• Join Us

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:14 AM

Let's hear the good things that happened, heaven knows plenty of terrible things made us miffed.

But let's think of what made us giggle, what made us excited and warm. The good things of the Holidays.

:3 I got to sit with my mom, and all we talked about for three hours was what makes cheese so delicious. That was, strange, but awesome.

Karvo
Send a message via AIM to Karvo Send a message via MSN to Karvo
  • Challenge Karvo in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 AM

Uhm, I had the most amazing salmon dip at a christmas party I went to. (I wish I knew what they mixed it with) I couldn't stop eating it. Delicious! I got a lot of things when I actually didn't expect to get anything. My cat is now my cuddle-monster again. And my panic attacks seemed to have relaxed. I also got in MUCH cuddle time this vacation that was needed. :D Yay happy?

katkitoshi
  • Challenge katkitoshi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 AM

The best thing that's happened would have to be, spending the last day of school with my friends and professors =3. Cheesy I know, but it was a lot of fun XD. If you knew the kind of people I go to school with you'd agree lol.

Bandit of Love
  • Challenge Bandit of Love in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:18 AM

I got to help my mom cook Christmas dinner and spent time with her. I love my mom and it's rare I get to spend quality time with her. I also got to spend some quality time with my father as well, which is even rarer than being with my mom. I got to spend time with him like I was a kid again. Gah, I miss the old days.

MissAndroid
  • Challenge MissAndroid in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 AM

I think the best thing that happened was that I was feeling stressed about our family x-mas party and a few hours before the party it started to snow and all my stress kinda floated away and all was good.

Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie
Send a message via MSN to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie Send a message via Yahoo to Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie
  • Challenge Red_Riding_Hood_Dollie in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:53 AM

Buying gifts for my friends at the mall was fun. I thought I was going to my aunt's house to celebrate Christmas instead I didn't went. :( After that, I celebrate my mom's birthday which turn out a great day. :) I don't know what's next except that New Year's is coming. That would be fun.

Clarise
  • Challenge Clarise in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 AM

This is sort of a long story, but I'll try to make it short.

Every year, we drive to my grandparents' house, which was really annoying because we see them twice a week, every week. It was never really bad until my grandmother died, and now everyone hates going there because our grandpa has made himself a burden and he doean't shower or change his clothes, and we all know he should be in a home or at least have a nurse to come see him a few times a week.

Well, you know how all those Hallmark-type Christmas movies have Christmas angels/ ghosts, right?

We got everything in the car, and all of a sudden my mom stops and says, "We're not going anywhere!" in a weepy sort of voice. Apparantly, we had a flat tire, and we don't keep any full-sized spares, just the one in the trunk that's supposed to last you to the next gas station. And since it was Christmas, we couldn't get anyone to fix it.

My sister and I were so happy and started laughing about it when we went back inside. Then some ice fell off of our roof, past the window. Mysister asked what it was, and I replied that it was our Christmas angel taking off.

Hehe!

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:24 AM

Aw, That Christmas angel thing was a cute comment. I bet your sister won't forget that Christmas for a while.

maidenroseheart
  • Challenge maidenroseheart in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:37 AM

Let's see, some good things that happened.

Well, I had an aunt and uncle come down with their kids and I haven't got to hang with them for quite awhile. That was pretty neat.

My mom is visiting and she hasn't been here in ages. I am excited to see her too. We have talked and so on for awhile and that was nice.

Also I got to hang with a lot of other cool family and that is what is most important for me:) Family. Well, God is pretty important to me too, I guess I take him for granted :)

Lady Luck Infinity
  • Challenge Lady Luck Infinity in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 AM

It snowed where I live!

mwahhaha
  • Challenge mwahhaha in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 05:04 AM

Wonderful topic idea! This didn't happen ON a holiday, but my cousin had her baby girl a couple days before Christmas. ^^ She named her after her sister and her mom, which I think is a sweet idea. Also, a good way to get all your "named after" names out of the way with one child. Thank God for middle names. :D

hirokotan
  • Challenge hirokotan in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM

The best thing was that while I really wasn't expecting ANYTHING for Christmas, and when I did get a card I wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised to find a fifty dollar bill inside the card.

That money has already partially been used in order to have some booze provided for tomorrow (New Year's Eve). I am going to get very pleasantly drunk and enjoy every moment of it (and I must add, I've already had a few shots of a head start. Yum vodka!).

So yes, definitely a good thing, as much as my liver will disagree. Not to mention twenty dollars of it will be going towards keeping my hair from getting too long. Yay hair cuts! :D

`Haru
Send a message via MSN to `Haru
  • Challenge `Haru in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM

For me, the best thing was probably joining civilization. : P
[Actually got a cell phone.]
Of course there were many other things besides that though. ^__^;
...I had one of my best Christmas' this year.
<3

RawrMuse
Send a message via Yahoo to RawrMuse
  • Challenge RawrMuse in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 PM

for meh the best thing was tht i got bling bling's for my phone and ehmm tht i made cake and cupckaes with my mom and sister and ehmm tht i ate them all >.<

oh oh and tht it snowed =3

Last edited by Captain Howdy; 12-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Double Posting

Peppermint
  • Challenge Peppermint in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 03:58 PM

Me and my sister bonded while playing wii together (: <3

Cherish
  • Challenge Cherish in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 PM

Probably just being able to spend time with my family. They all live a long way away from us, so I hardly get to see them.

Oh, and the snow! We didn't get any, but the in-laws got loads... which meant that we couldn't travel to their house and got out of visiting them.
*air-punch*

Snacky
  • Challenge Snacky in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 06:16 PM

I got to play video games with my littlest step sibs. They where so much fun! We played Rock band and little big planet for ever!! I actually felt like I fit in, even if for a little bit, so it totally rocked!!

Quantum Angel
  • Challenge Quantum Angel in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Best thing that happened here was definitely watching my friends open the stuff I got for them. I was afraid I'd killed them at a couple points. XD;;; But sure enough, they were either just laughing so hard they nearly fell over or had all but collapsed in disbelief. No death. XD I will never forget "There's a dead body in here!" when my one friend opened the sculpture I sent her. Nor my other friend threatening to beat me with a pole for getting her too much awesome stuff. XDD; Or EITHER of their reactions to how I wrapped everything. Was fun. |D

Neko Neko Kitty
Send a message via MSN to Neko Neko Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Neko Neko Kitty
  • Challenge Neko Neko Kitty in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM

I was invited to help my father in law help wrap presents which is a huge deal in that family. It's his time to get some alone time during the holidays and he asked for my help which really helped me out since I've always felt a bit like he doesn't really like me so we got to bond a bit. Then my parents and I have a rocky relationship and they told me they were proud of my and loved me which just means so much to hear from them.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
  • Challenge XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 08:09 PM

I didn't do anything...I don't get my Christmas money until Friday...I stayed at home playing WOW.

sweet windmelody
  • Challenge sweet windmelody in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:54 PM

Ummmm.....Well the only thing that's good happened to me is that I got hugs from an unexpected person. And I don't know him very well but it's nice to know that at least he appreciate me for my gifts. :)

Alchemist of Anarchy
Send a message via AIM to Alchemist of Anarchy
  • Challenge Alchemist of Anarchy in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 PM

The best thing that happened to me actually started as something rather sad. Every year the hospital my mom works at gets a list from a nursisng home and everyone adopts a person to give presents to. Before my grandma died she happened to be living in the nursing home that was picked this year and since she passed this late fall my mom and I really wanted to get a lot of people to help out with the project. Unfortunately due to the present economy a lot of the people weren't picked and even though the people that had already signed up took a couple more, there were still lots of people that weren't going to get anything this year.

That's when the event coordinator and staff decided to split the presents equally among the residents so everyone got a present. And I was invited to help, so I spent the better part of Christmas Eve and the afternoon of Christmas Day wrapping sorting and giving out presents to the residents. A 21 year old dressed up like an elf with Santa and Mrs. Clause... I've never seen a happier group of people.

Many people forget that people in nursing homes often don't get anything for Christmas and often don't have anyone to come and visit them. And although there are a lot of residents there that suffer with retardation, physical aggrivation, and other afflictions. They all seemed genuinely happy that someone had taken the time to remember them. And that made my Christmas!

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:03 AM

I had a delicious turkey dinner and it made me feel nice to watch A Christmas Story all day on Christmas Day.

purple_picklez
  • Challenge purple_picklez in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:06 AM

Uh, well.. Besides the fact that I got a laptop, We were allowed to leave arely from school if we had passes on the exam days. One day, I got home before 12:30. It felt weird, because I didn't knoww what to do with myself.

Divacita
  • Challenge Divacita in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 05:13 AM

The Best thing that happened for me this holiday is that I got money . YAY> (Muahahahahahahahaha)