poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 PM

• Aw, I see. Well I suggest listening to it all the way through when you get it ;).

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-23-2007, 01:34 PM

currently listening to >w<

I liked track 2, and I looked at the title & realized it was one of the tracks you mentioned *o* ouu
I'm at When I Come Around now..I swear I've heard this before on the radio >__> and I always thought American Idiot was the first song I've heard from them oAo;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-23-2007, 04:02 PM

• Yeah, a lot of people are like that. When I Come Around is on the radio a lot, lol. All the songs on there except for Maria, Poprocks and Coke, and J.A.R. they're all singles so they've all been on the radio at some point.

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-23-2007, 10:23 PM

the only other song I recognized was Good Riddance/Time of your Life..I never knew it was Green Day singing it~ *_____*
the rest of the songs I don't recognize though >_>;

anyhow thanks for referring me to the CD, I'll be listening to it for quite a while now xD ♥ really like~<33

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 PM

• Hey, you're very welcome, I love getting new people into them, haha. Good thing you liked it, haha. Any other songs that stick out for you?

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2007, 05:21 AM

They're....ok :roll:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:25 AM

• My goodness. What don't you like about them?

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2007, 05:27 AM

:P

Naw, dey's my favorite.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 AM

• Oh, I see. Well, that's good :). What's your favorite album/song/member?

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2007, 05:32 AM

I can't pick a favorite, lol. Depends on the day and my mood.

All are superb without a doubt. :D

And same with the members....though I do have a special thing for Billie Joe. :oops:

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:33 AM

• Aw, I know how you feel, I'm the same way :oops:. It's okay, though, so long as you aren't hating anyone.

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2007, 05:36 AM

Not at all :)

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:41 AM

• That's good, then :).
    How do you feel about the Saints are Coming cover?

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2007, 05:46 AM

I love it :) One of those songs I play over and over and over.

Billie Joe's voice in the beginning melts me.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-03-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet`s playground
  • YES. I finally finished my collection of their albums <33333. I finally got 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.
NOFAIR!!!!!!! i envy you greatlyyyyy -lolenvyisthecolorofgreen,yourhairisgreen,greenday! !!hahahahaokaybadpun-

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netverk_Southpaw
I love it :) One of those songs I play over and over and over.

Billie Joe's voice in the beginning melts me.

• Me too, so many times on end.

@Scorpion: :) You'll get 'em all eventually, probably. And yes, I love the color Green as well as the band ;).

Kain
*^_^*
n/a

Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 AM

Hmm, kind of mixed feelings about GreenDay.

They do have rather decent songs and lyrics, compared to other bands out there nowadays but the emo image always sticks with me. ><" At least they're better than Panic At The Disco!....

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-03-2007, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain
Hmm, kind of mixed feelings about GreenDay.

They do have rather decent songs and lyrics, compared to other bands out there nowadays but the emo image always sticks with me. ><" At least they're better than Panic At The Disco!....

• Emo image?
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the connection.
    And hey, Billie's five years short of twice Brendon from Panic!'s age, and the band has been around in some form for almost as long as he's been alive. They kickstarted the mainstream re-introduction of pop-punk (or whatever one would have you call it) and are probably a good deal responsible for much of the music, good and bad, on the scene today. Many such bands love Green Day. At any rate, I don't see the emo. I mean, I see the annoyed perception of emo, but I don't actually see it >.<;;.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-04-2007, 11:11 PM

• I hope it's okay that I'm double posting >.<;;.

Anyone hear about how they're gonna be in the Simpsons movie?

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 AM

Ohohoh! *raises hand* I have!

Do we really have to wait until July? :(

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-05-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netverk_Southpaw
Ohohoh! *raises hand* I have!

Do we really have to wait until July? :(

• Yay!

Aw, I know, honestly.
    Well... maybe it'll sustain us until the next album.
    And geeze, Heart Like a Hand Grenade
    And the American Idiot movie.
    Fuck, we're expecting a lot from those guys.
    *petpets them* keep going!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 04:44 AM

• Who's seen any of their acting?
    Billie was in the show "haunted" and he was also in the Chris Isaak Show, well, actually, all three of htem were, but he was in it the most...
    And they're in an episode of King of the Hill in the 90s, and they're going to be in the Simpsons movie, at least for a cameo...

Netverk_Southpaw
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 04:48 AM

Billie's acting XD

Hehe. And also they did that thing on Jimmy Kimmel where they sang Jingle Bells XD

Starburstnova
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-11-2007, 04:58 AM

I didn't know Poprocks And Coke was about Joey and Jakob! :o
I guess it's true that you learn something new every day.

GRR. HEART LIKE A HAND GRENADE NEEDS TO COME OUT. NOW.
SO DOES THEIR NEXT ALBUM.

At VERY least the next Network album, but I'd much prefer a new Green Day album after all this waiting. Seriously, they'd better release them at the same time.

Haunted = <33
I loved that.

"The ponies'll kill ya."

He's actually a pretty good actor. Of course, I'd never want him to give up music for acting. Or take time away from making music to act, even in only for a little bit. xP

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-11-2007, 05:04 AM

• Yeah, haha... I don't think acting's his thing. I mean, the times he's acted it's been a one-time thing, or it's been for a friend or something. Seriously, next album and Heart Like a Hand Grenade NEEED to come out. NOW. *demands*. *tantrums*. Get your ass hopping, Armstrong!
    A new Network album would be simply amazing.
    But of course...
    That has nothing to do with Green Day *shifty*.
    When it comes out, we can say:
    "I've been waiting a long time for this moment to come"
    [/nerd].
    Yeah, I guess Poprocks and Coke is about Joey and Jakob... we talked about it on Gaia before XD.