• Join Us

L o g a n
  • Challenge L o g a n in the Arcade

Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM

I don't buy dell anymore. xD

My family had two and they both got hacked/the plague. So now we buy Toshiba. They're cheap and don't have as much memory, but they work fine. :3

Panic
Send a message via AIM to Panic
  • Challenge Panic in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 04:32 AM

My dad's dell is really bad. And I had a dell Mp3, and that didn't work out either.

Yeah
  • Challenge Yeah in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 AM

When we went to get my daughter's laptop, the guy at Best Buy told us that he doesn't even know why they still sell Dell or Gateway, he thinks they suck too. He recommended Toshiba, which is what I have and have had no problems with it at all, that's what we got her. She's been on it all day.

ObsidianRose
  • Challenge ObsidianRose in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 04:42 AM

I have a dell laptop. inspiron type. I've used it for 4 years and its started to die on me. I used to love it though. Its pretty sturdy otherwise ^^

Thunder
  • Challenge Thunder in the Arcade

Old 12-26-2009, 05:38 AM

Ouch. That sounds really annoying. I feel your pain on the chargers though. I have a Toshiba and the cord to plug it in to charge has died twice. The second time being just a few days ago. :gonk: I don't know when I'm going to be able to buy another.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebony Mist View Post
Never, ever get a Fujitsu, either. I had a laptop and it was designed poorly... the fans didn't work and so it overheated constantly.
I have that problem! My mac in the summer time will overheat within 30 minutes of turning it on even with a cooling pad underneath it. Winter time it works great cause both it and myself are freezing...

xXRainCloudsXx
  • Challenge xXRainCloudsXx in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 AM

That's terrible! I had a super old one that was absolute crap. It had two sets of mouse keys (below and above the mouse pad) and one of the buttons fell clean off. (partially my fault because I pressed it REALLY hard and rapidly playing a game -.-; ) Also, some of the keys stuck and if I hit certain letters, especially the t and s keys, they'd either type the letter 7 times, or not work at all. Though my new one works fine. Sometimes it gives me problems, but it can't be perfect. =/

Kris
  • Challenge Kris in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 03:53 AM

I have a Dell with Vista on it. I've never really had a problem with it, except that it started blue-screening for a while there. However, that was problems with my webcam. In fact, I'm on it right now. ^^ The only thing is that it lags a lot when you try to do video calls.

I also have a Toshiba mini-notebook with Windows 7 on it, but that is brand new. I'm not sure I like the layout of it. x___x;;

Emo Teddy
  • Challenge Emo Teddy in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 AM

i had dell's in my primary school and high school, oh so many problems.....

blueblackrose

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose
  • Challenge blueblackrose in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:08 AM

I have had HPs and Compaqs and have had no problems. My mom also owned a Toshiba laptop at one time and it was great. The Dell desktop we had was crap.

Also Vista is a piece of crap

Last edited by blueblackrose; 12-28-2009 at 04:10 AM..

Kris

Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 AM

Can anyone explain why Vista is bad? I have it, and I think it's fine. ^^;; Is Windows 7 better?

Zerah Star
  • Challenge Zerah Star in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 AM

I run a dell, my little baby has been with me since I first started college about 6 years ago now. All I've had problems with is a nasty virus that caused me to wipe it, a crack in the bottom right hand corner of the screen cover, and she tends to turn on from stand by, as well since the wipe I've lost the ability to send her to hibernate. It's annoying, but she works, and she's lasted me a long time so I can't complain when things start to go, it's about that time anyway. I just hope she lasts more a few more years while I save.

Quixotic
  • Challenge Quixotic in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:55 AM

I have a Toshiba laptop, but it's so slow because of Vista. >__< I really wanted XP on it, but they didn't have it packaged like that, and I'm not buying it by itself.

As soon as I got the thing, I learned that it will not power off properly. You HAVE to hold the power button down, you can't shut down. It will just go into sleep mode.

Also, the battery suddenly decided to die off much quicker than it should. I've had it for a little over a year, and the battery now only lasts 30 minutes unplugged with the power options on power saver. It used to last at least 2 hours.

I had it repaired once before the warranty ran out, and then all of the stuff wrong with it now happened after it was too late.

I really want a good laptop, but I don't know what to get. Is HP good?

DizzieDummie

Old 12-28-2009, 04:59 AM

oh wow o.o

well when I get a new laptop, I won't get dell :B

Akuma-hime
  • Challenge Akuma-hime in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 AM

i just got a lenovo so i wouldnt know much about dell

Jarlina
  • Challenge Jarlina in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 AM

I think that laptop computers in general don't last as long as a desktop computer. Which is kind of crappy because they cost alot more. or they can... The mobility is nice, but the wear and tare is just auful.

Saiyouri
  • Challenge Saiyouri in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 AM

I had a crappy dell computer as well a long time ago. Found out the wrong way like you that dell sucks. Too bad they don't have a huge sign on them that says. Beware, we suck. Sorry to hear about your computer though. I know how bad it must be right now. My pc have been horrible for the past several years, but I finally got a nice pretty laptop and it works great and I am really happy to finally have a new one and not a hand me down. I hope you can get one that works soon.

=^-^= Laura
Banned
  • Challenge =^-^= Laura in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 03:27 PM

my laptop's a packard bell

Hayzel
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel
  • Challenge Hayzel in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Dell makes good desktop computers, but for some reason their laptops are incredibly fragile and not put together well. My guess is because they were a little behind when the laptop craze took off so they just slapped stuff together quick to keep up. Anyway, some time to develop their laptops a little better wouldn't hurt. In the mean time, I definitely suggest Toshiba as one of the best. HP is good too but I've had minor problems with it, while Toshiba is great. The only problem I had with Toshiba was a software problem(which is actually Microsoft's fault) but even the Customer service was excellent. =)

Kris

Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM

From all this good stuff I'm hearing about Toshiba, I'm so very thankful my new laptop is a Toshiba. o3o

Amelia
  • Challenge Amelia in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:14 PM

My friends have Dell laptops and don't really have any problems with them. Maybe your family just has some bad luck or something. ]:

The charger though, I don't really think that's Dell. Everyone I know with a laptop tends to have a lot of charger issues, I myself have them and I don't own a Dell.

Maybe you're blaming too many things on Dell that are actually just a problem with many laptops, or many the laptops you bought were just really cheap quality.

lightkanna
  • Challenge lightkanna in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 07:14 PM

I don't have a Dell or a Dell desktop but my friend has a Toshiba. He said it was crap. But that's because he hadn't upgraded it yet. He is a computer wise and he knows so much about computer and stuff. He helped me with my computer problem. ;--; Abi is a great friend. Though because of my MSN problem I can't talk to him a lot. But I am going to ask him about these problems and what not. Because I want a laptop and I thought Dell was a fantastic place. Though my friend Hailey has a Dell and her Dell desktop just sucks at loading stuff. Plus it goes slow. Though I blame the rams.

Yeah
  • Challenge Yeah in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM

My daughter's brand new laptop now has a virus on it. She had it for two days and, now she can't use it! I tried running the recovery disc but, nothing seems to be happening, what the heck do they put virus protection on for if it doesn't protect from viruses? I'm so irritated!

hirokotan
  • Challenge hirokotan in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 PM

I used to have a Dell laptop, and that thing lasted FOREVER. It had insurance on it for four years, so even when a part of it did break, I was able to send it in and ended up getting the entire screen replaced for free.

Man, I love Dell.

II-PixehStick-II
  • Challenge II-PixehStick-II in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 PM

that sucks i was thinking of getting a dell laptop when i get the money DX