CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-16-2014, 03:16 AM

PiM!: Awww, you do sound sick! :( But yay for being able to talk and starting to get better - I do hope that you keep improving!! ^_^

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudDreamer View Post
Everyone does have an accent that is unique to them.
And if your like me, you pick up on peoples accent you're around a lot and start talking like them.... LOL.

Awww! Poor Pim. Not only do you sound sick, you sound like you're in pain... Please go see the doctor to get some meds.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-16-2014, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacklene View Post
And if your like me, you pick up on peoples accent you're around a lot and start talking like them.... LOL.
Oh, I pick up on accents so so so so so so easily!! I don't even have to be there in person, I pick up on accents from YouTube videos. xD

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 AM

I pick up accents so easily.
I feel terrible, because I feel I might insult the person.
D:

Thank you all for the get well wishes~

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-16-2014, 03:28 AM

I try to stop myself from talking in accents when I'm around other people - it depends on if I feel that I can manage it without them being insulted or not.

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Oh, I pick up on accents so so so so so so easily!! I don't even have to be there in person, I pick up on accents from YouTube videos. xD
I went through a phase where I would watch nothing but British movies/TV shows etc that swear I picked up a British accent... It was probably more like Southern(USA)/British accent mix though. haha.... Same with Aussie.... I fell in love with H20, Dance Academy, Elephant Princess, and what was that TV show... Lighting Point maybe? and I kinda picked up that accent too.

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-16-2014, 03:33 AM

Quote:
I went through a phase where I would watch nothing but British movies/TV shows etc that swear I picked up a British accent... It was probably more like Southern(USA)/British accent mix though. haha.... Same with Aussie.... I fell in love with H20, Dance Academy, Elephant Princess, and what was that TV show... Lighting Point maybe? and I kinda picked up that accent too.
That happened to me in high school - I did a Monty Python Skit (complete with accent) and I was in a British accent for like a month and a half straight, even when I wasn't working on the skit. I have a sister (really just a very good best friend) who lives in Australia, and I picked up on her accent when I went down there to stay for three weeks. I came home, and even though it's been years - I still can't say specific words without saying them with a bit of an Aussie accent. And it comes back in full force whenever I talk to her on the phone - I don't do that often as it costs a lot to call her, but we do it once, sometimes twice a year.

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 04:07 AM

Yeah... That sounds just like me... LOL. I think my family gets a little annoyed when I've been gone or around someone and I start talking different.

jellysundae:

Here you go... Man who dates his car and has "relations"

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-16-2014, 04:09 AM

My family is used to it. I have a few friends who I think get a bit annoyed with me though.

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 04:11 AM

I remember that episode. I still think that's the weirdest episode.
Just hearing him explain how the "relations" worked.
Dx

LALALA

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 04:43 AM

How does he talk to the car? Communication is important in a relationship XP

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Why was I specifically pinged to a video about a guy who humps his car's tailpipe?!

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Why was I specifically pinged to a video about a guy who humps his car's tailpipe?!
Probably because I joked about marrying your voice.

And I explained how people married rollercoasters and stuff.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-17-2014, 04:47 AM

Aww... PiM! Sick voice. D:

>_> You actually sound like an eight year old who's about to cry. :B

Quote:
YUuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
I pick up accents so easily.
I feel terrible, because I feel I might insult the person.
D:
Yeah, I worry a little about that too. ._.

I got made fun of by my brother earlier this year when we went to DisneyWorld. We ate in Epcot at the Rose and Crown and, y'know, with Epcot liking their staff to be from/be able to mimic a similar accent to the region being featured and us being rained into the restaurant, apparently I was faux-British for a bit. I couldn't say ANYTHING without him saying I said it with a British accent. So self conscious. D:

Quote:
I have a sister (really just a very good best friend) who lives in Australia, and I picked up on her accent when I went down there to stay for three weeks. I came home, and even though it's been years - I still can't say specific words without saying them with a bit of an Aussie accent. And it comes back in full force whenever I talk to her on the phone - I don't do that often as it costs a lot to call her, but we do it once, sometimes twice a year.
I know exactly this feel. ._. My Aussie bff and I chat on Skype. It might be less expensive and more satisfying if you both picked up cheap webcams!

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
I know exactly this feel. ._. My Aussie bff and I chat on Skype. It might be less expensive and more satisfying if you both picked up cheap webcams!
She doesn't have reliable fast internet so sadly that isn't an option for us. (I have a computer with a built in pretty decent webcam.)
But we have ways to stay in contact despite that. We've made do without Video Chatting for over 10 years of being friends. :]

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-17-2014, 05:13 AM

Yeaaaah. Aussie internet is terrible sometimes, isn't it? ._____.

And, yes. xD You can still be friends pretty handily with out it, of course. xD

CloudDreamer
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-17-2014, 05:30 AM

Mmm, at least she has internet. Better than not having internet.
We just have to be creative, and that means that when we do talk - it's that much more special. :]
We make do. ^_^
Plus I have to say - getting to meet her... was PRETTY awesome!! :]

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 10-20-2014, 11:37 PM

Hello...