Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 01:31 AM

This rp is a romance story with many characters in order to leave it open for all the possibilities, unplanned like the real course of things. A story with all the things! All the different romantic plots you like to read. There's room for love triangles, break ups, make ups, affairs, threesomes, straight, gay, and bi characters, unrequited love, and all the situations that a group rp can allow that a onexone can't.

The basis is a world where magical creatures and humans coexist unknowingly with each other. Those with magic must hide who they are in a modern time where they are no longer accepted or believed in. In order to help those who struggle with this task, a human and a magical individual got together and created St. Cyprian, a college where humans and others can live together and perfect their ability to hide in plain sight while fostering good feelings toward each other in the event that one day in a distant future, these two groups of people might live together openly again. This school is only the first step in that goal. The rp's main point shall remain romance though!!

Requirements:
. I have no limits on the amount of characters involved or the amount a single person can play.
. There should be a mix of male, female, and different orientations just to keep things exciting.
. PLEASE PLAN TO STAY!! I'm more willing to wait than to ditch my rps so take hiatus if you need to, but try your best not to join if you have no intentions of following a story all the way to its end. If need be, I will continue my story without you. (probably)
. This is a literate rp. Posting is 2-5ish paragraphs, but I will accept anyone who can post a solid, useful paragraph. Use grammar and don't be a 1 dimensional stereotype. There may be cliches in this story, but that doesn't mean we can't all be unique!

Rp: Academy of the Ordinary and Not so Ordinary
OOC: XxX

Further information is within those links and the profile skeleton is in the second post. Feel free to add in whatever information to it might be necessary to your character though.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 04-14-2016 at 07:20 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 01:32 AM

Profile Skeleton

Code:
Name:
Orientation:
Species:
Powers/skills(for humans):
Appearance:
Personality:

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-26-2016 at 04:30 AM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-20-2016, 03:13 PM

I would definitely be interested! Prefer to play males and anything sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy automatically gets my vote.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Cool cool. I can't wait to get lots of people in this. A lot of different settings could work.

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 01-21-2016, 12:45 AM

I would also love to partake in this, with no preference in roles or anything!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 04:14 AM

Wonderful! What preference for genre/setting do you have, Sporcle? I'm trying to get a sense of what everyone is interested in.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 01-21-2016 at 04:58 AM..

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:51 AM

Oh this is awesome! I found your roleplay request thread <3 This will definitely be an interesting roleplay if it involves ten different people! I am indeed literate and also definitely willing to post several paragraphs in each of my replies, and I have no preference in roles either. I like the school theme, but am also open to sci-fi, fantasy, and other genres.

ArachnidBadkid
My Avatar Looks Angrier Than I T...

Old 01-21-2016, 04:57 AM

Aaaaahhh this is such a wonderful idea, Kat!! I'd definitely be interested if you'll have me! :u) This really sounds like a lot of fun! You probably already know but I'm down for anything fantasy, and maybe like a college/university setting would be cool?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 04:59 AM

Yay! Sal is interested! I'm so glad I'm finding peeps. I was worried since it's group.

And a nid! T.T I might cry tears of happiness.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-21-2016, 05:02 AM

ArachnidBadKid! I remember seeing you in the new members forum and it is awesome to see you again here :)

Kat Dakuu, it would be awesome to recruit some more people who might be interested in this! I will ping hillary84: here to see if she might be interested in joining! I know that she is fairly active in the roleplay forums, although I am not sure if she is open to a big group one? *nods and waits for her answer*

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 05:13 AM

Yeah, a few more would be good. With these numbers already, I'm sure we can get quite a few characters in. I know I plan to write multiple.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-21-2016, 08:40 AM

Oh hey, Salvete!! :uD I remember you, too! Man this is gonna be awesome!
How many people total were you interested in having, Kat? Like a set number or just As Many As Possible?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 05:07 PM

I have no set plans and I'm more interested in the amount of characters involved than the amount of players considering we can write multiple. There are already....five of us including me. But I'd like to see if we can still get more.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-21-2016, 07:27 PM

Oh my gosh, so like,
I saw this thread a while ago on my phone, but I hate replying to threads on Mene on my phone so I was like, "I'll wait until later to reply"

Then I come back and like everyone and their mom replies!

>:C

But anyway.
I'm super interested in this idea, as I could definitely use work on writing romance...
But I'm not good with sci-fi or really, really intense like fantasy with magic and fighting and what have you. It's not really my forte.

But it definitely sounds interesting and I'd like to know more once there's more set-in-stone plans made. :D

Also, I've been pretty slow at getting my responses out, so I may wait a little while before telling you to definitely count me in. c: Just know that I'm interested!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 07:38 PM

I would be so happy if Ava joined though!! All my friends are showing up.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-21-2016, 08:23 PM

Hooray! So many friends here and lots of potential! And just in case we do not have enough people who are interested, I don't mind playing multiple characters! In fact I think that is super fun, to be able to portray two people at once :)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 08:30 PM

I actually prefer writing multiple characters most of the time. it's too hard to pick especially in a group setting which thing I want to write most!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-21-2016, 08:35 PM

That is a good point! Multiple characters per person means being able to choose more of all the wonderful possibilities!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 08:42 PM

yeah.

Anyway, so far I've gotten votes for school and fantasy settings. I want to start figuring out what sort of plot we will have. I wanted some sort of structure where a large amount of characters could easily have access to each other. School really works, but I'd also considered centering it around a club or bar, gangs, or a music thing with a couple different bands or such.
For fantasy, I hadn't really thought about it but....a werewolf pack? Or some kind of vampire coven.

What ideas do ya'll have?

Sporcle
Ho ho ho

Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 PM

Ooooh, I like the idea of covens or clans of some sort as far as fantasy goes!

I also enjoy the thought of a club or bar they all happen to be at~

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-22-2016, 01:23 AM

Like the club or bar idea. If they were students at a university or college, there could be overlap in organizations and sports. And if we wanted it to be fantasy, they could just be magical students at a magical academy. That way we're not limited to wolves or vampires. We could be whatever we want--dragons, elves, ghosts, shapeshifters, etc.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 01:40 AM

If I do a school setting, I'd prefer it not to be a magical school because I'm so sick of it. But I suppose there could be underlying magic. I'm more picky with fantasy stuff.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-22-2016, 01:56 AM

lmao I was about to suggest alternate timelines with reincarnations of each character because you know, that wouldn't be confusing at all ahahahahahah

Maybe we could have a fantasy setting with a tavern/pub? Or maybe a hiring mercenary band that went on adventures. That way we could have characters with different occupations and dynamics, or at least there'd be more fodder for writing. Also that way we aren't limited to one kind of lore or mythical creature :u)

If we do decide on a modern school setting, I think having one or two clubs or sports teams would be nice.

I like RPing multiple characters too, especially in group RPs because then it feels a little more organic ahaha

Also!!! Golly, this seems like a super awesome group so far?? This is so exciting!!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 02:28 AM

that sounds way too confusing, nid!!! XD

I could see a group of bandits/pirates. Though I think school is probably still a better bet. There'd be a bigger mix of characters who know each other and those that don't. Easier to create both distance and closeness. Like, all the things there.

ArachnidBadkid

Old 01-23-2016, 02:00 AM

ahahahaha I know right?? ahaha

Mmm, sounds like we're leaning closer to a school then? If we do a school I would really, really strongly prefer some kind of college setting opposed to a high school one.