Lost in Austen
  • Challenge Lost in Austen in the Arcade

Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM

I hope the Master doesn't appear in this series...
Cuz it's just too soon for that!!
I seriously thought the Dream Lord was the Master...

ljosberinn
  • Challenge ljosberinn in the Arcade

Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Nine was hotblooded and "born of battle", but he was also sentimental. He had just built a massive wall of defense because he was still hurting from the war. As Ten it seems like he managed to let that wall down a bit, and it looks like Eleven is trying to get over it completely. Or that's how I see it anyway.

I seriously thought the Dream Lord was the Master too, but it didn't make any sense since he didn't act like the Master.

Gahhhh I hate printers! Why won't it wooooork? D:

Lost in Austen

Old 05-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Nine was awesome. My first Doctor. I miss him......... :(

Yeah, when Eleven said "There's only one person in the universe who hates me like that" (not exact quote, but you get the idea) I was convinced it was the Master... but then it turned out to be the Doc himself?? So that means he hates himself?? Eep! :cry:

Twethereal
  • Challenge Twethereal in the Arcade

Old 05-25-2010, 04:22 PM

@Lostin: I haven't seen that one yet, but from the commercial it looks pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to Saturday! Where is everyone seeing that one before me? D:
I'll be sad if the Master does return and it turns out he regenerated. I really like John Simm as the Master. But yeah, if he returned right now it would be too soon. Maybe in the season ender or even the end of the next season.

@ljosberinn: Yeah, I think when he became Ten he started to give himself time to grieve over losing everyone and Eleven doesn't seem to be as hung up about it. I think he's starting to get over it and move on a bit.

It is a known fact that all printers are evil. xD

Lost in Austen

Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM

I usually watch the episodes on Watch Doctor Who episodes., a fairly good site if you aren't easily annoyed by pop-ups.

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 PM

I think the rest of my family would disown me if I watched it before them though. xD I guess I ought to wait.

ljosberinn

Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Lost, that was the line that made me think that too. I didn't really get the whole "dark side of the Doctor" thing actually.. maybe I just need to watch it again. P:

I really like John Simm in general. :3 And I loved him as the Master, but I agree that it would be too soon for him to return.
And I watch Doctor Who on the BBC website, because I'm in the UK so I can. Muhaha.

I've been through every single setting on this printer but it keeps printing these pictures all washed out and weird. Seriously, wtf? I'm going to have a fit soon if I don't figure this out. :|

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 04:35 PM

And it isn't the ink running out? That sounds weird.
Our new printer prints lines all over everything. And it's supposed to be "really good". I hate its guts.

Lost in Austen

Old 05-25-2010, 04:36 PM

Yeah, I wanna watch that episode again, because I know I'll view it entirely differently now that I know it's the Doctor's dark side.

ljosberinn

Old 05-25-2010, 04:41 PM

The ink seems to be fine. It was running out of cyan, so I replaced that one, thinking that was the problem, but it's still printing the same. Maybe I should try replacing all of them? The printer says they're pretty full though, and I don't want to waste full cartridges. :/

It's always fun to watch episodes again when you know what the problem is, or who the bad guy is and their intentions.

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 04:43 PM

Does anyone know where I can watch that special with the 7 Doctors? I never did get to see it and haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Yeah, if it says the ink is full then there's no point wasting it. I don't have a clue what it might be. Although it seems like every printer I've ever had either washed out color, or made it too dark. :/

ljosberinn

Old 05-25-2010, 04:48 PM

See, it says that the cyan is full - I just replaced that. It says the black is almost full, a little less than before I started trying to print. The yellow and magenta however, are almost finished already, and they were almost full when I started. The prints though are just gray and cyan coloured. This doesn't make any sense. >___________<

And I dunno about that special.. I recommend just googling it.

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 04:56 PM

It's possessed! D:

KatGoddess
  • Challenge KatGoddess in the Arcade

Old 05-25-2010, 04:58 PM

i usually just hit up my friends for downloads...i have a few hardcore fan friends that keep me informed and supplied ;)

ljosberinn

Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 PM

Gah. I tried changing the yellow cartridge but it's the same. I give up, this stupid thing is just not working, which means I'm going to have to print at uni, which is going to cost money... money that I don't really have enough of. Argh. >.<

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm usually really good at finding where to watch stuff, but every once in a while I just can't find something.

Sixkiller
  • Challenge Sixkiller in the Arcade

Old 05-25-2010, 05:35 PM

The dark side of the doctor has actually appeared before in season 23 "The Trial of a Timelord" where the prosecutor in the Doctor's trial turned out to be the manifestation of his darkside calling himself the Valeyard. Most of the "hardcore" fans think it's the same person.

and the 7 Doctor's special? You mean Dimensions in Time? That's the only one I can think of but that only has 3-7 in it and they never interact. Not to my recollection anyway. It was also voted the number one worst Doctor Who episode/special ever.

Otherwise there's not a 7 doctors episode. There's 3 Doctors (1-3) Five Doctors (1-5) Two Doctors (6 and 2), The Big Finish Productions: Sirens in Time (5-7) and Zangrus (5-8) as well as the graphic novel: The Forgotten (1-10)
Oh and Time Crash (5 and 10) I can't believe I forgot that one ><

Last edited by Sixkiller; 05-25-2010 at 05:40 PM..

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM

It might have been just a rumor. They kept talking about it for a while and I just assumed that they'd actually made it. But if they haven't, that would explain why I couldn't find it. xD

Lost in Austen

Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Isn't there a comic book called "The 7 Doctors" or something like that....?
Actually, I believe it goes all the way up to David Tennant.
But I wouldn't know where you'd be able to find it or anything.

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 05:56 PM

I don't know. I've never kept up with the whole comic book scene. I know next to nothing. ^_^

Sixkiller

Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM

The comic is The Forgotten and that's all 10 doctors. It's an excellent read though!

The Doctor and Martha find themselves trapped in a museum, but the museum is a museum featuring only the accomplishments of the Doctor! A man behind the scenes releases some sort of wave or something that makes the Doctor forget everything before the Christmas Invasion. He and Martha stumble upon and exhibit featuring all of the previous Doctors, each one holding an item. They take all the items and systematically the Doctor recalls a story from each regeneration.
The Forgotten - Doctor Who Wiki

Twethereal

Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 PM

That does sound good. Just the kind of story I would like. I'll have to give it a look later.

Sixkiller

Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 PM

Amazon Page

That's the amazon page for it if anyone is interested.

ljosberinn

Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM

There is also a webcomic called The Ten Doctors - the first page is here. It features all the Doctors except Eleven, as well as loads of companions and other characters. It's pretty good.

Lost in Austen

Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM

I'm not very fond of the "Marvel comic book" look that The Forgotten has... To me it doesn't actually look anything like Ten. Or any of the other ones, for that matter.

Tags