Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-14-2007, 11:18 PM

True, he has been wearing a lot of Adeline stuff lately. I really haven't seen that many recent pictures of any of them. I feel so out of the loop. Dx I used to know what they were doing, where they were, like...all the time. o_o;

OOOOOOH. <3 I don't even know that song, but I'm just happy there's SOMETHING going on. Do we know when this is supposed to come out? Oh. June. xD Do we know WHEN in June? Like, early/mid/late? Me hopes for earlyyy!!

Yeah, I'm in a weird mood. Don't mind me. >_>;;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-15-2007, 12:06 AM

• The twelfth, darling XD.
    I'm just excited because it's ...
    the Green Day
    and
    The Beatles.
    *dies*.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 03:08 AM

I'm excited, because...it's Green Day, and...it's SOMETHING. xD <33 Yaaaay, I have a Fall Out Boy concert then a new Green Day song to look forward to!! =D

Srsly. June 11th, FOB/TAI.../Cobra Starship/+44/Paul Wall concert, then June 12th new Green Day song apparantly. WOO. I'm excited now!!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 03-15-2007, 03:19 AM

• I'm jealous that you're excited about so many bands, haha.
    I don't really care to see anyone else until I see them ¬¬. Blah.

Well, yes XD.
    It's exciting that they're doing something.

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 03:27 AM

Awwww. <33

When I get to see Green Day live, I'll pretty much be able to die happy, right there, on the spot. It's pretty much one of my life's goals. Because I need a pretty decent seat or I will murder somebody. I refuse to go to a Green Day concert and not be able to see anything. I would cry. I won't let ANYTHING ruin my perfect moment. D<

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-15-2007, 03:44 AM

• It already got ruined by not happening yet ¬¬.
    But yeah... when it happens it will have to be amazing.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-15-2007, 04:01 AM

• Oh, and uh...
    Here you go, Star.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 AM

• Okay, I apologize for the triple post, but this is regarding the shirt he's wearing in that picture. Ashley told me about this, said by Emily's Army.

"Having the opportunity to spend a day surfing with Billie Joe, I was impressed with his zeal for life.. He has such a passion to help our kids living with cystic fibrosis, and we are proud to have him a part of our mission to find a cure. Probably because he loves his wife and kids so much. Oh... and he's really good at surfing too!"

He's quite the humanitarian ...

And a California dreamer to boot XD.

Ryo
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via ICQ to Ryo Send a message via AIM to Ryo Send a message via MSN to Ryo Send a message via Yahoo to Ryo

Old 03-16-2007, 08:49 AM

Gaaaaahhhh ~~

I lovelovelove Green Day! <3 :3

I went to their concert back in Oct05! It was AMAZING >.<;
They're so amazing in concert, and I can't wait until they come back with more concerts so that I can stalk them and go to everyone I can afford to go to! (Which means I'll have to win the lotto and go to them ALL >D)

<3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-16-2007, 12:50 PM

• I'm so frustrated I haven't seen them in concert ;-;.
    I missed two opportunities to see them, and I'm so bitter still, because it was my parents' fault, and I don't want to see anyone else before I see them, but they're taking so long - which means they're doing a good job, of course, but it's still frustrating - that I don't know what to do. I don't want to miss out on other concerts, but I have a hard time enjoying them because I just think of how goddamned frustrated I am that I haven't seen my favorite band yet. I can't get excited about other bands :cry: it's pathetic.

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • Okay, I apologize for the triple post, but this is regarding the shirt he's wearing in that picture. Ashley told me about this, said by Emily's Army.

"Having the opportunity to spend a day surfing with Billie Joe, I was impressed with his zeal for life.. He has such a passion to help our kids living with cystic fibrosis, and we are proud to have him a part of our mission to find a cure. Probably because he loves his wife and kids so much. Oh... and he's really good at surfing too!"

He's quite the humanitarian ...

And a California dreamer to boot XD.
:lol:

I think that's so great. I think there's a link to Emily's Army on the Adeline website under "Take Action".

Hehe, I get this picture of him in one of those body suits and falling off his surfboard XD

A couple years ago wasn't there some story in the paper that he fell off his surfboard and bumped his head pretty good? Or was that Orlando Bloom? *scratches head* There's a point where past and current fandoms melt together and I can't tell which info is from what :oops:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-16-2007, 11:35 PM

• Oh geeze, you poor woman o.o;;.
    XD nice, nice image...
    So what do you think that goddamned next record's gonna sound like?
    What about Heart Like a Hand Grenade?
    Erm... The Simpsons Movie?
    How much do you think they're gonna be in it? Do you think there's gonna be a song involved [I doubt it :x]? Why are they gonna be on a capsizing ship?

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2007, 12:06 AM

yeah its a storyline xD like the characters whatshername st.jimmy yadayada i think there is one more...

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-17-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaming-Scorpion
yeah its a storyline xD like the characters whatshername st.jimmy yadayada i think there is one more...

• Jesus of Suburbia ;P.
    All the songs that are names, those are all of the characters in the storyline of the concept album :D.

Alain
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Alain

Old 03-19-2007, 10:12 PM

• I absolutely love Dookie & Warning. I grew up listening to those albums, & I don't think I'll ever get tired of them. I think American Idiot is disgusting tho. Some of the lyrics are horrible, & it just doesn't sound like the GD I knew & loved ;____;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 PM

How do you figure?
Honestly, I think it sounds like the culmination of every skill and talent they developed from their very beginning, from "Road to Acceptance" to "Good Riddance" to "Maria" and right on up through "Minority" and now "American Idiot".

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2007, 11:30 PM

• I think it sounds overproduced. It sounds like it's lacking the raw energy previous albums had. I also hate the political messages in some of the songs. Listening to music is sort of like my escape from reality, I don't want to hear that crap when it's the very thing I'm trying to ignore

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 PM

See, I seek out political stuff, and I think that it's beautiful when artists start to actually care and get people who listen to them to care, too. I see it as a highly positive thing.
And the politicality of it isn't an entirely new thing. As I said, Maria, Minority, Road to Acceptance, etc.
It's also just pure rock 'n' roll and it's the sort of thing you think of when you think of a rock 'n' roll band, but at the same time it's hard and agressive.
The fact that it's a concept album of course requires that it have a certain amount of congruity in the sound of it, so it isn't completely all over the place. I think they pulled that off very well.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 PM

• It wasn't as blatant tho. I'm for artists voicing their opinions, but something about the way they went about it in this album really ticked me off. & it's the sounds as a whole that I dislike. To me it sounds like the same kind of overdone rock that crappy bands all over the world churn out on a regular basis

I do love the concept album part. I've always had a thing for concept albums, like the work by The Mars Volta & Coheed and Cambria. Holiday & the title track really turned me off of the album tho.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 PM

Those are two of my favorite tracks.
Honestly, I can't think of any other artist that honestly sounded like it, at least today.
I thought the way they went about it was a much-needed wake up call for some and kick in the teeth for some others. They used their powers for good, so to speak... and for kicking ass, in a positive sense.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 PM

• So we're at complete opposite sides of the spectrum xD

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-20-2007, 12:05 AM

Yup.
I'm in love with the Clash and the Who, and Green Day's callback to such bands as those.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-20-2007, 01:08 AM

Here's something I said on another forum. It might make sense...:

"Honestly, I adore American Idiot. It seems the more bad things I hear about it from others, the more I cling to it and the more I realize it's probably my favorite. As much as I love the other albums - don't get me wrong, I have every single one of them and love them all - it's just hard not to be attached to American Idiot somehow. I think maybe because content-wise it's the one with which I can most easily align myself with the way that the band feels. With the other albums, the feelings expressed are certainly valid and relatable, but I've never really been in a relationship or anything, and I'm very politically minded, so I feel that American Idiot is the most personal album for me, and it's where I can find the most common ground with the band."

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 01:12 AM

• That make sense. I don't like the album partly because I don't identify with the views expressed in it. The lyrics just aren't as accessible to me as they are to you :3

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-20-2007, 02:22 AM

Very good, haha.
Do you think that it's a bad album or do you just think that you don't like it and that you would gladly listen to their next album if it didn't have the same content? [Though typically when a band like Green Day goes so far out of their way to make their views known as they have it's really not likely that they'll stop being political any time soon, but they may go about it in a different way]