tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 01-16-2009, 05:42 AM

@jessie - deathnote. i still haven't finished the series. D: i stopped about halfway through because, uhm. a major plot point bothered me to much? XD i'm not going to spoil it for you. :]
thaaat's why i don't know it. most of the tv i watch is on bbc america. XD

@dani - we should ask martin if he's stood next to wilson and ask who was taller. x3

@cherry - you beasted that practice test.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 AM

Supernatural! 8DDD I love that show.
What test did Cherry beast? owo

Jenova4
*^_^*

Old 01-16-2009, 01:10 PM

@ Tireth - I know! That's why I regret ever picking it up. I got bored enough to start reading it because there was nothing else to read! And I stayed up an extra 2 hours to finish reading the damn thing.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Which is really confusing at first because he acts alongside a guy who played a character named Dean on a DIFFERENT TV show. >>
Haha, exactly. I never watch Supernatural but my roommate adores it, so I had to keep subtly asking questions before I could finally figure out which actor played Dean.

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-16-2009, 06:10 PM

@tirethminet: zomg i already read up to volume 11 where you know who dies so don't worry. I was like NUUUH why must he die?! I borrowed them from my friend Dalton who I ended up getting addicted to the series. I had the first volume he read it and bought up to volume 12 within like a week xD.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirethminet View Post
@cherry - you beasted that practice test.
Yep. :D
Probably won't do so well on the math one, though... >< But the next one in the book is Social Studies, and I should do okay in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishielurfer View Post
What test did Cherry beast? owo
A GED pretest in my GED study guide. 2 out of 25 questions were wrong. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Haha, exactly. I never watch Supernatural but my roommate adores it, so I had to keep subtly asking questions before I could finally figure out which actor played Dean.
And when it started, it came on right after Gilmore Girls which made it even more confusing. >>

jessieomer
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Ive been hinting to my family to get me the box series of dvds of Supernatural xD. i wants them so bad T.T

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM

Tireth: I kid you not, I made this to put on my myspace page.

I read most of Sandman through a comic book reader on my computer (I use Comical) and the same for Lucifer. Swamp Thing is a good read, I've started reading it from the point where Alan Moore took over writing so his work is always a little off kilter from the usual 'superhero' stuff. I used to read The New Teen Titans when I was younger, it's the only series I ever really followed properly. I dip in and out of X-Men and I have a certain fondness for Ultimate X-Men but I'm no expert by any means.

There's been a finished script for a live action Good Omens film with Terry Gilliam at the helm since 2002. There was even casting in place (some of which I disagree with rather strongly) but nobody ever came forward to fund it. -_-

+ I raided the library today and I finally caught The Graveyard Book and Brave New World... they're usually already on loan when I go. I got the graphic novel of Coraline and a Simon Armitage book too. Woop woop.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 01-16-2009, 07:33 PM

Just a head's up for you guys, I think you'll like this:

For a limited time, publisher Harper Collins is using their website's "Browse Inside" feature to showcase three titles for free. You can read the books in their entirety. Sneak a peek if you're interested:

Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Eleven Minutes by Paul Coelho
The Sharing Knife by Lois McMaster Bujold

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 PM

@jenova - that's awful. i hope it didn't try to kill you. D:

@jessie - wow, he dies in 11? i thought it was, like, 8 or something. XD
and i never met matt, so i keep thinking "why does everyone love him?"
if i did meet him, i don' remember and the same question applies. x3

psst. b&n has a buy two get one free thing with dvds right now.
you can even do it online. first three seasons are there~ $160 of dvds for $105. you know you want to.
i'm sorry, i'm taunting you. :[

@cherry - aw math. D:

@kat - yay, ilu.
i'm really trying to decide if i should finish the standard prints of the sandman collection or try and get the ultimate ones, but it's about $400 total versus $200. :[
omg the new teen titans. i have the first volume of that i got from jay and silent bob's secret stash in red bank, nj. x3
don't worry, i'm a little off kilter as well (madame xanadu and sandman aren't quite superheroes.) but i can always ask the comic geeks at work. i kids you not there are at least three guys who buy comics on a regular basis. XD
and seriously, i need to get into x-men, but i want to start at the beginning. @_@
terry gilliam? omg. he's crazy. 8D we can only hope they fund it now, though. :<
yaylibrary!

Last edited by tirethminet; 01-16-2009 at 07:57 PM..

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 PM

Lois McMaster Bujold is a fantastic author.
She does mostly science fiction. The Sharing Knife sounds like it must be more of a fantasy?

I will have to check it out.

Thank you for the heads up, Knerd dear (even if your head is now quite gone).

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-16-2009, 08:03 PM

tireth, how's p&p going? xD
I'm afraid to tell you that I don't think we can read it together much longer ... I'm positive I'll have it finished either later tonight or early tomorrow morning. :P

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 PM

Tireth: The Absolute Sandman editions look pretty darn nice. I've never seen them in real life, but for £70 a volume I imagine they're kept under lock and key. The 'digitally recoloured' artwork is a real bonus, especially because I've read Sandman through scans. The normal volumes are nice enough though. I have A Game of You and it has a little introduction and pictures of Neil et al in the back.

Sir Terry's view on the hopes of a Good Omens film:
Quote:
"The difference between me and Neil in our attitude to movie projects is that he doesn't believe they're going to happen until he's sitting in his seat eating popcorn, and I don't believe they're going to happen."
+ Thanks for the link Knerd, I'm not familar with the other two others but I would definitely reccomend Coraline to anyone thinking of checking them out. ^^

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Hmm, Coraline is a kid's book. Is it like... kiddie in writing style? >>

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Dream_and_Die

Old 01-17-2009, 02:01 AM

@Spring: Shhhhh! Don't mention p&p, we just got her to stop watching it (I know you meant the book). xD

I know nothing of any of these TV shows. ::feels left out::

shadowfoot
*^_^*

Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 AM

@ Cherry: It's a kid's book, but it is deep enough for adults to get something out of it.

I love Supernatural, although I found the last episode really disturbing because of it really being a possibility...

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 AM

@springy - go ahead, finish. XD i'm going to take forever.

@kat - yeah, they're behind the registers at work (and they 2, 3, & 4, but not 1. x_x) i haven't seen the insides, though because they're shrink-wrapped.
and i do have the first two of the regular ones, but one is water damaged. and my stepdad is currently borrowing them. xp
i do hope they make the film soon. D:

@cherry - not so kiddie, but it was written for kids? it was scary, apparently. (was not affected by this scariness, possibly because gaiman does the audiobook himself.)

@dani - you know, the only reason i've stopped watching it was because lana got me to watch iron man and tropic thunder which spurred a mass download of comic-based movies. v for vendetta, 300, and the dark knight are done and i'm currently in the middle of both hellboy movies. x3
don't worry, dani, i don't know what they're talking about either. 8D

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 01-17-2009, 01:24 PM

Coraline was creepy. And I'm 20 years old. I don't even want to know how creeped out the middle schoolers reading it are.

I only finished 22 books in 2008 >.< Damn school, and taking up so much time. Will i make it to 50 in 2009? Who knows. I have at least 30 books waiting for me to read. perhaps.

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Dream: I mentioned it pages and pages ago! xD

Tireth: Aw bless. I have indeed finished it now. :P

Woo hoo! Book 2 down and now onto Wuthering Heights. :D I'm trying to read a book a week but I know I'll get through some much quicker than others ... I have enough books to last me until at least June at the minute though I keep buying new books whenever I go out. xD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-17-2009, 04:45 PM

Alright, I'll look into the book, then. ^^

shadowfoot
*^_^*

Old 01-17-2009, 05:15 PM

For anyone curious, Supernatural is a show based upon hunters chasing down urban legends and myths, only they are real. They are two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester. It is rather like horror, drama, comedy all wrapped into one show. Here is a clip if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/user/areyouwatchingsn?blend=1

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 01-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Tireth: V. For. Vendetta. Was. Amazing.
I love that movie soooo much. *w*
I only read a few of the Teen Titans comics. I really should pick up more. I was more of an X-Men and Justice League kind of person.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 PM

I watched both 300 and V for Vendetta in one evening this last summer, both comics put on the big screen, yet I have not read either of the comic versions. I am ashamed of myself.

I really enjoyed the movies though, for what they were worth. I'm just afraid to hate the movies after reading the comic books.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox

Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM

My English teacher recommended I read the V for Vendetta comics. >w> Apparently I'd really like them.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 01-17-2009, 07:03 PM

I actually saw V for Vendetta just last week. Excellent movie. I had meant to ask around in here about the comic book.