Pixel Pixie

Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 PM

You DO have a point there.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-19-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
I am not dedicated to my hometown....well not the people at least......not after they rallied together and egged me.
Whoa whoa, what?! :shock: What for?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 06-19-2012, 07:09 AM

A point that can be broken by someone's saying.
"Less is More". XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post
Whoa whoa, what?! :shock: What for?
For being a bisexual woman in a tight nit suburban town.

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
For being a bisexual woman in a tight nit suburban town.
Oh gosh, yeah. I know how you feel.

My country is basically homophobia central

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM

I'm sort of used to it. I mostly just want to be left alone.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM

People are still not aware... human are ALL bisexual!!!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 PM

@Cora: Oh gosh, that's horrible. D: Hope things are much better for you, if not now then in the very near future~ :hug:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 06-19-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
That's true, but despite America being called the land of the free it has been and probably always will be dominated by the Christian influence ever since the European settlers showed up and took over. I'm not saying that everyone's a Christian, or that everyone cares about what our sexuality is, but politics and American society's culture for the most part will find Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals taboo and unacceptable due to one reason or another whether it be religious or because their mommys and daddys said so. Hell there are still racists in the world, but our world is nothing like how it was in the old times where segregation of blacks and whites were considered normal. I just pray that one day society will move on from the petty idea that being anything other than straight is something to look down upon.

What we really need is for someone with the power to do so to just officially use something else as a way for someone to achieve civil unions. Religious people bitch and complain that Gays shouldn't be able to marry because marriage is only between a man and a woman. They say that they are perfectly fine with gays having a civil union, but then they don't get the same kinds of rights that couples do when they get married. Why the hell just not screw marriage up the ass and make a civil union possible for everyone to access that comes with the full package that marriage did? I'll tell ya why not. It's because like I said before America is Christianity's bitch.

Cora, I'm sorry you go through what you go through. I hope that through the trouble that people give you you will one day break free and live an independent life away from those who cause you grief.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 06-19-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoscout View Post
That's true, but despite America being called the land of the free it has been and probably always will be dominated by the Christian influence ever since the European settlers showed up and took over. I'm not saying that everyone's a Christian, or that everyone cares about what our sexuality is, but politics and American society's culture for the most part will find Gays, Lesbians, and Bisexuals taboo and unacceptable due to one reason or another whether it be religious or because their mommys and daddys said so. Hell there are still racists in the world, but our world is nothing like how it was in the old times where segregation of blacks and whites were considered normal. I just pray that one day society will move on from the petty idea that being anything other than straight is something to look down upon.

What we really need is for someone with the power to do so to just officially use something else as a way for someone to achieve civil unions. Religious people bitch and complain that Gays shouldn't be able to marry because marriage is only between a man and a woman. They say that they are perfectly fine with gays having a civil union, but then they don't get the same kinds of rights that couples do when they get married. Why the hell just not screw marriage up the ass and make a civil union possible for everyone to access that comes with the full package that marriage did? I'll tell ya why not. It's because like I said before America is Christianity's bitch.

Cora, I'm sorry you go through what you go through. I hope that through the trouble that people give you you will one day break free and live an independent life away from those who cause you grief.
How ironic they came over because of religious persecution then and they are so willing to persecute others who do not believe what they want them to believe...

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM

I don't understand that contradicting attitude towards bi and homo. They accept them to have so call civil union, but then reject their rights of having marriage.
Although personally, I don't even know what is the point of marriage other than officially bond to each other lawfully. and something to mention, the law is created by human which do not represent ultimate fairness/just.

I understand people why they prefer straight as in natural scientific way, man and woman can 're-produce', but same gender cannot do it. But love is love~ it is everywhere. At least... it is better than a lot of other fetishes... that reminds me of what other sexual orientation I learnt in moral.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-19-2012, 04:00 PM

... Err...

Rainbows! Nice pixels you have! Have you done more with the male top?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 06-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
How ironic they came over because of religious persecution then and they are so willing to persecute others who do not believe what they want them to believe...
Exactly. I have nothing against people of the Jewish religion, but what doesn't make sense to me is that Christians believe that Jews are the chosen people of the Lord yet some of their beliefs go against Christianity's. From what I read, some of the things that the Jews don't believe in is that Jesus was a prophet, or God's son for that matter, and that Hell exists. So many things don't make sense. I would never try to convince someone to leave their respective religion, hell I have religious beliefs of my own, but religion is man-made and the power behind it lies in the faith in it. Not a single religion should rule over a society, but it's happening anyway just as I said. Hicks say that America is God's Country. I call bullshit. This country belonged to the natives who were spayed and neutered to believe in Christianity even to this day.

Quote:
I don't understand that contradicting attitude towards bi and homo. They accept them to have so call civil union, but then reject their rights of having marriage.
Although personally, I don't even know what is the point of marriage other than officially bond to each other lawfully. and something to mention, the law is created by human which do not represent ultimate fairness/just.

I understand people why they prefer straight as in natural scientific way, man and woman can 're-produce', but same gender cannot do it. But love is love~ it is everywhere. At least... it is better than a lot of other fetishes... that reminds me of what other sexual orientation I learnt in moral.
There will always be excuses from Christianity for this kind of issue. I've heard many Christians say that "God is love" so for people who claim to know all about the true meaning of love, their views towards anyone different from them can be quite hateful. Now I definitely know of some Christians who actually don't care about someone's sexual orientation as long as it isn't forced on them. A lot of my beliefs are influenced by Christian teachings, but I believe that every religion is pretty much just a representation of the culture that derived it. I firmly believe that as long as we live our lives as good people then God, or whatever higher power is up there, will accept us into "heaven". According to the Christian teachings, marriage is a union between man and woman who consummate in the name of God. There are gays who even follow Christianity, but just want so badly to be accepted into society as equals. Not to mention that the divorce rates aren't getting any lower and that is a big no-no for Christianity. The hypocrisy will always be there.

I need to calm down before Rainbows's thread turns into a religious debate thread. >_>

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
... Err...

Rainbows! Nice pixels you have! Have you done more with the male top?
Pfft =P
Nope, I've been busy! I'll try to pixel later, after my job interview and shopping with my mom. :boogie:
Do you have any personal suggestions?

@sexuality/marriage;
The USA has this thing called 'separation of church and state', which I think is COMPLETELY violated by the christian ceremony of marriage being tied so closely with rights granted to heterosexual couples exclusively..
I wish I could sit down and personally speak with a president about this.
Civil unions should be the only things that grant a couple rights - marriage should NOT be tied at all with government. The christian church is free to hate gays all they want, but NOT when they are so close with the government. They forfeit their 'rights' to hate in this case. :(

It would be a drastic change, but for the better/more constitutional..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 06-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Ooh a job interview! Good luck on that and I hope you get chosen! :D

I agree with what you said, but I'm keeping my lips sealed on the matter for the time being. :lol: I don't want to rile myself up again.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Ah, no worries! :lol:
The abs part of the top seems too similar/unnatural compared to the female top. The highlighting, I mean. Don't mind the words I chose, I can't think of another way to put it. :XD It just seems a bit off.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM

I agree with separation of Church and state.
Religious is one thing, running a country is another thing.
If religious is combined with running of country, that actually reminds me of Islamic country. I am NOT liking islamic run law. Heavily gender discrimination. D:

...so what is a marriage? what is civil union. I am kinda blurr right now.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I agree with this statement, but most people will never admit this due to the fact that being bisexual is such a taboo.

Quote:
@Cora: Oh gosh, that's horrible. D: Hope things are much better for you, if not now then in the very near future~ :hug:
Thank you for your concern :hug:

I was mostly pissed off at the language they used in front of my daughters.

Quote:

I am perfect accepting of not even being able to marry in a church. If its against your religion I'm ok with that. I just want the same rights as you have. But sadly the rights of gays are much more stripped away from us then of straight people, especially in gay men. Did you know its illegal for sexually active men to donate blood in some states. However, I do feel society has taken huge steps forward as opposed to backward on acceptance. And then you have people like this.

Quote:
Should we be wrong not to tolerate this type of behavior? Having acceptance for gays, or even gay tolerance leads to other groups of people searching for acceptance, like pedophiles, something that is clearly not okay. If we are accepting of gays, then we will also have to be open to accepting other things, that are just plain wrong, that only somebody sick in the head would be capable of. Does America really need that?

America is all for freedom and independence, but even America should set its standard for moral living.

The only good thing I can say about gays is that they increased AIDs and HIV
Someone used that as an arguement in a debate on another site I am on. I flipped a gasket on that one. I don't appreciate being compared to a pedophile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
Pfft =P
Nope, I've been busy! I'll try to pixel later, after my job interview and shopping with my mom. :boogie:
Do you have any personal suggestions?

@sexuality/marriage;
The USA has this thing called 'separation of church and state', which I think is COMPLETELY violated by the christian ceremony of marriage being tied so closely with rights granted to heterosexual couples exclusively..
I wish I could sit down and personally speak with a president about this.
Civil unions should be the only things that grant a couple rights - marriage should NOT be tied at all with government. The christian church is free to hate gays all they want, but NOT when they are so close with the government. They forfeit their 'rights' to hate in this case. :(

It would be a drastic change, but for the better/more constitutional..
I do feel that our isolation is a violation of the constitution. But we would be hard pressed to have many others agree with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Isn't it though. I personally don't believe in organized religion, another aspect of my life that has gotten me much hatred. I believe religion should be a private matter. Each person free to believe what they believe in.

Quote:
Exactly. I have nothing against people of the Jewish religion, but what doesn't make sense to me is that Christians believe that Jews are the chosen people of the Lord yet some of their beliefs go against Christianity's. From what I read, some of the things that the Jews don't believe in is that Jesus was a prophet, or God's son for that matter, and that Hell exists. So many things don't make sense. I would never try to convince someone to leave their respective religion, hell I have religious beliefs of my own, but religion is man-made and the power behind it lies in the faith in it. Not a single religion should rule over a society, but it's happening anyway just as I said. Hicks say that America is God's Country. I call bullshit. This country belonged to the natives who were spayed and neutered to believe in Christianity even to this day.

There will always be excuses from Christianity for this kind of issue. I've heard many Christians say that "God is love" so for people who claim to know all about the true meaning of love, their views towards anyone different from them can be quite hateful. Now I definitely know of some Christians who actually don't care about someone's sexual orientation as long as it isn't forced on them. A lot of my beliefs are influenced by Christian teachings, but I believe that every religion is pretty much just a representation of the culture that derived it. I firmly believe that as long as we live our lives as good people then God, or whatever higher power is up there, will accept us into "heaven". According to the Christian teachings, marriage is a union between man and woman who consummate in the name of God. There are gays who even follow Christianity, but just want so badly to be accepted into society as equals. Not to mention that the divorce rates aren't getting any lower and that is a big no-no for Christianity. The hypocrisy will always be there.

I need to calm down before Rainbows's thread turns into a religious debate thread. >_>
lols, I should consider starting an official debate on religion, which would be fun if it doesn't end up two sides screaming at each other. A good debate is hard to find.

Quote:
I agree with separation of Church and state.
Religious is one thing, running a country is another thing.
If religious is combined with running of country, that actually reminds me of Islamic country. I am NOT liking islamic run law. Heavily gender discrimination. D:

...so what is a marriage? what is civil union. I am kinda blurr right now.
EXACTLY. Nicely put.

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Ah, no worries! :lol:
The abs part of the top seems too similar/unnatural compared to the female top. The highlighting, I mean. Don't mind the words I chose, I can't think of another way to put it. :XD It just seems a bit off.
Ah? ouo The highlights aren't meant to be abs at all -they're folds/bunches in the shirt.
I'm considering those items done.. should probably move them up to the done section.
I thought you were talking about the shirt I'm pixeling right now - but then I was like, wut!? I haven't posted that yet?!

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 AM

I love the color you have going with the tops, Rainy. 8)

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Thanks |D It's uh.. teal? I think. I can't remember which palette I pulled..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 PM

@Rain: Ahah. XDD I sees your pixels before you post dem. * -*
I know they're not supposed to be showing abs. I think... what it is is that highlight covering the abs is different than the highlight covering the chest. One is wrinkly while the other is smooth. I think that's what's throwing me off about it. P:

Rainbows
Transcendental

Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
@Rain: Ahah. XDD I sees your pixels before you post dem. * -*
I know they're not supposed to be showing abs. I think... what it is is that highlight covering the abs is different than the highlight covering the chest. One is wrinkly while the other is smooth. I think that's what's throwing me off about it. P:
Oh,that! I thought it was a bit weird too, but.. I guess I didn't think that hard. XD I'll change it up.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 06-21-2012, 01:54 PM

Oh my god Cora I can't believe that person from the other site had the nerve to use that as an argument! :o

If I were involved in that argument and it was happening in person... I'd just calmly walk over to him or her and give him or her a good slap and then leave the room.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 06-21-2012, 11:33 PM

I sort of slapped him the best I could online lols. I did I think...tell him to go to hell.