(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Dream_and_Die

Old 11-02-2008, 04:37 AM

Woo! I just love how my brain works sometimes. Glad you like it too. xD

Chisagi
Chim-Chim-Cheree

Old 11-02-2008, 01:34 PM

*chuckles* Yeah, great quote!
I'm making brownies! And today isn't as cold, even the sun is out.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM

@Chisagi- I've never been able to read more then one book at a time, not even manga and a book. But I'm a really fast reader so if I want to start another book I can usually finish the book I'm currently reading in a day.

@Dream- My to read pile is literally a pile of books by my bed.
I have about four books I need to read now and I went out and bought another last night. There are about 4 books I really want to buy but they are in hardback and I hate hardback books.
Hunkering down in a library can be so much fun.
The Narnia series is great. I have the same huge one volume book.
I love Eyes of the Dragon. One of my favorite Stephen King books.

That is really funny. I can see those books getting confused easily.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 11-02-2008, 04:06 PM

The to read pile by the bed sometimes gets so silly I have to remove books otherwise I knock them all over trying to turn off my alarm. >.<

I was away for a week and I read a grand total of 109 pages. O_o

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 05:21 PM

@Lilith: I know what you mean with wanting for books to not be hardcover. I think I have about a page of books I need to get once they finally come out in paper back. I don't hate hardcovers so much as I hate the price. I prefer them because of their durability but I'm poor. Most of the time though I'm just ocd with my books and if I buy the first one in paper back I can't bring my self to buy the rest of the series in another format.

My worst nightmare is when, in the middle of a series, they decide to reprint the books. x_x Whether they change the size of the book or they just redo the covers, it kills a tiny part of my soul every time.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 PM

I dislike hard covers because they're more difficult to read. The covers don't bend, so you can't manipulate the book into a position that's comfortable for you. Which is important, since I tend to read while laying down on my side. Which is very difficult with even a paperback, I assure you.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

I read like that too. xD I also read by lying flat on my back with book held above my head, which becomes tricky when I turn a page.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 PM

I try that, but my arms get tired really quickly. *weakling* xD;

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM

The price for hardback books is horrible. I only like hardbacks when the book is huge. When you get around 500 pages it is best to get it in hardback or else the pages fall out. I have The Stand by Stephen King in softback and a whole section of around 200 pages fell out.

I don't like hardbacks though because they are so big and heavy. They don't fit in my purses or if they do that is the only book I can carry instead of my usauall two or three books. And hardback books tend to be a weapon for me. If my step-dad says something to me then I might playfuly hit him with my purse but if there is a hardback book in there then that playful hit just because a real pain in the back.

Plus I tend to read before bed which leds to me hitting myself in the head with the book or even worse rolling over on top of it. And hardback books really hurt.

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 11-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Dream: XD I can't do that. My arms start to get tired and the book starts to tilt...and once, it fell out of my hands and hit me in the face.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:00 PM

I've never had a book fall apart on me yet. Yeah hardcovers are weapons xD I have Steven King's "Salem's Lot" in hardcover and because of they way I read I got a black eye. (I'm actually a weakling as well despite how I read, I just dodge the falling books... most of the time.)

Bishielurfer
Happily Unorthodox
Send a message via MSN to Bishielurfer

Old 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM

XD I'm pathetic. I'm just like...*read read read read* OW!

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 07:06 PM

They can be really dangerous. In high school I carried about 5 with me everywhere and it was like carrying a bag of bricks.

A lot of my big paperback books are starting to fall apart but the Stephen King ones are kind of old. Some of them are older then me and I'm about to turn 20 lol

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM

Wow, the only book I have that's older then my is my complete works of Shakespeare, which was printed in 1920. Some how is holding together.
Its probably because of my ocd with my books, if they even get one bent corner i freak out. A couple time I've gone out and bought new ones all together.

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 PM

I'm really careful with my books too but all my Stephen King books were my mom's books first and she is not nearly as OCD as me.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:39 PM

If I get books from people I have them rebound, I just have to if they aren't perfect. This is why I have no grocery money. T_T

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 07:45 PM

I don't bother with that.
I used to go to the library and have them fix my books. I went in there so much that one of the librarians just gave me some of their tape so I fix my own books now.

Chisagi
Chim-Chim-Cheree

Old 11-02-2008, 07:52 PM

I read sitting down, laying back on my lovely pillows, knees bent with the book leaning on my knees.
I've tried reading in bed on my side but I just can't, I'm not sure why but it doesn't feel comfortable for me.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 07:54 PM

I wish I could do that but my Library is evil. It doesn't have that 'library' feel to it anymore. (they renovated a couple years ago) Two of our librarians actually hate books. Please someone explain that to me?

Chisagi
Chim-Chim-Cheree

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

HATE books? How can someone like that work in a library D: !! EVIL!
I know what you mean with the library feel too, the library in my parents' town moved to a new building and it's all new and modern and stuff, the shelves are white and made of metal D: and it echoes. The old place was an old estate house, it was sorta half-darkish when you stepped into an isle and the shelves were all wooden and there was carpet on the ground, I loved it so much.

Last edited by Chisagi; 11-02-2008 at 08:05 PM..

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 08:04 PM

@Chisagi- I love to read like that. When I read in bed it is usually on my stomach with the book laying on my pillow.

@Dream- Well I spent like 5 hours a day, every day for 4 years at my local library. So we got to know each other very well. I even talked with the head library about her kid. I spent a lot of time just helping out there too so they really liked me.

I don't know how a librarian could not like books. It just seems so wrong to me.

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:16 PM

@Chisagi: that's exactly what happened to my libary and now there are three librarians and a bunch of teens working there (which they're not much help while they're texting). The head Librarian is nice, she was actually my kindergarten teacher, but the other two.... One actually said reading is a waste of time unless it's for a report. X_X

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 PM

If a librarian said that to me I think I would die.
I hate it enough when people who work in book stores say that kind of stuff let alone a librarian.

Chisagi
Chim-Chim-Cheree

Old 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM

Yea, seriously. I mean why would you get a job someplace you dislike. It makes no sense.
One of my friends from high school works at a library now, she always had a book with her at school and I could go to her if I wanted a recommendation, so it makes sense.
That reminds me, I was whining to my boyfriend that there's no bookstore here in town(there's one in a bigger town nearby though) and he got a bright idea of opening one himself. He Never Reads. It sorta pisses me off <_<

Dream_and_Die
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 PM

Seriously if you don't like books don't work near them.
I really want a job at one of the local bookstores.