amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 PM

I do this all the time, but the one who has stuck with me is not really a character, and oddly, she was a woman. Not that loving a woman is bad, but I am a straight woman, so it is a bit DIFFERENT for me. Anyway, I am in love Heloise. She wrote her husband Abelard a bunch of letters that were so loving and beautiful, I not only want to be loved like that, I also want to have her love me like that.

She is really an amazing woman, and her life was something that is so...gosh you know, just read the letters of Heloise and Abelard.

(And no I am not a fan of his. I can understand his distance from her, but still, he treated her in a rather poor way.)

Inverse Sonata
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 PM

I can't remember his name, but he was from a series my mum got me hooked on.
He was an immortal, and a mercenary, but joined forces with the 'good' to stop the 'evil'.
It was some older series about three beings, plus Merlin, and they had each a gem, an emerald embedded in the guy's forehead, a ruby embedded in (my love's) chest, and a sapphire embedded in the girl's hand.

There was this torture-scene in one of the books and M---(his name started with 'M') was locked in a cellar that was stealing his life, but his ruby was keeping him alive.
It was so sweet, it...called to me, I guess.

traditionalblasphemy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to traditionalblasphemy Send a message via Yahoo to traditionalblasphemy

Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 AM

I swore up and down I'd never fall for an anime character but...after reading Hellsing...I have the world's biggest crush on Alucard.

And then I made the mistake of reading Death Note and like every other silly fangirl, immediately fell in love with L.

As far as an actual BOOK character all I have to say on the matter is FRED WEASLEY.

Sinister Sassy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2008, 09:18 AM

I have often wished I could find a real-life guy with qualities like the heroes in my latest great book. All the nobility, steadfastness, devotion, unwavering love: it can go straight to my head sometimes. Unfortunately, it takes all of about five minutes in the real world to remind me of the difference between fact and fiction and have me counting the minutes until I'm curled back up with my book again.

Tranquilize_er
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-25-2008, 09:49 PM

I would love edward too if the actor from the movie wasnt who he is. I would like to leave the picturing edward as the perfect guy to my imagination. and as for Darcy...I think i almost died. Hes gorgeous

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 12-26-2008, 04:16 AM

[Ignore This] Double Posted On Accident.

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 12-26-2008, 04:16 AM

I fell for Dexter Morgan of Jeff Lindsey's Dexter Series . Although he's a serial killer and has hardly any emotions, he smart, sarcastic, and witty. I love all those things in a guy.

Aphyna
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 AM

Edward from Twilight.
Jasper from Twilight.
Ian from The Host.
Draco from Harry Potter.
Oliver Wood from Harry Potter.

:C I fall easily? There's more but I can't think of them right now.

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 12-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Why, yes, I have. With two characters, actually. One of them is Abbaddon Daimon Frey, the Angel of Destruction, the other's name is Domenic Jordan and he's a cynical young medic who is interested in the influence of magic on human's body. Both of them are created by two Polish writers you've probably never heard of and I doubt you ever will. But that's okay. XD

Jenova4
*^_^*

Old 12-28-2008, 04:38 AM

Well here goes with the obvious loves:
Harry Potter
Bobby Pendragon
Artemis Fowl
Sherlock Holmes (The one from the Beekeeper's Apprentice)

And the more obscure ones (Bonus points if you know the books):
Numair
Nawat

`Trixxy
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-28-2008, 07:07 AM

I have fallen in love with many characters from many, many books. I can't remember all of them, but I do admit it. Some of them were girls, some of them were boys. I loved some bcause of their courage, and some because of their personality, etc. It happens all the time for me.

Tobira Cygnus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2008, 04:33 PM

I've had a track history of falling for slightly obscure characters. I think I'm growing out of that but currently, ones that get my heart going are Glorfindel of Tolkien's works and Drizzt of R.A. Salvatore's books ^^;;

@ oHsoDemandinG - YES! A million times yes! He really is like Johnny Depp: sexy, amazing, two or three times my age but still can't get enough of him. XD

Benni Silverymoon
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-29-2008, 08:32 PM

Too many to list or even count - it's one of the main reasons I love a book, when I put it down after the last page and think to myself:
"I will miss having her/him 'around'!"

It's that bitter sweet tug at your heart that makes you feel the author actually managed to create a character that in a way becomes part of your own life. :glomp:

And strangely enough those characters don't even necessarily share any similarities. I loved Edding's Emmy and Polgara just as much as I adored Hobb's Amber/Fool or Flewelling's Seregil. And then there's... no, wait, I already admitted there are too many to list them all... :XP

Sethmire
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 AM

either Alexander Sterling from Vampire Kisses or Count Cain C. Hargreaves from Godchild the manga :D such shexay men with gentle hearts roflol

Koari
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-31-2008, 09:38 PM

Hahahahhaha of course I havee. :33 There's so mannyyy though that I actually don't even remember! . :sweat:
But, they seem so perfect in the bookk you know? : D

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-31-2008, 11:28 PM

I have a few.

Numair from The Immortals quartet.
Dustfinger from the Ink trilogy.
Lucius Malfoy from Harry Potter. And that's really just because Jason Isaacs played him in the movies.

And that's about it really. :yes: And I couldn't really tell you why I love Numair or Dustfinger, I just do.

lavndrdream
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to lavndrdream

Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM

Much to my Chagrin, I must admit, while it might not be love, but insatiable lust. I adore Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter's series. Though I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Heck, all of her dark hunters are sexy gods that make women swoon, but none like Acheron. Yummy!

I totally forgot the two hottest men in literature! Saeton, Daemeon and Lucivar from Anne Bishop's Black Jewel Trilogy. Those three are so very hot!

Last edited by lavndrdream; 01-06-2009 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: I forgot something =(

Mistress Karumi
Dead Account Holder

Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 AM

The Mistress does this often.
She is currently loving Edward Cullen from Twilight. ^^()

-The Craziest Angel-
Send a message via AIM to -The Craziest Angel-

Old 01-04-2009, 04:30 PM

Louis ( Vampire Chronicals )
Hannible Lecter ( Hannible Lecter Series )
Jacob ( Twilight )
Eddie Dean & Roland ( The Dark Tower Series )
Fang ( Maximum Ride )

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Lestat (Vampire Chronicles)
Jean Claude/Richard/Edward *swoon* (Anite Blake Vampire Hunter series!)
Who else....all the weasley's from Harry Potter XD(Minus Arthur and the girls of course XD) Remus, Sirius and Snape too...
Sodapop (The outsiders)
And the narrator in Catcher in the Rye...Holden right? ^_^; that one is a little weird, but I have a strange affection for him.

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Rath Roiben Rye, from Holly Black's book Tithe. Oh, my god, the first scene he shows up in, the way he's described is enough to make me squeal with glee.

Ursus.Veritas
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Marius from Anne Rice's Pandora

Jamie from Diana Gabaldon's Outlander

Aragorn from J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Those are the only three that I can think of off the top of my head.

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 PM

Sirius Black from Harry Potter. LOL. No idea why, he was just sexy. Then the film ruined him. </3 I actually nearly cried. Dx

I can't think of anyone else, I have such an aquired taste in men. xD

InvisibleShade

Old 01-17-2009, 01:18 AM

How many other girls have said this.
And i know its pathetic. Edward Cullen. Trust me im not an obsessing stalker goth girl with no life outside of her books.
He's just...perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualPlacebo View Post
Sirius Black from Harry Potter. LOL. No idea why, he was just sexy. Then the film ruined him. </3 I actually nearly cried. Dx

I can't think of anyone else, I have such an aquired taste in men. xD
And i agree with...sexualplacebo..(?) haha k. I LOVED sirius before the movie. In my mind he was the sexiest man alive, he and draco needed to errr, haha do Very dirty things to me. But after the movie casted him as some kind of bum. Let's say it ruined it for me.

Last edited by fiarra; 01-17-2009 at 02:38 AM..

Tanamoril
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM

@Heiyuu: oh, Rath Roiben Rye, definitely. And not just because he's damn good-looking, I swear . . . :D

I think though, that the character I've most fallen in love with would be Moril Clennenson from the Dalemark Quartet. Even though he's not very old yet in the books, he is a fascinating guy, and you never really get to see him grow up. He is betrayed and vanishes into history, really, but I feel like he would be an amazing guy still. And I read those books long enough ago that I don't feel like a cradle-robber for saying that ;). He was so sad. I think my goal would be just to make him happy. It might even be a platonic thing.
And perhaps Captain Carrot Ironfounderson from Terry Pratchett's Discworld :)