• Join Us

CHR0ME
  • Challenge CHR0ME in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 07:08 PM

Chrome's Care Package
What would you put into it?

I'm going to send a care package to someone I care about... Its a guy I that I
really like. He lives really far away and I only got to meet him one time while I was
up in Virgina visiting my dad.

Anyways! I decided to put together a care package! I've never made one before
so lets come up with some cool ideas! Feel free to come in and hangout and chat!

I don't have a lot of money so I can't put a lot of expensive things into it, or spend
a lot of money. This means it can't be too big either because I'd have to spend
more on shipping.

His Likes & Interests:

me (lol)
art (he's and artist!)
comic books
video games
movies
tv series show things
anime
he has a cat
storm clouds

Stuff Going Into The Box:

webcam i don't use because my laptop has one built in
mechanical pencils
gel pens

Last edited by CHR0ME; 12-27-2009 at 10:02 PM..

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 07:13 PM

Freebies
Did I forget to mention that I draw too?

I'll do freebies for those that come up with great ideas and hang out with me.

I've got some chores to do so they will be given out at random points. Check back
at different times and you might find your face plastered up here.

Most of my freebies are likely to be animated head shots, or other little doodles. <3

If I put you on the consideration list it does not mean you are 100% likely to get a
freebie... its just a little thing for me to help remember. :9

Consideration List

no one yet!

Elleyena Rose
  • Challenge Elleyena Rose in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 07:13 PM

well, first of all, send a picture of yourself. maybe some colored pencils and stuff (trust me, artists love getting art supplies) If you are art inclined yourself, you could do some drawings based on stuff he likes, make a little flipbook about a cat watching a storm or something?

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM

loal... a flipbook... that's so funny and cute. I think he'd get a kick out of that if I wasn't too lazy to do it.

I'm already considering adding some art supplies but I don't really have the money to purchase anything. :/ I'll have to watch for sales.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 07:17 PM

A favorite treat is always a nice touch and maybe something practical like a set of pens.

Elleyena Rose

Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 PM

lol the curse of laziness...always happens! Anyways, just make it personal and fun, Gifts don't have to cost a whole lot as long as they mean something to those involved. I'm sure he'll like whatever you get him, just because it's from you!

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 07:37 PM

Hmm set of pens. lol. I have unopened packs of bic pens and some unopened packs of highlighters in my craft drawer. /head desk/ also unopened packets of mechanical pencils. xD

I was thinking of baking some cookies and rice crispie treats. Rice crisipies usually last through any sort of conditions lol so I figured through the mail would be good. But I don't really know what his favorite treats are yet. :/

And I live in florida so melting things aren't a good option.

Yaleni
  • Challenge Yaleni in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 08:03 PM

As an artist, I can honestly tell you you can never have too many erasers and pencil sharpeners. They're inexpensive, but I'm ALWAYS losing mine. ):

If you're doing a carepackage, you could try baking something? It'd have to be something like cookies, though, because more finicky desserts don't last as long, and they might not be good by the time they got to him. Most chocolate chip cookie recipes are really easy, even if you've never baked before.

And, if he's got a cat, you can never go wrong with feathers on sticks. My cats go absolutely batshit for those cheap little cat toys, which are basically plastic dowels with feathers shoved in one end~

Chalkboard
  • Challenge Chalkboard in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 08:23 PM

If you have new mech. pencils, why not decorate a few of them (like sticking on coloured paper with writing on it or something) and you can do the same with the covers of the erasers/sharpeners like Yaleni suggested.

As for the cookies, try something basic like chocolate chip or the rice krispies treats. Try to avoid things that people can be allergic to like peanuts if you don't know what he's allergic to.

Otherwise... you can draw something for him. I know my own boyfriend (and myself personally) would rather get something that's inexpensive (such as a home-made gift) instead of an expensive one that doesn't suit his interests.

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Yaleni: I can bake and I shall! :3 lol. But the erasers and pencil sharpeners is a GREAT idea! hmm... I'll have to bother someone to take me to Michale's so i can get some but you are soooo right that they are easy to lose but cheap. I'll get a rubber eraser and a magic eraser. lol. I love those. I was also thinking of printing off a 40% off coupon because that store has those often and getting him a pack of watercolor color pencils.

But the idea for the cat toy... my cat loooves the one with the fishy on the end of the stick. Its only 3.99? And the plastic pieces screw together so it would fit in a small box. And I was gonna get some treats too, lol.

Elleyena Rose

Old 12-27-2009, 08:27 PM

yes, make the cat happy, the owner will be happy as well. I've got cats, and honestly anything that dangles is fun for them to play with, you could get some yarn for pretty cheap, and make something cute for the cat out of that.

Readera
  • Challenge Readera in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Coupons for stores and resurants he likes are good too. It's always a nice suprise. Cookies are a good idea, and maybe storebought foods that are hard for him to find. I loved it when my freinds give me pocky that I can never find or can't buy. Cheap things are great as long as they mean something.

Claudia
  • Challenge Claudia in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 09:10 PM

You could try a used DVD store and see if there's any anime on special sales. This should be easy to send in a small padded envelope.

~LONGCAT~

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~
  • Challenge ~LONGCAT~ in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 09:14 PM

if he's a guy, then ANY sort of food will be good. Trust me on this one. I have no idea what my boyfriend likes, so I just make him food and he's happier than anything and eats it all no matter what I make. So go for rice crispies or cookies.

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 PM

lol so i went through my art/office supplies... i found a mini magnetic stapler (unopened) a pack of gell rolling ball points (unopened) and i have like 40 thousand packs of mechanical pencils so i'll give him two of those. xD

undecided on the stapler tho... i see no purpose for him to have it. lol

Quixotic
  • Challenge Quixotic in the Arcade

Old 12-27-2009, 10:45 PM

If you know what kind of comics he likes, I'd stick a few of those in there. Maybe a really special one. You can find some older comics for cheap if you know where to get them. They're light so one or two wouldn't make it weigh a lot, and they are way cheaper than video games.

Some dvds would be nice too. Ohh, if you have any home movies, or a way to record one, send him a video of a day in your life! It'll make him feel like he's actually there with you, and it'll be fun and interesting. x3

CHR0ME

Old 12-27-2009, 10:49 PM

I have a web cam so I don't really need to worry about making a day in the life of chrome. I can burn DVDs for him tho. I was thinking of sending some of my favorite movies that way. Except that he has a lot already. :`/

And there isn't any where local for me to get comics. I'm not particularly sure which ones he'd like either. I should ask I suppose.

Itsumou
  • Challenge Itsumou in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 12:20 AM

Huh
well, "tv shows/anime/etc" is pretty ambiguous. What sort of things does he like? Is he more of a CSI or Whose Line man? Inuyasha and Naruto, or Monster and Neon Genesis Evangelon? You should probably keep that in mind, if you know.
Seeing as how he's an "artist," maybe you could include a nice photograph of yourself, and ask him to draw you with it as a reference. I'd like that if I was separated from my girlfriend, but again, it might not be up his alley- but technically, he's not your boyfriend, so maybe you shouldn't do that. That's a sort of thing where the person really has to be infatuated with the other person.
Dollar Tree has pretty cool shit, actually, so if he's into it you could send him a gag gift from there. The more humorous you can be, the better. Don't get sucked into sending sappy shit, or food, because you don't know his allergies or likes and just because he's a guy, it's silly to think he'll eat anything. Most of my friends are pretty picky eaters. I'm not included, but like everybody else, there are some things I just won't eat and chances are, he's the same.
Try sending him a sketchbook. I'm always in need of more, and besides, it'll remind him of you every time he uses it. This can be a good or bad thing- don't buy a shitty sketchbook. Make sure the paper doesn't come apart, it's good to erase on, and works well beforehand. (cut a tiny corner out of one of the pages. He'll never be the wiser.) Basically, put it up to a stress test, myth-busters style.

If you know the type of music he likes, try a mix tape- or even better, just a cheap flash drive with some music on it. Label it "Mix tape" or something. As they say Avenue Q, a mix tape can be a good way to send someone a message- so, be careful what you put in there.

also, Plants VS Zombies is a kickass game. If you really love him, you should send it to him.

Hope I've been of help!

CHR0ME

Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 AM

loal you have been helpful. he told me he'd love me if i sent him some cookies so i plan to send some of those. and i'll look into that plants vs zombies game....

he uses the same sketch book from barnes and nobles every time he fills one up. its really nice one but there aren't any B&Ns locally and right now I don't have a vehicle. i wouldn't really want to buy one otherwise because he keeps them all neat and organized on a shelf... BUT there is a dollar tree practically across the street from me and you are very right about the crazy things that they have. if they have the stuffed mice there I got for my cat i'd have to get one of those for his cat too because mine just loves the death out of them.

i was thinking of burning some random dvd's or cd's because I have lightscribe and can make them really nice looking. i was thinking of sending him a sample of the movies/music that I like because he can get what he likes easily enough where he works. (best buy) and has most of what he likes on DVD etc already.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 01:57 AM

Well, since he is an artist maybe an sketch pad or a small set of drawing pencils (colored?). Also it would probably really touch his heart if you though of his cat. Maybe a cat toy or something. Does he have a favorite candy you could include? A favorite band or movie you could easily get the poster of? I know the Bookdock Saints (movie) have several posters out right now. Just ideas. Oh, a personalized card you made with pics of you two...

Death_to_the_reaper
  • Challenge Death_to_the_reaper in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 01:58 AM

I'd try some cat treats for his cat and maybe a piece of art you drew just for him.

And food is always a good shot.

CHR0ME

Old 12-28-2009, 03:52 AM

yay he likes bananas. now i know he'll like my favorite cookie recipe

fuyumi_saito
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito
  • Challenge fuyumi_saito in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 04:27 AM

A picture of you, with a funny autograph note on it. maybe even frame it xD...a drawing of the two of you together. Perhaps his favorite comic book...find a volume he doesn't have and send it to him. You can also send him any of your favorite movies that you think he'd like, or video games. Ones he hasn't played/seen yet. Especially if you have a game that you don't play anymore..or perhaps if you have a movie that you can burn a copy of a cd of. It's a bit expensive but yeah. A catnip toy for his cat.

Foods always good, but you have to worry about things going bad. That's why I don't really send food to people. Though people have wanted me to send them cookies and I'm like"They'll be stale by the time you got them, even with a zip lock bag >_<" but yeah. Hmm.. though store bought food won't go bad. If there is something local you can buy that is famous..like here we have Mackinac Island Fudge, and that doesn't really go bad.. it's really random too.. Hmm I should do that. lol. Anyway, I have gotten a care package from college, and all it had in it was junk food. So perhaps you can put his favorite candy and stuff in the package. I also make jewelry, knit, sew, and stuff like that, so I make a lot of hand made stuff I send to people. So if you have a thing you like to do like that, then you should make something. Though a sweater would be way too much to knit @_@ especially in a short amount of time. Plus there's the sweater curse...

Anyway a little card would also be a good idea. I'm sending people gifts this year through the mail, so this is something I have thought a lot about xD sorry its so long.

CHR0ME

Old 12-28-2009, 06:24 AM

I have no problems with long posts. :3

I have a vaccuum bag sealer so I plan to do that for the food.

There are some inspiring ideas in there!

II-PixehStick-II
  • Challenge II-PixehStick-II in the Arcade

Old 12-28-2009, 06:27 AM

:O a picture of you