hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM

♥comic book collections♥

do you have one?
is it worth a lot of money
or is it just sentimental to you?

do you keep them in covers, or boxes or just all over?
what are your favorite comic books to collect / read?

discuss anything about the collecting of comic books / graphic novels / magna.....etc.

whitexsuicide
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 AM

I think I will nest up right here~

I love what I have right now, though nothing is worth anything!

My List:
Bravest Warriors
Wonderland (The whole series Zenescope has)
Suicide Squad(new 52)

Small right? I just started and I loved Bravest Warriors, so with my boyfriend getting 5 to 6 comics every week I felt left out and since the series just started a year ago and wasn't that popular in the shop they had vol 1-6 So I picked them all up and have been getting them every month since then. This month should be volume 9~
My boyfriend 'made' me read suicide squad so i'm half way into that but have all the newer comics.
And for the Wonderland series, I'm almost done with all of their side stories~ Once done with those I'm going to be reading their main comic they have out, which I do have all of, just have yet to read them!

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 AM

I have several comic boxes filled with comic from different time periods still at my parents house.
I used to collect comics, but I haven't done that in a long time. I guess I stopped collecting comic books when I discovered manga.

Most of my comics have the female superheroes in them.
Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Wonder Woman & Red Sonja were my favorites.
I also collected a few of spin off titles from the X-Men line including: Excalibur & the New Mutants.

I have no idea what any of them are worth anymore. I keep some of them in bags with the comic boards, but others that don't get treated that well. Most of those are ones I got at yard sales or flea markets & many don't have covers or have been torn or shows lots of signs of damage. It was the only way I could ever get some of the really old comics that I wanted to read.
I think most of my Starfire comics are in bad shape, got them all used. They came out years before I ever started to think about comic books. The Starfire I am talking about is the swordswoman not the Teen Titian. It was a very short series that was never finished.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 AM

Small is good
I giggled at you boyfriend MADE you

Thanks for stopping by

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 AM

I've only just recently started reading comics, so I don't have much yet! I have:
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (very old copy)
  • Batman: The Long Halloween
  • Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake issues #3 and #4
  • Banshee Origins freebie
And a Death Note manga, but that's a bit different, of course. A pretty pathetic selection so far, but this is only after a month or so of getting into comics. I hope to get a job this summer, then I can get a lot more!

As for worth... nah, nothing I own is really worth much! I know there's a certain culture amongst comic book fans that everything should be kept mint and pristine, but I'm not really into that. I view them the same way I view books - good condition is preferable and I'll take good care of them, but it's the story inside that ultimately matters. My Dark Knight Returns copy is pretty beat up (from a previous owner, not me). I'd like it if it was in better condition, but a worn cover hardly affected my enjoyment of the story!

My Adventure Time comics came in covers when I bought them, and I still have those in them. I'll probably continue that trend for any others I buy - store them in them if they come in them. But I don't think I'm going to actually buy any special covers. Don't see the point. I mean, unless I happen upon some super valuable comic that is really worth being preserved.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 AM

i got 'gifted' collections when friends PCS'd
there are a few i haven't even gone through yet.
some of the ones i did go through had;
♥mickey mouse
♥transformers
♥richie rich
♥ducktales
♥GI Joe

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-10-2013, 12:44 AM

You know, I've heard the Ducktales comics were really great. What did you think of them?

whitexsuicide
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2013, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Small is good
I giggled at you boyfriend MADE you

Thanks for stopping by
He also made my read Hush. A batman arc. I like it, though I don't think I would buy my own copy... It's a trade paperback that you can pick up for 35 dollars! So it's a bit expensive, for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
I've only just recently started reading comics, so I don't have much yet! I have:
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (very old copy)
  • Batman: The Long Halloween
  • Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake issues #3 and #4
  • Banshee Origins freebie
And a Death Note manga, but that's a bit different, of course. A pretty pathetic selection so far, but this is only after a month or so of getting into comics. I hope to get a job this summer, then I can get a lot more!

As for worth... nah, nothing I own is really worth much! I know there's a certain culture amongst comic book fans that everything should be kept mint and pristine, but I'm not really into that. I view them the same way I view books - good condition is preferable and I'll take good care of them, but it's the story inside that ultimately matters. My Dark Knight Returns copy is pretty beat up (from a previous owner, not me). I'd like it if it was in better condition, but a worn cover hardly affected my enjoyment of the story!

My Adventure Time comics came in covers when I bought them, and I still have those in them. I'll probably continue that trend for any others I buy - store them in them if they come in them. But I don't think I'm going to actually buy any special covers. Don't see the point. I mean, unless I happen upon some super valuable comic that is really worth being preserved.
well the bag and board costs me like 25 cents~ And I find it to be worth it! Though I did recently pick up a box for $5... It's soo I can bring them to college with me and not have to worry about them getting ruined..

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

Old 05-11-2013, 05:01 AM

I don't have any comic books.
Though I do have a tiny collection of about 20 manga. (Mine and my husband's combined).

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 AM

I've got a few comic boxes in my closet; I have some X-Men stuff, Gen13, a lot of manga from when you could still get them American-style(flipped, in the same format as regular comic books). I think I have nearly the entire run of Super Manga Blast!. I'm not sure what else I have, though -- but I think I have three boxes.

That, of course, does not include the manga I have sitting on my computer desk.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-14-2013, 04:39 PM

I had some Sherman comics i gave to a friends sun

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 05-14-2013, 04:47 PM

I have:
Willow Wonderland #5
Adventure Time #3
Marvel's Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz #1 and #3
Avengers Assemble #1

and a few others I can't seem to remember.

whitexsuicide
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-15-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockReject View Post
I have:
Willow Wonderland #5
Adventure Time #3
Marvel's Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz #1 and #3
Avengers Assemble #1

and a few others I can't seem to remember.
What is Willow Wonderland? OwO (I'm a big wonderland fan)

Also how is the Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM

Lannie would probably like to know, too
Wonderlands:

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 05-21-2013, 03:43 AM

Oh that's interesting, I haven't heard of anything like that before. So it's a Buffy the Vampire Slayer thing?

I only have a few comics and they are just The Umbrella Academy series 1 and I think the first two of series two. I really need to go find and get the others. I want to know what happens.

Other than that.. the only other comic sort of thing that I have are Archie Comics. I want to buy some more of them too, preferably the older ones. I don't really like 2000's Archie's Comics.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitexsuicide View Post
What is Willow Wonderland? OwO (I'm a big wonderland fan)

Also how is the Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz?
whitexsuicide: it's a spin-off the
Buffy the Vampire Slayer continuation comics~

and I have yet to get to that comic yet,
it's part of a whole Oz series, and
I've only read the first part of it.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 05-28-2013, 11:56 PM

I have my two boxes of comics. One is my old x-men comics and other old things I picked up from yard sales, and dollar bins at the comic shop. Then I have my "current" box, which has some of the more resent series I'm into or have finished.

... Apparently my bagged and boarded 1st print of issue 1 of Saga is worth over $50... maybe I should get it graded and better protected.
I love Saga though, I don't think I would sell it unless I really needed the money.

I like different things. I like mainstream comics but I won't buy them. I wish I had picked up Chew when I first saw it but eh. Now I'll read it as it comes out in books... at the comic store.

Saga, TMNT, and Skullkickers are at the top of my list. of the new 52, I only read Justice League Dark.

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 06-01-2013, 04:16 AM

afjdghakjdfgh I love Saga, I want to own all of Saga.
Saga is the best comic I've ever read.