• Join Us

sailor star rainbow
  • Challenge sailor star rainbow in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 05:52 AM

I went to bed at 11pm so I would not have to hear all the fire works go off at 12am. but my poor mom did not fall a sleep till 3am last night the poor dear.

Jarlina
  • Challenge Jarlina in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 06:00 AM

I went to bed around 1am or so. I'm grateful for the extra event day though.

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 06:05 AM

Well, we didn't set off any fireworks or anything, they are illegal here in West Virginia, or at least the ones that go up in the air are. We stayed up and watch the ball drop and had some sparkling grape juice that we have had for a few years. But for me, we didn't stay up any later than I usually do because I always stay up late. heehee.

Jarlina

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 AM

yeah, obviously I'm up that late too lol. We watch the ball drop most every new year, including this one.

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlina View Post
yeah, obviously I'm up that late too lol. We watch the ball drop most every new year, including this one.
lol. Yeah. It is a little obvious when that is when most of my posting is done. heehee.
I love to watch the ball drop. It has become a little tradition for New Year's Eve. And having Corned beef and Cabbage for New Year's day... Even if I don't eat it myself.

Jarlina

Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 AM

my dad used to always make corned beef and cabbage. He'd always throw potatoes and carrots in with it, making it all in one pot. Maybe it is an Irish thing to do that, I don't know. I really need to get to bed soon, but am staying up for the last couple ingredients to make a ginger bread house before I disappear from menewsha for the night. lol

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 01-02-2010, 06:51 AM

yeah. I think it is. My grandmother's side of the family is Scotch-Irish.
I am afraid that when I get up everything might be gone and I would like ot make some more stuff. It is fun.

Emo Teddy
  • Challenge Emo Teddy in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 06:52 AM

I stayed up till 12 but couldn't be bothered to watch the fireworks on tv so i went to bed, no parties for me....

Jarlina

Old 01-02-2010, 06:54 AM

This event is fun. I like menewsha's events. I have the feeling that everything will be gone in the morning. Plus I will either be chasing kids around or sleeping in, and surely it will be gone by the late night hours lol.