Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM

Yes! The bookcase protection program!
We'll paint it a different color! And reorganize the books on it!

I do actually need to paint it. XD It's an ugly color right now that doesn't go with my room's color scheme.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM

My room has no color scheme 8D

It used to be purple and my mom painted it white and I HATE IT. She said it's because I share my room with my brother (little) and he said he didn't care if it was purple. But she painted it anyway.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-28-2008, 09:30 PM

How irritating. >.<
My room is white, too. I can paint it, but mom says I have to pay for the paint, and I'm just too cheap. XD And I'm moving out in a year anyway, so I don't see the point. My walls are pretty well covered.
But my scheme is teal, purple, and hot pink. I have purple and hot pink curtains, a teal dresser, a large purple shelf, and a pink framed mirror. My sheets are currently purple, but they need to be changed. Then they'll probably be red plaid.
I want to paint my bookcase teal now.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 PM

I can't afford to buy little things like that to change my room. I should print some of my art to put stuff on the walls.

Right now my room is brown/beige/white. It's so bleh. Mostly because everything looks white and dull. Its' not really "white" it's more like "old white" or something. I forgot what the can said, but I don't like it. The walls get dirty FAST.

At least my room matches my bookcase and the Wall-E poster...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 PM

Eww. I hate off white. D: I don't get why so many people like it. Why would you want a color that looks perpetually dirty, you know?

My walls are a fairly clean white. But they've got these random black marks on them, and I don't know what they came from. I can't get them off, either. They were here when we moved in.
I scrub and scrub, but they don't come off. D: A few did, but not all of them.

Yeah, I can't really afford those kinds of things either. XD But see, the dresser, we already had. We just sanded and painted it. Took time, but it only cost as much as the paint.
The shelf was actually a piece of an entertainment center that we took apart when we didn't want it anymore. Spray painted it and screwed brackets on it. Tada.
The mirror, though, was new. It was for my birthday. :D
It has a thick border with ribbons tightly across it, so you can stick pictures or notes under them.

Then I've got a few posters. But not many, since they're sort of expensive. LOTS of Magazine cut outs. Some post cards, two picture frames. And then a bunch of push pins that I hang my necklaces off of.
I just hide the fugginess of my walls.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 PM

I like colors that look like what they're supposed to look like. I'm also a fan of vibrant but non-blinding colors.

I'm going to print out my art. Definitely. Maybe some line arts on colored paper, too. I bough like 1000 sheets' worth of different colors XD; A lot of stuff in my room is hand-me-down. Only my desk is new. The bed ... well, I don't have a bed. I have a mattress on top of my brother's mattress that I push off every night. The dresser was my uncles. My dad found my bookcase. Yeah. Nothing matches ^^

*punches a hole in a wall* oops.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-29-2008, 01:13 AM

I finished Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, Book 4) by Rachel Caine.
And I have started Death Note: Another Note.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-29-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearin View Post
Knerd@ Oh I absolutely *loved* Shade's Children! I lost my copy the last time we moved and I keep forgetting to replace it. It's very... different. :) I really don't want to say anything about it until you've read it.

I read his Abhorsen Trilogy and fell in love with it a few years ago. It really is an amazing piece of fiction.
But then I picked up The Ragwitch by Nix and my heart completely broke. It was horrible. I'm surprised that his publisher even approved the thing. I hate to be a downer, but I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

So that really broke my faith in Nix and I haven't been too excited to pick up any of his other works. But I found this for about $1 and thought "What the heck, I might as well." So I'll tell you what I think about it as soon as I finish. :yes:

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-29-2008, 02:31 AM

@Knerd- I loved the Abhorsen Trilogy too. I've read it so many times.
But I have heard really bad things about the rest of his books so I have not read any of the others. I did read his short stories and they were just kind of ok.

I can't wait to hear what you think of this other book.

Kearin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kearin Send a message via MSN to Kearin Send a message via Yahoo to Kearin

Old 07-29-2008, 06:02 AM

I only liked two books in the Abhorsen Trilogy. =/
The last one was the one I'm not a huge fan of.
It might be time to reread them though, I don't remember the last book that well anymore nor the reason I disliked it soo much.
I really hope you like Shade's Children though. :)
It's rather... different.

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
Muahaha Lura, Pride and Prejudice.... O.o
Ahem...I think I'll read it too. xD

But...my mom is supposed to buy me A Lick of Frost today... D;
Wha? Is it awkward to be reading it? Am I missing something? The evil laugh scares me! DDX
I never really have an order of reading books, haha. And I've been meaning to read the book at some point but never have. >o>;;

Cherry - Ahaha~ Forgive me for intruding. XD;
I actually bought it during the same book trip that I bought 1984 and Great Expectations,
and I think this was when I bought Ender's Game as well. XDD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-29-2008, 07:27 PM

Ah! I haven't read Ender's Game, and it isn't on my list of things to read!
THE CYCLE IS BROKEN!

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
My walls are a fairly clean white. But they've got these random black marks on them, and I don't know what they came from. I can't get them off, either. They were here when we moved in.
I scrub and scrub, but they don't come off. D: A few did, but not all of them.
I have those on my walls in my room too. D: They look like...like scuff marks or something? And black scuffs look really ugly on white walls which are already pretty darned ugly. Dx

And they're in odd places...like shoulder hight on me, which is like the low end of 4 foot something. Like someone was practicing karate moves on the poor walls. :lol:

They were here when we moved in. And I tried to get them off. I tried water and soap and water and some other stuff, and nothing got them off.

At that point, I went out ant bought a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and that started taking them off slowly, but THEN it started taking all the freaking paint off! D:

So my dad made me stop cleaning, which was really funny, because its usually all he can do to GET me to clean. :lol:

Lura:: No dear, the evil laugh was just one of those random things I do. You know me. xD
Pride and Prejudice is a totally awesome book. :yes: Its one of my favorites. I can read it over and over and never tire of it. xD

BUT I'm not reading it right now. I finally got my hands on Twilight!! :insane:

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2008, 04:05 AM

Cherry - Aww, I'm sorry. XD;;
I did read the Twilight series a while ago though, haha~

Kita - The face you added threw me off. XD
I like it a lot so far. 8'3 The writing (style) seems very amusing to me, though I'm not sure how to say why, haha.

! XD
Yay for Twilight! I'm currently waiting to go buy a copy of Breaking Dawn when it finally comes out. X'3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-30-2008, 04:58 AM

I just read Twilight, too. >>
You and I apparently have very similar tastes. XD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:03 AM

I just realized why I like Luna's hair so much. It's because the bow actually looks like it's pulling the hair into place! XD

(not to mention she's got 3 of my favorite colors on her and she's pulling the whole look off rather nicely).

I need to read Twilight 8D

Someday. Now I must sleep *skips off*

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:51 AM

Wow~ Many thanks for the compliments, PC! X'3
Have a good night~

Cherry - Apparently. X'D
Do you usually have friends who recommend books to you? Or how do you tend to find the books you read? 8O

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-30-2008, 06:08 AM

Hello my fellow ... uhh xD book readers, i finally updated my book list (last time i updated was before the mene layout change) and i'm only 2 books away from getting 50!! and ironically enough, i only need to read 1 1/3 more books to a trilogy i am reading right now

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM

Congrats on being so close to 50!

What trilogy might that be? 8'D

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 AM

Wow! Good going Kitkat! ^u^

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura Crane View Post
Wow~ Many thanks for the compliments, PC! X'3
Have a good night~

Cherry - Apparently. X'D
Do you usually have friends who recommend books to you? Or how do you tend to find the books you read? 8O
My boyfriend recommends a lot of things to me. Others I find on my own. It's about 50/50.

The way I tend to find books is sort of random. Some I find just from reading articles on wikipedia, some I read because I saw the movie, some I read because a website recommended it based on another book I've read, etc.

kitkat
(^(エ)^)
Banned

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura Crane View Post
Congrats on being so close to 50!

What trilogy might that be? 8'D
The House of Night novels ;D ever heard of it? i'm almost done with the second book

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-30-2008, 09:57 PM

What is the series about?

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 PM

Only twenty-five pages into Twilight, and I'm already having a hard time with trying to turn the pages too quickly. xD

Edward is quite lovely to look at, no?

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 AM

Kita - At least to imagine in my mind, yes. 8'DD

Cherry - I see. 83
I think I mostly find my books to read from recommendations by friends.
I'm trying to think of some books that I've wanted to read by my own finding, but if it wasn't a movie or something that was based on a book, I can't think of how I came to reading the other books I've read. XD;

kitkat - Afraid not. XD; But I'll be sure to look it up sometime though~
Agreed with Cherry though, willing to hear any opinions you have to share on the series. 8D