• Join Us

say-i-love-you
  • Challenge say-i-love-you in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 03:34 PM

That's horrible Leye. I send my prayers to the girls and their families :(

The only real let down to this christmas was having to work. And my co-workers were horribly grumpy which of course was zero fun but I had a good christmas without them.

Clarise
  • Challenge Clarise in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:09 PM

I actually had a great holiday this yuear, but I remember when I was younger and my dad was still with us, it ws terrible. He always used to make a competition between my sister and I to see who could open everything the fastest. Then I took a shower oneyear and he blamed me for using all the hot water. Jerk, we had a well, so everyone knows you can't take more that five or so minutres in the shower!

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM

bawwwww I HATE having people combine december birthdays with christmas! :l its such a bummer!

I know for me, I told my grandmother I would come visit on my BREAK from school... she thought I meant DECEMBER... and now she's pissed at me :l probably won't let me visit when I'm in the area for the next few days... heh

Bonnie
  • Challenge Bonnie in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM

I asked my boyfriend to get me nothing but Zelda stuff.
Things I didn't already have. I even told him to let my mom know so she could get some too. Now I'm not disappointed with my gifts AT ALL, some were the most thoughtful and neat things I've ever had and I even cried. But, he didn't just not get me a few things I wanted, he didn't get any of them. Well, except for Soul Caliber II, and I've wanted that for a while so I guess that's cool.

Here's what I wanted:

Legend of Zelda:
Spirit Tracks
Link's Crossbow Training
Majora's Mask with the pak
Ocarina of Time, Master Quest

Super Mario Figurines Set 2

But he did get me a Twin Peaks Diner shirt and Chrono Trigger and Wario Shake It, and he rules and is the best boyfriend ever. I shouldn't complain and I'm kind of an asshole...

That really wasn't a letdown at all. The only time I've ever had a Christmas that wasn't awesome was when our house burned down including all the presents and we were stuck outside in the cold until my sister's friend let us live with them. But even that wasn't too bad, since our aunt gave us presents and food...

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-02-2010 at 11:15 PM..

Leye
  • Challenge Leye in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the sympathy, I didn't know the girls who died very well, but it it was still a huge shock. I've known one of the girls still in the hospital since preschool.

nette
  • Challenge nette in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 PM

My sibling decided to all come home for Thanksgiving (us) and so we also had our Christmas early. Which was fine because out nana also wanted to have her's earlier because it is easier for her. But when Christmas rolled around it was kind of lonely since I have six sibling plus my sister's husband and baby. My youngest brother and I were the only two home for Christmas. We still had the gifts from our parents to open since we did the sibling excangae ones at Thanksgiving. But because I am always the one to help my computer illiterate mom the gifts were ordered late because I had to keep reminding my brother to help out mom. They barley made it. We went to Christmas mass but it was alread crowded and sat on the oppostite side of the church than we usually do and I ended up having to sit behind and old school class mate that didn't like me. So not only could i see because we were in the back of church but I felt uncomfortable the whole mass and on top of it she didn't even have the manners to shake my hand at the greeting. Seriously girl I still don't like you but after all it's been almsot ten years.The next day on Christmas we went to out nana's but everyone else was at theit other half so no cousin or anyone else was there beside my parents and brother. It was quiet but kind of nice until my sister called with bad news. Her dog a five month old yokie had eaten a poisenous mushroom the day before, Worst was it was the first christmas she didn't come home her roommate was at her parents in phoenix and my sister was only spending the holiday with her best friend. So she wasn't with family when she needed us the most. Sadly her dog suffered from major liver damage and had to be put to sleep. I never got to meet her dog but felt just as sad as if I had.Lukil she's spending the week at our older brother's in phoenix and our sister and her husband and baby drove in from alburwuerque. So she has lots of people top comfort her now along with our brothers three dogs and out sister dog too whome she is very close to becaue they live together before out sister got married. so I think it well help her feel a little better at least.
But this whole season was pretty lousy my brithday was dec 30 and I almost didn't get a present it ended up arriving the same day. I kept feeling like I had to do everything which normallY I don't mind making my own cake it's just I think I got used to my brother taking over since he always like to do that stuff. My cousin usually comes over but this year he didn't want to drive in the dark. which was understandable since my aunt and uncle moved and live a bit farher away now. now it was all a bit of a let down and not much of a celebration. though I did get to go out and see a movie yesterday. my dad, youngest brother and cousin say avatar and my mom and I saw The princess and the frog. It was good it reminded me alot of the old disney movies.

Last edited by nette; 01-02-2010 at 11:50 PM..

Tags