ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 AM

Love: the Forbidden Arts the OOC Thread

It is the Fifth Rise to the Seventh Son of King Marion and the people of Rudaul have seen better times. The original King Marion was a savior to his people when he sent out his templars to destroy a threatening mage imperium. He put forth a law that all mages are to be sent to monasteries where they could learn whilst under the watchful eye of the templars.

Mages were, and still are feared beings, many people considering them different than themselves, like they were abominations. Others revered them for their powers and the beauty and prestige that went along with it. A high lord for one of the many cities of Rudaul was just that kind of person. He was respected by his peers, but the people he governed were another story. He was a greedy man, never really caring for his people. He was all about riches, prestige, and looks. When he had heard that the mages could be "hired out", he was all over it.

Many believed he had his own mini monastery with all the mages and templars running about his castle. His people were terrified of them all and when the lord was found dead one day, they didn't know whether to rejoice or run in fear.

The mages were blamed of course and the mages all across Rudaul began disappearing, even some in the monastery; the one place they could call 'home' was no longer safe. Templars were ordered to bring mages back to the monastery for trial, an unfair at that. Those that were caught using forbidden magic or resisted were to be killed on sight. Some templars follow the order right to the mark while others sympathize with the mages, and others see them as dangerous vermin to be rid of.

Some mages did not fear what was happening and remained in the monasteries, and after being tried, some are being offered redemption, or a "second chance", by hunting down the growing number of apostates. Others ran knowing that their trials would not be fair, they were scared, or maybe they were a little less than harmless.

Monastery mages and templars konw that relations are forbidden, but what will happen during these 'witch hunts' with both groups so far away from the eye of the church? Will the killer be found among the renegade mages, or are they being framed?

This is the OOC thread, feel free to post in here while I fight through putting the actual RP together! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, interests, anything! I would love to hear from you and see if this has any interest ^^

The IC Thread

Important Info for those that cannot open the spoilers:
About MagesMage abilities and SpecializationsAll Templar Info

Profiles
Azadeth and AeylnKaneLeriehNaomi, Fritz, and LzerrahShilohHanaHelena Elizabeta GrimshawAlexander David Grimshaw, Jessica Creed, and Liam "Sephiroth" Creed

REMAINING AVAILABILITY:
2 Mage: 2 male
4 Templars: 2 females/2 males

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 04-27-2011 at 10:41 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 03:44 AM

alright lol i would read it all but i have a headache and trying hard to reply to all my rps lol

----------

hey can i be a very special mage? *evil grin*

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Awwww. Second post. D:

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 02:19 PM

So for these classes, I've been working on their abilities and whatnot as you can tell if you've been to the IC thread. Now, should I offer less specializations that offer more abilities? Like combining elemental and primal would be an example of that, more abilities are born from it. Or, should I keep it as is where you have more specializations that offer fewer abilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameika
[imgright]http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af294/Ameika/anime_girl2-1.jpg[/imgright]"The world is full of secrets and mystery....it is up to us to discover them."

Hana Lee Yukuza
___Elf/Vampire
яαηk: Mages
gεηdεя: Female
ρяεfεяεηcε: Straight
αgε: Twenty-One (appears about eightteen)
εyε cσℓσя: Golden
нαιя cσℓσя: White
нειgнт/ωειgнт: Five Foot Six inches/One Hundred Forty Pounds

¬ Personality: Hana is a very sweet girl with a kind disposition, she can be feisty, she is a rather happy person so it is hard to see her as a threat. She tends to be shy around others and people that she does not know, is a caring, loving person who is friendly. Shy is rather timid and speaks ina small voice, for a mage that is suppose to be confident, well she isn’t very confident in the very less.

¬ History: Hana was raised as a mage in a rather remote place, she knows about the templars and how they hunt down her kind but she never really ran into them while growing up in the forest. Since she was part elf and part vampire she can‘t really be with the elves since she isn‘t completely elf but that never hurt her, after all she rather stay in her seclude area even if she was curious about the rest of the world. Safety is far more important, but that didn‘t mean that she didn‘t watch people as much as she could, always wondering when she would be found or caught, or even if she would find love, which was a feign concept.

She maybe part vampire but she is just mainly anemic, she doesn't really suck blood unless she uses her magic, but even then she doesn't like it, she can be out in the day light even though the sun hurts her eyes, with her pale skin, she is sensitive to the light, but all in all she is pretty normal compared to other vampires.

¬ Talent: Primal
¬ Specialization: Shapeshifter
¬ Likes: Singing, music, nature
¬ Dislikes: hates fighting, mean/rude people, when she is made fun of, when her friends are made fun of
¬ Odd Quirks: she has to drink the blood of a fellow mage (hope that works lol)
¬ Weapon of Choice: staff
Ameika

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 04-27-2011 at 10:43 AM..

Wavi

Old 03-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Uhhhh. Hmmm. No idea. X3

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 02:24 PM

Why can no one help me with this? XD :gonk: And this is why it shall take a while to get going XP

Templars are religious warriors that enforce the laws onto the mages. They are expected to act without remorse and to not view these people as people but rather as their responsibility. That does not always happen though.

Templars go through a ten year training process before reaching full knighthood. They also have abilities that are special to just templars and are primarily directed to their job in handling the mages.

The ranks for the Templars are:
Recruit - beginner templars that are still mastering their basic abilities, they may or may not have an ability tree yet, but could have a specialization
Knights - the second tier, they have begun learning and mastering all in their ability and specialization trees
Commanding Officer - the elders, they have completely mastered their ability and specialization trees
Knight-Commander - highest rank of all templars, hands out order to the others

All templars have the following abilities:
•Righteous Strike - each hit to a mage drains the mage's magic
•Cleanse Aura - purges area of magic, dispelling effects from those nearby
•Mental Fortress - mental resistance increases
•Holy Smite - strikes out with righteous fire, inflicts spirit damage on target and nearby enemies. if target is a mage additional damage is dealt as well as magic being drained. enemies hit are stunned or thrown back
They can also pick from one of the following ability trees:

Dual Weapon
►Dual Striking - templar sweeps both weapons at the same time causing more damage
►Riposte - first strike deals normal damage with the possibility of stunning while the second hit is much stronger
►Cripple - templar strikes the target low trying to cripple target, decreasing speed, attack, and damage
►Punisher - three blows are made against the target, first two dealing normal damage, third stronger with possibility of knockback
►Dual-Weapon-Sweep - both weapons are swept at the target dealing more damage than normal
►Flurry - unleashes are flurry of three blows dealing normal damage
►Momentum - one attack can be led into another gaining speed
►Whirlwind - character spins with weapons dealing damage to those around them
►Dual-Weapon-Sweep Training - off-hand weapon deals more damage than before
►Dual-Weapon Finesse - attack and defense increase
►Dual-Weapon Expert - more powerful attacks possible as well as a likeliness for worse wounds
►Dual-Weapon Mastery - can wield full-sized weapons in both hands, attacks also take less energy

Archery
►Melee Archer - can fire arrows without interruption
►Aim - more likely to hit, increase in damage, attack and armor penetration
►Defensive Fire - different stance to increase defense, though lower rate of fire
►Master Archer - deadly with bows and crossbows, abilities gain more damage, attack and armor penetration
►Pinning Shot - a shot at the targets legs in an attempt to pin them place
►Crippling Shot - targeted to reduce attack and damage of the target
►Critical Shot - aimed to weakness in armor to deal greater damage
►Arrow of Slaying - much more powerful shots that is targeted at weak points
►Rapid Shot - arrows fired more rapidly, though deal less damage than normal
►Shattering Shot - aimed at a weak spot in the target's armor in an attempt to open it further
►Suppressing Fire - a flurry of arrows shot at a group that deal normal damage and reduce attack to targets
►Scattershot - single arrow that upon hitting the target, stuns them. arrow then shatters to hit nearby targets with the same effect

Weapon and Shield
►Shield Bash - templar hits the target with their shield dealing damage and knocking them off their feet
►Shield Pummel - templar hits target with their shield twice stunning them
►Overpower - target is hit three times with the shield, can be knocked back from the third hit
►Assault - target is hit four times with the shield, each time dealing less damage however
►Shield Block - enemies cannot flank the templar with the shield
►Shield Cover - greater possibility of deflecting projectiles
►Shield Tactics - templar can defend self with shield from all angles
►Shield Mastery - all shield abilities gain additional benefits
►Shield Defense - defensive stance is taken, greater chance to shrug off projectiles
►Shield Balance - templar no longer suffers from reduction in attack while in a defensive stance
►Shield Wall - bonuses to armor and greater chance to shrug off projectiles
►Shield Expertise - defense bonuses to shield defense and immune to knockdown attack with shield wall

Two-handed
►Mighty Blow - more weight and effort behind a single strike
►Powerful Swings - damage increases per strike though attack and defense are reduced
►Two-Handed Strength - attack and defense penalties are reduced thanks to learning how to wield two-handed weapons better
►Two-Handed Sweep - weapon is swung in a vicious arc damaging and knocking back those it hits
►Pommel Strike - templar strikes with the blunt end of the weapon to knock the target back
►Indomitable - templar remains in control gaining increase to attack and becoming immune to knock down effects or stuns
►Stunning Blows - each strike has a chance to stun the target
►Critical Strike - a massive swing at the target, possible death outright if target is weak enough
►Sunder Arms - templar tries to hinder the target's ability to fight back
►Shattering Blows - can deal greater damage to stone creatures as well as becoming more powerful near death
►Sunder Armor - templar targets destroying target's armor or natural defenses
►Destroyer - each attack reduces armor, few can stand against these blows

Tempars are also granted the ability to learn one of the following:

Berserker
►Berserk - stench of blood and death drives berserker into a fury increasing damage
►Resilience - increases nature resistance
►Constraint - templar can control rages to reduce penalties to energy
►Final Blow - all energy goes into a single swing, if the blow connects, great amount of damage is done

Champion
►War Cry - a fearsome cry that reduces nearby enemies' attack
►Rally - templar's presence inspires allies increasing attack and damage
►Motivate - attack and defense for nearby allies increases more
►Superiority - War Cry knocks back nearby enemies

Reaver
►Devour - templar takes in energy from the fallen restoring health
►Frightening Appearance - target cowers in fear, taunt and threaten also become more effective
►Aura of Pain - templar radiates an aura of pain taking occasional damage, but so do nearby enemies
►Blood Frenzy - driven by pain, damage increases as health decreases

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 03-22-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Wavi

Old 03-16-2011, 02:35 PM

Ha ha. Sorry, but I haven't the slightest clue what you were asking. ^^; Dragon Age falls outside my realm of games. If it were Black Ops, Borderlands, or FFXII/FFXIII, then I could help.

----------

Wait, so is its game play like... Fable's?

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 PM

From what I've seen of Fable I guess so? I haven't seen much XD

But I know in DA, the first one, there were fewer ability specialization choices. I'll just use that word even though it's wrong for the game XP Like all the elemental abilities were in one branch, not split up like in the second. I didn't know if I should combine them or not. I also have to look into other games and whatnot to broaden out the abilities a bit more too XP

Wavi

Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 PM

Oi. Too confusing. XD
Can you draw it out? Like make a level hierarchy or something?

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM

yea Dragon age is very simular to Fable and you almost play it the same way but i think you can give the option of of branching it out of not i don't know you should make a tree of it >.>

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 09:28 PM

In DA: O, the first one, you had the default mage abilities like arcane bolt, arcane shield, staff focus, and arcane mastery. Then you had:

Primal: flame blast, flaming weapons, fireball, inferno, lightning, shock, tempest, chain lightning, rock armor, stone fist, earthquake, petrify, winter's grasp, frost weapons, cone of cold, and blizzard.

Creation: glyph of paralysis, glyph of warding, glyph of repulsion, glyph of neutralization, heal, rejuvenate, regeneration, mass rejuvenate, heroic offense, heroic aura, heroic defense, haste, spell wisp, grease, spellbloom, and stinging swarm

Spirit: mana drain, mana cleanse, spell might, mana clash, mind blast, force field, telekinetic weapons, crushing prison, spell shield, dispel magic, anti-magic ward, anti-magic burst, walking bomb, death syphon, virulent walking bomb, and animate dead

Entropy: disorient, horror, sleep, walking nightmare, drain life, death magic, curse of mortality, death cloud, vulnerability hex, affliction hex, misdirection hex, death hex, weakness, paralyze, miasma, and mass paralysis

*Arcane: combat magic (can use swords and armor), aura of might, shimmering shield, and fade shroud

*Blood: blood magic (casting with blood rather than magic), blood sacrifice, blood wound, blood control

*Shapeshifter: spider shape, bear shape, flying swarm, master shapeshifter

*Spirit healer: group heal, revival, lifeward, cleansing aura

*The last 4 are what the game considers specializations while you can learn abilities from any of the above trees.

In DA:2 you have:

Elemental: cone of cold, winter's grasp, firestorm, elemental mastery

Primal: stonefist, chain lightning, tempest, rock armor, petrify

Spirit: spirit bolt, walking bomb, death syphon, dispel magic

Arcane: elemental weapons, arcane shield, mind blast, barrier, crushing prison

Entropy: horror, hex of torment, entropic cloud, sleep, misdirection hex

Creation: heal, glyph of paralysis, glyph of repulsion, heroic aura

Blood: sacrifice, grave robber, blood magic, one foot in, hemorrhage

*Vengeance: panacea, vengeance, aid allies, regroup, blood of my enemy, martyr, swift justice, and wrath

*Dalish Pariah: blood of the first, wrath of the Elvhen, stone's throw, ensnare, and solidarity

*Force mage: unshakable, fist of the maker, maker's hammer, maker's fury, gravitic ring, telekinetic burst, and pull of the abyss

*Spirit healer: healing aura, vitality, second chance

*4 other classes in there that I was not sure about adding.

What I was thinking, is if looking at DA: O, only let people have one, but if 2, let people get 2? I dunno >.<

Last edited by ISOS Duke; 03-17-2011 at 02:35 AM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM

O.O that is a lot

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 11:34 PM

Yeah >.< And trying to get all that typed before going to school was hard XD

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 PM

yea i can understand how that must have been for you since you had to think alot and then type it all up i am surprised your fingers don't hurt or something

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Oh no, I didn't have to think XD I have the game guides for both games XD It was just a matter of reading and typing it all XD My fingers didn't hurt either; I'm used to typing a lot more than that XD

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 11:40 PM

>.> okay fine for use lazy people it would have killed us lol :)

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 PM

I love writing, that's just how that goes XD

So how do you think we should roll the abilities?

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 PM

welll it would be interesting to combine the two but i think it would be more fun to have fewer specializations and more abilites that you can create you know? becauwse creating things would be very interesting but then people would go haywire with that so the specializations with fewer abilites would be the safest to insure no god moding

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM

That's why I want to use specializations; it helps keep god-modding down a little bit XD Hopefully people will realize that magic isn't free to use XD

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 PM

yea i hope so also lol so you can do the specializations to help cut down on god-moding

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 AM

I don't even know how much interest there is in this roleplay >.< There have been about 40 people looking at it, well, views anyway, but no one else has ventured in here...

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 AM

hmm i don't know what to tell Ascadellia plans to join with two people if that helps and she is a great rper

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 AM

I know she is XDDDDDD

You should get them in here so I know how to finish this up! Once I figure out the talents then I can post the skeletons. I just don't want to put them up and have people work on them if I'm gonna change things that are going in it.

I could always add more Mage stuff and Templar stuff. I know that it says Paladin, but it's similar in this case XD If we use the longer list that it's not really needed, but I could always try to fit them in somewhere XP

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 AM

lol hmm that is true i will go and pull her in here so she can help out also:)

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 AM

Oh gosh, any help is GREATLY appreciated at this point XD

Why do I put so much work into these roleplays >.<