Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 07-08-2007, 05:48 AM

It's been forever since I've drawn -- so bad that I needed a reference. Found a really cute NaruHina picture which I wish I could find again that I used as a pose reference, however, I looked and didn't have much luck finding it again.

At any rate, I sketched something out then had a ball with it in Photoshop 7. My best buddy Chris and myself. I did not do a lineart over the sketch -- that is the sketch itself, just darkened/edited and color added to it. Any comments and critiques are welcomed to help me better myself down my journey and love (and possible future career) of art!

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-08-2007, 02:47 PM

ooo very nice!sorry i am not good with critiques

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 07-08-2007, 05:45 PM

Aww, well, that's fine. XD I'm not good at critiques myself. But I really appreciate the comment! Thank you! <3

Vanity
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-08-2007, 09:58 PM

• I love the coloring style! The only thing that caught mye eye in the bad way was the length of the girls jaw and the positioning of her ear. Looked a little... off. Could just be me though.

Great job.

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 07-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Oi, thanks so much, Vanity! Yeah, now that I look at it, it does seem a bit odd. @_@; That's what I get for seeing my own reflection in the mirror at an angle, then drawing. Comes out warped. I'll keep it in mind in the future! Thanks! <3 n_n

Vanity
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-08-2007, 10:14 PM

• Now that I look at it again.. The girl kinda has an elvish or maybe a faerie look to her, because of the length of her jaw. It's not a bad thing, just different. I gotta say though, your ability to draw the pose was well executed. Most art that I see, is just a straight forward drawing, with a head slightly tilted to the right or left. It's difficult to get then proportions of a face correct when it's tiled up or down. But you nailed it well on the male in the picture.

Sadistix_Love
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 PM

It's done very well! ^-^ Though I say the girl's neck is stretched quite far out. ^^;;

Wendy Darling
Second Star to the Right

Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 PM

@Vanity: You know, that is supposed to be me in the picture, and everyone always tells me I have a pixie-like quality about me. Very very interesting for you to say it. And yeah, poses that aren't exactly facing directly forward aren't the easiest to draw. This was a great deal of a challenge. Glad that you think I did a decent job on it. I will admit, it's hard, and not perfect. But your comments are really positive -- I'll try working out the flaws in the future! Thanks again. <3

@Sadistix: Yeah, I had meant for it to be stretched out, but now that I look at it, I figure it is a bit too far out. She is leaning over towards him though, but it does look a bit odd now since I've studied it more. Thanks for the comment and the critique! I appreciate it! ^__^