Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 PM

Sometimes I go to the movies on my own, when none of my friends can go with me. Nothing wrong with that at all. But I still prefer going with my mom or my best friend. That's more fun, I think.

Compromised Evil
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-21-2009, 10:26 PM

I don't think that I'd ever go to the movies if it wasn't with friends.
I usually just watch all the movies I want in the comfort of my own home. :XP

But if a friend asks to go I'll tag along.
It's the only time I ever go & I think it's always more fun with friends anyway.

Rorschach
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM

I go alone, but then I work at my local cinema so I guess it doesn't really count. I don't feel like as much of a loner as I would do otherwise, because I know there's always someone I know just outside the doors. xD

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM

I actually kinda like going to the movies alone, Not all the time mind you. But I do enjoy it. I think it is because I am more of a loner. I was always going to the movies alone, that when I went with other, I couldn't stand all the talking they would do.

But now I like going with my friends and laughing over what we saw. lately it's been getting so expensive that I don't go as often as I used to. I was a once a week movie goer, now I'm lucky if I go see one every few month.

Sometimes I's rather wait until they come out on dvd.

Liath
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Liath Send a message via MSN to Liath

Old 02-27-2009, 03:59 PM

if the point is going to see a movie, and one is not allowed to talk to the people he or she is with, there's nothing wrong with going to the movies alone. I've done it, and it makes no real difference. I guess the point of going with people is to hang out before and after the movie.

CreatioExNihil

Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 AM

I have only gone to a movie alone once. I saw Because I Said So by myself and I liked it. People look at you like, oh how sad, but really, they don't know what they are missing. It's like a little adventure!

taytaylalala
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to taytaylalala Send a message via MSN to taytaylalala Send a message via Yahoo to taytaylalala

Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 AM

I like going to the movies by myself too. Means I don't have to tell my friends to stfu. Lol.

[Otter]
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 AM

I go alone, sometimes, it makes me focus on the movie without feeling like other's won't be quiet.

X-xBeautifully Brokenx-X
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to X-xBeautifully Brokenx-X

Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 AM

i dont go to the movies by my self, i go with friends or family and my bf ^^ watching it alone seem boring. its better to go with lots of pplz so u can have fun! and talk about how good or how much it sucks.

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 03-04-2009, 05:33 PM

No one looks at you when you go to a movie alone. -.- 1. Most people there wouldn't be able to tell you were alone. 2. Who would care?

I've gone to movies alone when I lived up in a little town in WI. I wanted to see the movies, but I really wanted to get out of the apartment. I knew people there, but it was just easy enough to walk down the street and go to the cute old style theatre. I'm not really a big movie goer though, so I only went to see two while I lived there.

Anyway, matinee on a Saturday, why not?

tailer
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2009, 11:51 PM

I go to the movies by myself all the time. It's not like I want to, it's just that sometimes I go so that other people (like my parents or neighbors) might think that I actually have a life.
But when I'm actually there, I do feel extremely awkward. :(

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-07-2009, 05:32 AM

Every once in a while I like to go to the movies alone. The last one I saw alone was Sunshine. It's nice to not have to worry if the person you are with is enjoying the movie too.

Vickicat
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Vickicat Send a message via MSN to Vickicat Send a message via Yahoo to Vickicat

Old 03-08-2009, 04:37 AM

I don't think I have ever gone to a movie alone. I feel weird going just about anywhere in public alone, I don't know why. Unless I have a specific purpose or errand. Like going into a store to buy a specific thing and leave rather than just walk around and look at things. It just seems like going places is a social thing. I've gone to eat alone maybe once and it felt kind of awkward. XD I guess I probably shouldn't really care and it's probably silly of me to feel that way. There is a movie that I kind of wanted to see but no one else wanted to see it so it looks like I will not get to see it. It is probably out of theaters by now, though I did see an ad for it on a billboard today so maybe it's still there, I have a feeling if it is it's only in the cheap theater though. Doesn't matter though, I don't think I'm going to get to see it.

Aerys

Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 AM

it's okay, though it feels a little lonely watching a movie alone...

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-09-2009, 04:50 PM

I enjoy going with other people and then discussing the movie afterwards, i don't find it fun being alone :(

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM

Poor Tre. *hops a plane to koala land to see a movie with you*

Ben Tigre
Bioengineered Jedi Tiger

Old 03-10-2009, 01:19 AM

I rarely ever go to the movies.
I never go alone, I'm usually with friends.

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-15-2009, 03:34 PM

that depends
but i like more to go there with my friends
rather than alone

i only go to cinemas alone
when i see horror movies
cause my friends don't really like them

craze
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-16-2009, 03:57 AM

Sometimes seeing them alone is better!

I mean, think of it this way. You watch movies alone at home, so why not enjoy the same film on a big screen with a superior sound system?

I personally haven't gone to the movies solo yet, but I defintely plan to. Especially matinees - why not take advantage of the lower price ?

I think that going and seeing a movie with other people is overrated. You can have just as much fun by yourself. Plus, I can be uncomfortable when the other person doesn't find the movie as enjoyable as you do or if they complain the throughout.

In the end, it's all about personal preference. Some enjoy the company of others and some prefer to fly solo. Do what fits you.

Am I Just Paranoid?
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM

I've been to the movies on my own a grand total of twice, and it's like a completely different experience when I see the same movie with other people in the theater. On my own I'm able to reflect a lot on what's going on, while when there are other people I'm much more aware of them, and it's harder to think about it in terms of only myself. It's just a completely different experience.

Eileanora
'heaven is the feeling i get in ...
Send a message via AIM to Eileanora

Old 03-16-2009, 06:54 PM

so far, there has only been one time i actually saw a film by myself. going with other people is very much preferred. being alone, i noticed that it felt so much more different, than if i had gone with two other people.

Am I Just Paranoid?
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 PM

It does feel different but I feel I can sort of soak the movie in, so to speak, moreso than when other people are present.

burden of love
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2009, 09:21 PM

I don't mind it. I think it's cooler to be a bit of a lone wolf, but that's just my style. They say females tend to value relationships over most things...I kinda believe it sometimes. But anywayz...the point is...I watch movies alone sometimes...life should be more about having fun than having fun only if you are around other people. I live my life for me and my spouse. If anyone has a problem with it...I don't give a damn and they need to worry about their own problems (for example: how stupid they are to even care). Do what you want...defining what is lame or not is up to you ultimately.

Am I Just Paranoid?
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 PM

Burden, no one was trying to define you. *scratches head*

burden of love
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-16-2009, 09:40 PM

I know. I'm just saying that I think going to the movies alone kinda makes you a bit of a lone wolf. I'm not saying that I AM a lone wolf. Oh and just in case you thought I was saying that I am a girl with that whole relationship bit. I wasn't since I'm not a girl...I'm just stating that to relate how women tend to act to why her friend might feel the way that she does about going alone to a movie.

I didn't want to write a lot so I tried to numb it down a bit(like numbing drugs to pain). Sorry for the misunderstanding...though perhaps I don't really get where you are coming from exactly?