• Join Us

Sev en Ester
  • Challenge Sev en Ester in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 AM

I got my older bro a gaming - rocker - chair. It rolls forward and back, has speakers that you plug into the tv for surround sound and it FOLDS D: It's EPIC so I am proud of myself. Best part *leans in an whispers* I got it on sale at Target for 20 bucks!

Torrinne
  • Challenge Torrinne in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 AM

I was really excited to give my mother her gift this year. My great-grandma, her grandmother, passed away at Thanksgiving, so I cleaned up and re-strung one of great-grandma's pearl necklaces for her, so she can wear it again.

Itsumou
  • Challenge Itsumou in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 12:37 AM

I went to Bush Gardens (I live in Virginia) and had them engrave a keyring for my older brother. That alone wasn't that great, but because said brother decided to give me a brand spankin' new bottle of Clam Juice for my birthday, I had two pink interlocked hearts engraved with a lovely cursive 'clam juice.' He loved it. Personally, I think I gave better presents, but his reaction made it great. Definitely the best reaction I got.

Mari Monn
  • Challenge Mari Monn in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 01:42 AM

xD I have no money, so ME! :'D

midnitemyst
  • Challenge midnitemyst in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 AM

I always try to think of things that they would like not things I would like. I gave my husband a dual dvd player for the truck and a utility trailer so he never has to try to lift the lawnmowers into the back of his truck again. He hurt his hip that way when it slipped one time. But he wouldnt get off his wallet to buy one himself.
And I gave my mother a digital picture frame loaded with old family photos and current ones. She has pictures all over her house and loves to look at them all the time. I dont think she would enjoy anything more than looking at all her family pictures.

Last edited by midnitemyst; 12-30-2009 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: added

Captain Howdy

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Monn View Post
xD I have no money, so ME! :'D
:lol: That's great.

Family Member: :eager: So, where's my present?
Mari Monn: I'm it. ... ... Merry Christmas.
Family Member: ... :|
Mari Monn: ...
Family Member: I hope you kept the receipt.

... :lol:

Kokihi
  • Challenge Kokihi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 11:04 PM

I gave everyone the same thing.
I had only a little money, so I gave everyone a cute little key chain with their respective animals from the Chinese zodiac.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM

I really like giving people paintings for presents :] I always ask them what they like in a painting, and then I do it ^^

Oscura
  • Challenge Oscura in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 02:45 PM

Just judging by the reactions when they opened them I think the best to were to one of my friends and my younger sister.

I got my friend Gone With the Wind on DVD because she had been mentioning it was her favorite movie and that the only way she could watch it was finding the clips online. She squealed and hugged me when she opened it.

Then my younger sister is squirrel obsessed so a few months ago I got her to tell me how she'd design a squirrel if she could do absolutely everything to it. Made a clay sculpture of one in my art class, and painted it to her specifications. She also loved it, and has now named it Bibi, it sits on her desk staring at her.

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 02:55 PM

I gave my husband a laptop this year.

nette
  • Challenge nette in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Something simple since I don't have much money since I haven't been working. So I got my parents something small. My siblings and I exchange names so I got a dvd for my sister. But we also had our christmas early so on christmas my brother and I where the only two of the six of us that were home so I got hime something small too.

Leye
  • Challenge Leye in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 PM

:PI have no money either, so I made my mom an origami squid.

Tags