zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-20-2023, 06:46 PM

That's true! I just finished another book "Such a Fun Age". It was an ok book but I was not really happy with the book jacket description of what it should be not actually coming to fruition until the last few pages of the book. Like don't say a book is about something if that's really not what the book is about until the last chapter.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-20-2023, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
That's true! I just finished another book "Such a Fun Age". It was an ok book but I was not really happy with the book jacket description of what it should be not actually coming to fruition until the last few pages of the book. Like don't say a book is about something if that's really not what the book is about until the last chapter.

There is something about this that really makes me irritated. This feels like when a commercial for a movie literally puts the only good parts of the movie in it and then the movie is totally different. Like don't lie to me stupid comerial/book.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-21-2023, 07:39 PM

Yes, that exactly!

I just finished another book “The Guest List”. It was good but the ending didn’t really wrap things up as much as I would have liked.

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 07-22-2023, 02:26 AM

I have finished the Super Powereds series as well as Corpies, so that brings my count to 46. Next i think i will read NPC's, but i need to work on my friend's quilt this weekend while my mother in law is out of town.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-23-2023, 11:33 PM

I added a couple more books I started reading on my list. I’ve read 43 so far this year!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-24-2023, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I added a couple more books I started reading on my list. I’ve read 43 so far this year!
Woot woot! You are on a roll!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-26-2023, 09:50 PM

Meanwhile my list has not grown at all, but I do have a plan to change things! I'm going to knit a book review scarf, an idea I found on a blog, and keep track of the books I read that way.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 07-27-2023, 03:41 PM

Ooh. That sounds interesting! What's that like?

I wish I'd keep track of what I've read... I keep forgetting to.

Speaking of books, though. Two movies are releasing soon of books I seriously love! > w< I'm so excited!! Red, White, and Royal Blue is releasing on Amazon Prime on August 11th. I'm disappointed it isn't in theaters though. And then Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe will release in theaters in September!!!! I loved reading that book oh so long ago!!!

Alorrena
eyyo!
Send a message via MSN to Alorrena

Old 07-28-2023, 04:24 AM

So while i haven't worked on my friend's quilt, or read a quilting book like i wanted to, i also have not read anything this week. I have however updated my kindle unlimited library to reflect the books i plan on reading next. I might not start the next one right away though, since i got a bundle of 10 games that i wanna play first.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-01-2023, 01:02 AM

I just finished book number 45 for the year!

The author event was pretty cool! Sooo many people turned out for it.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-01-2023, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Ooh. That sounds interesting! What's that like?

I wish I'd keep track of what I've read... I keep forgetting to.

Speaking of books, though. Two movies are releasing soon of books I seriously love! > w< I'm so excited!! Red, White, and Royal Blue is releasing on Amazon Prime on August 11th. I'm disappointed it isn't in theaters though. And then Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe will release in theaters in September!!!! I loved reading that book oh so long ago!!!
Let's see if I can find the link.
http://https://www.taddlecreekmag.co...tive-framework

I've never read any of those books. Might have to put them on my to be read list, if I can get them from the library.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-02-2023, 03:21 PM

Ooh! That's pretty cool! What colors were you choosing? o:

Yesss, I recommend everyone read both! * u* Red, White, and Royal Blue is a bestseller so I imagine it's at the library. X3 Aristotle and Dante recently got a sequel (two years ago) and the first got several awards so your library might have both?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-03-2023, 01:20 AM

Light brown, light blue, blue and red. Basically just using the chunky yarn I had in my stash. It was that or doubling up some other yarn for a very funky scarf lol

Hmm, well I just put a hold on Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe. I put a hold on the other one, but looks like it's going to be a while before I can get it. All the copies were checked out.

There's this one book I really liked, but didn't write down the title anywhere and I've been trying to figure it out for ages. It had a lady thief acting as bodyguard for another lady in a fantasy setting. And I finally figured out the title! It's The Ruthless Lady's Guide to Wizardry by C.M Waggoner

But if you like retelling or stories related to Arthurian legend, I would recommend The Third Magic by Welwyn Wilton Katz. Though you might have a hard time getting your hands on it.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 08-03-2023 at 09:40 AM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-03-2023, 03:19 PM

What interesting colors. I look forward to seeing it. o wo

Awesome! > w< Yeah, that figures.

That sounds like something I'd like! I see my library has it too. * w*

I love Arthurian retellings. I see our library has one copy that's from a school. The story sounds convoluted but really interesting. Hmmmm.

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-03-2023, 09:06 PM

I finished a new words and music - Rhiannon Gibbons - To Balance on Bridges!

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-03-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
What interesting colors. I look forward to seeing it. o wo

Awesome! > w< Yeah, that figures.

That sounds like something I'd like! I see my library has it too. * w*

I love Arthurian retellings. I see our library has one copy that's from a school. The story sounds convoluted but really interesting. Hmmmm.
I'll post a picture on the Meme discord when I've made some real progress then. I still haven't added a second color yet. >.<

That second one seems extremely popular.

Convoluted, but very interesting. I keep rereading my copy, and found out later mine has an epilogue later editions don't have, which is a shame because it adds to the story.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-06-2023, 06:17 PM

Alright!

It is a bestseller.

Can I see pics of your copy? O: Front and back. o uo

@Cora - I wonder if I want to subscribe to audible. I use scribd for eaudiobooks. Audible does seem to be cheaper?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-06-2023, 06:40 PM

Have you read Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree? I just finished reading it and it was so enjoyable!

Kent: I'll post them on the discord.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-06-2023, 08:34 PM

I have not, but I have heard of it! One of my coworkers has read it too. I think I'd like it! I've discovered I love cozy fantasies. XD

I'll check it out. o:

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-06-2023, 09:08 PM

Started a new Manga series - its an omegaverse called Kiraide Isasete - Ive read volume 1 + 2 and it is super cute ^_^

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-06-2023, 10:57 PM

Kent: Oh, well maybe Ithanalin's Restoration might be something you'd like too? A wizard's apprentice needs to fix a mix up, and improves her skills along the way.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-07-2023, 02:27 AM

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been around much. Though I also haven't been reading much.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-15-2023, 04:09 PM

I just finished book 49 for this year! I was not a fan of that book but I've read some other good ones that I haven't mentioned lately as well so I guess it balances out. On to book number 50!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 08-15-2023, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora View Post
Started a new Manga series - its an omegaverse called Kiraide Isasete - Ive read volume 1 + 2 and it is super cute ^_^
I'm through 3 + 4 now too. I also started reading the 3rd book in the 500 Kingdoms called Fortune's Fool.

Quote:
I just finished book 49 for this year! I was not a fan of that book but I've read some other good ones that I haven't mentioned lately as well so I guess it balances out. On to book number 50!
Not every book can be a winner I suppose haha.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 08-18-2023, 03:32 AM

I haven't read much/