Tasty ones <3 12 33.33%
Pretty,Adowable and Tasty x3 23 63.89%
I dun't like cupcakes :O 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

fuyumi_saito
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito
  • Challenge fuyumi_saito in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:11 PM

I like cupcakes. they're not difficult to make, so I don't think you'll have a problem learning. They're so fun and cute.. I love decorating cupcakes. That's like the funnest part XD especially when you have sprinkles, and different colored frosting.

I like the cupcakes they made on here. They're very cute.

Kiyo Trishna
Send a message via MSN to Kiyo Trishna Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyo Trishna
  • Challenge Kiyo Trishna in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:21 PM

I like cupcakes...just not the overly sweet icing ones. -0-
Making cupcakes is always fun though, cause I decorate them to fit a theme. XD
Last time I made them it was for a fast food theme.

chainsofdeath
  • Challenge chainsofdeath in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:25 PM

you should put it in those little cups, and use a muffin tray. it defines the shape more and don't fill the cups to the top. three quarters of the way should be fine. ^^

Wicked
  • Challenge Wicked in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 07:46 PM

I'm a cupcake making maniac.
I fail at baking cakes but cupcakes are easy for me.
Plus cakes are huge. And wasteful if everyone is not on board with the type of cake. Say for example Red Velvet. I hate it, but my sweetie could live off that stuff. So I make up about a 1/3 of the box of that cake mix and spoon it into the cupcake/muffin pan and YAY!! He gets six little Red Velvet cupcakes to nosh on and there still room for MY cupcakes. Win win.

I think this thread has inspired me.
He has to work a short shift today which would be less of a bummer if he came home to cupcakes!

Leye
  • Challenge Leye in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:11 PM

I got a cupcake maker for christmas. :3

sailor star rainbow
  • Challenge sailor star rainbow in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 PM

I love to eat all sort of cupcakes.

DelilahHeart
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart
  • Challenge DelilahHeart in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:13 PM

Red velvet cupcakes... yumm...

I usually buy a mix to make cupcakes. Sometimes they have decorating frosting at the store. That would be good for decorating. Sprinkles are also good, also different colored frosting and different types of frosting. Cream cheese frosting is really good and that's one thing that goes excellently with really rich cupcakes.

Synthetika
  • Challenge Synthetika in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:36 PM

I like eating cupcakes once in a while ^_^

I always just make the ones that have the premade mix and you just add some extra ingredients i dont know how to make them from scratch I think I would fail at that! I like to get a frosting thats a different color than the batter and add colorful toppings to it, and then i just use the foil wrap bottoms because its easier to peel them out that way =P

Janviarius
  • Challenge Janviarius in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 08:58 PM

I love cupcakes, especially when they've been in the fridge and it's a hot day....

Captain Howdy

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-31-2009, 09:07 PM

Why yes, I am delicious. Thank you. :O

William
  • Challenge William in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:20 PM

I love cupcakes! *noms mini-cakes*
@Captain Howdy: LOLWUT?! Awesome avvie!

SSCeles
Send a message via AIM to SSCeles Send a message via MSN to SSCeles
  • Challenge SSCeles in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 PM

Oh, one can make their own cupcake wrappers? I never knew that... my mother just used to buy the multi-colored ones from the store. I actually haven't had cupcakes in a long time, but that's because I moved out on my own and we don't have a cupcake tin. D=

I'm not a fan of frosting and sprinkles, I'll admit that now, but I think cupcakes are the most wonderful thing ever. Each bite is perfection! With a real cake you've got a the thicker edges and the moist fluffy center... half the slices will be 100% thick, half with be %100 fluffy. But with a cupcake, you can usually always get the best of both of worlds.

One last thing: Red Velvet Cupcakes. A-maz-ing~~

LunarShinobi
  • Challenge LunarShinobi in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 PM

I can help you, a bit.

You could use a store bought cake mix, and if you did, skip around the following quote.

If you want to make it all from scratch, then look at the quote below I got it from an old betty crocker book that I keep in my house:
Quote:
Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup & 2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk (I suppose regular milk would do.)
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate (or, add powdered baking chocolate until it tastes right to you. Yes, this will require frequent sampling of the batter ;) )

Beat all ingredients together, and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Cupcakes are no different from cake. Just bake for about 15-18 minutes instead of 30.

You need a muffin/cupcake pan. That's unavoidable. But all you have to do to make those perfect little puffy cupcakes, is not over or under fill.

Take a tablespoon, and put about two spoons worth.

Cupcakes not coming out moist enough? Add just a little extra oil. I usually just don't measure the oil correctly to begin with...

The following recipie is something I created, and am sharing with you. Therefore, I no have to be quoting it.

Homemade Whipped Chocolate Icing

You'll need:
Whipping Cream, it comes it pints and half pints. for for a full box of batter, or about, eh, 2 dozen cupcakes (maybe more), you'll want the full pint.
Chocolate Baking Powder, about 3 tablespoons, depending on how much you like chocolate.
Sugar- It's all about how sweet you'd like it. add sugar until it's just right.

You'll also need some sort of electric mixer, but if you don't have one, all you need is a whisk, time, and elbow grease.

Whip it until it becomes thick. When you pick up the mixer or whisk, and some of the cream forms like, a pillar, then it's ready. Refridgerate until cupcakes are cool.

Hope I helped. If you need more recipies for other cake flavors, send me a message, I've got not one but like, 20 recipie books that I'll gladly type up for you.

As for the wrappers, I usually only use store bought. But I suppose you can make your own edible chocolate ones, but once again, you need a cupcake tin.

Last edited by LunarShinobi; 12-31-2009 at 10:27 PM..

blueblob2
  • Challenge blueblob2 in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:51 PM

I love cupcakes.

Sev en Ester
  • Challenge Sev en Ester in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 10:56 PM

Cupcakes are a fun-to-make delight for the joyous, miserable, relatively happy, and somewhat depressed.

Needless to say cupcakes make the world go round.

Give a cupcake to someone you love, put a little spring in their step. Call 1-800-CUPCAKES-SAVE-THE-WORLD, today.

-infomercial brought to you by D.F.G.C. (Desperate for Ginger Corporations)-

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM

I love cupcakes. For some reason I like them better than normal cake even though they are the same thing.

Twisted Insanity
  • Challenge Twisted Insanity in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 AM

I looooove cupcakes. I likes the confetti ones with strawberry frosting and sprinkles on top.

Alluring Siren
  • Challenge Alluring Siren in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 03:11 AM

Cupcakes are cute and tasty! I adore red velvet <3

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:04 AM

Yummy. I like those.

Erailea
  • Challenge Erailea in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 AM

I'm not a big cupcake person. I like brownies, cheese cakes and moist cakes with buttermilk frosting

RawrMuse
Send a message via Yahoo to RawrMuse
  • Challenge RawrMuse in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 09:33 AM

okais so Captain Howdy chu sure r adowable >.< now to continue ...i am delighted to see soo many tips and advices to make cupcakes...i cant reply to everyone in person but i thank you all for the advices x3...its ish strange tht there are so many tips and way of making for something so small as a cupcake right?>.<i wrote all your adivces in my sketchbook and i can't wait to receive more:P

p.s:i would like this thread to continue even after the event and maybe chu guys can make up new ideas for cupcakes along with meh and write them in this thread^^ ideas of wrapping,way of decorating and different tastes :P

All the cupcake lovers r my freinds^^

p.p.s: if i want this thread to continue will i have to move it somewhere else or wha?o.o

Wizler
  • Challenge Wizler in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Tasty ones, of course! Though being pretty and adorable certainly helps as well. P:

RawrMuse
Send a message via Yahoo to RawrMuse
  • Challenge RawrMuse in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 09:59 AM

of course it does wiz =3...but it ish harder to eat a pretty looking cupcake chu know?o.o...looking in its teary eyes as chu prepare to munnch it... T.T...>:3 but i still luvs chem *munch munch munch*

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:31 PM

if they're edible, I like them 8D lol

Bonnie
  • Challenge Bonnie in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 04:29 PM

I love cupcakes so much that I want to get that Wilton set to make a giant cupcake. I know that would just be a cake, but it's still adorable that it's shaped like a cupcake... That makes me happy...

Tags