

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I usually don't play the games. They lag too much, with my shitty internet. As jelly mentioned, there needs to be more people who COULD be active, but choose not to. Just like there are people who COULD donate, but they just don't.

i understand about the lag with playing games.
i kind of am used to it and just forget to play.

i don't get jelly's statement

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM

Honestly, I could be more active, but I'm not. So I kind of understand Jelly's statement. I think personally, what draws me in is change. Not big change, just any small changes. Like for instance a new hairstyle.. or new layouts or colours, banners or links. I think part of what is keeping Menewsha at a stand still is that everything seems much the same. From when I started here in 2009, until now, the banner, main links and background of the website are completely the same. It's strange for me to comment on the fact since I'm more the type of person that doesn't like change when I feel it's unnecessary. However, I think some visual things need to progress in order to keep the users 'visually intrigued'.

I'm not talking about money or costly things either, even though it could be linked. This thought is a product of how I feel about Menewsha's events. 2009, 2010 events were coded (yes, I know, money and labour, but I'm not saying everything about it is necessary) and I found myself more excited to explore the event forum and keep coming back to the website day after day for the event. Yet now, the events don't have much pull on me to get me spending longer than a few minutes to check the event and click on the 'Chance' feature. And so I think that is one factor worth thinking about.

Does anyone else think that the visuals effect your interest in coming back to the website often?

Also, I'm interested in knowing what you all feel has been changed over the last couple of years, website-appearance and new feature - wise.