MinaBaby
Send a message via MSN to MinaBaby
  • Challenge MinaBaby in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 PM

yes, that's it..... I haven't seen it in a while lol

Edit: So, when does Doctor Who air over there? If yall have already seen Amy's Choice, and it's not airing on BBCA till the 5th

secretdae007
  • Challenge secretdae007 in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 PM

Well, that last post answers my question. ^_^; How bothersome...

MinaBaby

Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 PM

What question?

secretdae007

Old 05-30-2010, 01:40 PM

I went to see if the new Dr. Who was on BBC America on demand. But since it is not airing until the 5th, it won't be on demand until the 6th. ^_^;

MinaBaby

Old 05-30-2010, 01:45 PM

Oh, lol.... yea
they are having a Doctor Who/Star Trek three day marathon cause of memorial day weekend, it started last night... so they aren't airing the next episode till the 5th

at least that's my thought on the subject
though, I still don't know why
I also don't understand why we seem to be two-three weeks behind over here

secretdae007

Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM

Unfortunately, I don't get the actual BBC America channel, just the on demand. So I can only actually watch it in 1 room which is where my mother is currently sewing together her new couch cushions. >.<;

Yeah, I don't get that either. It's not like there needs to be any translation done or anything.

m00finsan
Send a message via Yahoo to m00finsan
  • Challenge m00finsan in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Well, there probably is a considerable amount of editing that needs to be done with regards to commercial breaks, since BBC can't fund channels outside the UK with money from license fees.

At least, that's my best guess.

Sixkiller
  • Challenge Sixkiller in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Wow I've been away too long. Ok I'm going to simultaniously put my bulls into each ring in one post. *cracks knuckles*
@ Scribbled Love

SPOILERX

Your logic seems to only make sense if we were still developing the 10th doctor but, let's face it, we aren't. Matt Smith is NOT David Tennant. That may have been a "viable option" for 10 11th is and old man in a young man's body. He's more concerned with showing these crazy kids around this vast universe than getting it up. Hence why he was so reluctant to let Amy have a go with him in the end of Flesh and Stone.
The whole, you can't be with me because I don't age, thing is a 10th doctor thing (and it's not even true. The 1st doctor died of old age, so I'm calling Bullshit RTD!)In Vampires of Venice we see that the doctor is trying to get Amy back in love with Rory but it doesn't work as well as he planned so when the spores bring out the "Dreamlord" it creates two separate worlds. So it's basically the Doctor subconsciously making Amy choose, not because he wants her to pick him and love him. He doesn't love her. He looks at her and he doesn't see Amy Pond, he sees Amelia, the little Scottish girl who gave him fish custard. She's like a granddaughter to him and he wants her to be happy.

Sorry that one got a little rambly.

@ Minababy: I did love Donna but I have to disagree about the Daleks. First off 10's clone and Davros were responsible for unlocking Donna's mind (the Daleks were only indirectly involved) but the Daleks have done loads to hurt the Doctor.
In Dalek Invasion of Earth they take over London and the Doctor's grand daughter stays to help the relief.
In Evil of the Daleks the Daleks kill Victoria's entire family.
In Genesis the Doctor goes back in time and accidentally causes the creation of the Daleks. It's just a long history and the greatest villains are the ones you hate and I think it speaks to the story of Doctor Who that no matter how many times the Doctor destroys them they keep coming back.

Sorry that was a long and rambly post.

Last edited by Sixkiller; 05-30-2010 at 04:24 PM..

Scribbled Lore
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore
  • Challenge Scribbled Lore in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 04:35 PM

@ Lostin and Sixkiller

I don't feel that either of you are really responding to what I said. Instead what it seems like you're doing is using Doctor Who, the series, to say, "Monogamy is only proper way because these fictional characters and their writers say so!"

Specifically with Sixkiller we're not talking about the 10th Doctor at all. He's just simply not apart of this conversation. We are specifically talking about the case of the 11th Doctor with Amy and Rory as his Companions.

I'm not trying to make a case for this sort of relationship to happen in canon - the point I was and continue to try and make is that the writer's didn't have to go with the "either or" choice for Amy between Rory and the Doctor.

I don't feel that either of you are separating this conversation from what we know to have happened and be happening in canon.

(( I'd like to copy and paste this conversation we're having to my Dreamwidth account because I feel that it'd spark a good conversation about fandom and how it works with friends of mine on there - would both of you, Sixkiller and Lostin, be okay with me doing that with the understanding that I wouldn't include your usernames? (Unless you asked me to.) ))

Sixkiller

Old 05-30-2010, 06:22 PM

I don't recall mentioning Monogomy AT ALL in my rebuttal. All I'm saying is, Could it happen? NO. It's not the only option but the Doctor did not and would not even consider that an option EVER. Because, like I said, he does not see Amy Pond he sees little Amelia Pond, making her more like a Granddaughter to him. Add that to the fact that he is 907 years old which to him would be like a 65 year old man trying to become romantically involved with a 14 year old.

Scribbled Lore
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Old 05-30-2010, 08:07 PM

You're making it sound like the only way to read Doctor Who is the way you do - what if I thought the reason why the 11th Doctor keeps finding ways to redirect Amy's feelings for him isn't at all because of seeing her as a granddaughter or the difference in physical age between them?

Sixkiller

Old 05-30-2010, 09:53 PM

I'd say that's your opinion. I can present as much evidence to contradict but really it doesn't matter, does it? It seems no matter what I say to the contrary I'm not going to sway you onto my platform of thinking so this whole debate is simply futile.
We'll have to disagree and let it go.

Scribbled Lore

Old 05-30-2010, 10:10 PM

This was never an attempt to change anyone else's mind on my part. I was just having a pleasant conversation on what I didn't like about the episode with people who would know what I was talking about. I know it's not the same for everyone else but there's not really anyone for me to talk about Doctor Who with IRL.

magikjaz
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz
  • Challenge magikjaz in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 PM

i wish i had seen the episodes already so i could chime in :(

and Scribbled Lore i totally understand. the only person i have irl to talk Doctor WHO with is hubby and since he generally thinks the same way i do sometimes the conversations don't last that long lol.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
  • Challenge x-cutie-x-pie-x in the Arcade

Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Hello everyone~ This is where I normally hangout so I might just curl up in here and try to catch up all these days I've missed. :ninja:

Scribbled Lore

Old 05-30-2010, 10:40 PM

That is exactly the way it is for me, Magikjaz! You can't have a conversation with someone who agrees with you - you're just talking to yourself essentially.

serenitykit
  • Challenge serenitykit in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 12:29 AM

agreement

magikjaz
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz
  • Challenge magikjaz in the Arcade

Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 AM

i really need to remember to hang in this regular thread when events are over - i really love the people here

scribbled Lore - not to bring up a non doctor topic but it was so bad when we watched the end of LOST cuz we both had the same ideas about everything - he was actually searching out people to talk to lol

ljosberinn
  • Challenge ljosberinn in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm always terrible at keeping up with threads. Been so busy with things lately, sorry guys. How is everyone? And a warm hello to the new peoples! And magikjaz, you're welcome to talk about non Doctor Who related things in here. :)

TaiyoTsuki
  • Challenge TaiyoTsuki in the Arcade

Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Hello everyone

Tags