Skulduggery
Did you know the sparrow flies s...
Penpal

Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 PM

was heading to a store, at least I think it was a store... I don't know what it sells, but my Parents told me I had to go. We got there and I saw little creatures inside. Not like pet creatures, but actual Creatures, little beasts. This is the difference between My world, and Yours, you have pet shops, and I have monster shops. I sighed. "Alright, let's go." This is my birthday present, but the truth is, I don't want something to look after. I'm to busy everyday. "Honey," My mom started, "aren't you excited?" My father finished. I nodded, and put on my best cheerful face. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I answered. My black bangs falling over my left eye. I looked at the shop, and got out of the car, sighing. I pushed my bangs back in place, and walked up to the shop. My parents ahead of me, dad opened the door and let us in. They went over to talk to the cashier as I went over to look at them. They were all laying on the floor, sleeping. I looked at a few Purple and Green Mini Goglfits, and shook my head. 'Sorry' I mouthed to them, even though they were sleeping. I looked at all of them, but only one caught my eye. He looked like anything but a monster. He looked normal, except for the weird thing attached to his side. It looked like an unborn, old, dead person. And when I looked at his face, my heart skipped a beat. Short blond messy hair, Black shirt, pants, and a long black cloak resting on his shoulders. "Him..." I whispered, and my dad walked up to me. "What was that, Lydie?" "I want Him." I pointed to him. "Now, now, are you sure? Ya' know, Frank said that his kind is the most dangerous." "I'm sure, dad." I answered sternly. "Alright, I'll go tell Frank." And he walked away. I looked back at the Blondie, and saw him staring/glaring at me. "Hello, I'm Lydia. Who are you?" He shook his head, and mumbled out a "Ivan." I smiled at Ivan, and my parents came up. "Well, seeing as he can't it in the cage, we'll need to carry him by hand." Dad said, and Ivan looked at him like he was crazy. "What the heck?! No way, man!" My mom looked at Ivan. "Then how else are we going to take you with us?" "I can WALK." Ivan yelled, blond hair falling over his face. "Yes, dad, he can walk." I told dad, and my mom shook her head saying "Fine, but only if you trust him." Frank, the cashier, went over and helped Ivan out. After that, we headed out to the car as dad paid.

We got out of the car, and dad grabbed Ivan's arm to pull him inside. I rolled my eyes, "Dad, no need to be harmful." Dad looked at me, deciding something. Then he let go of Ivan's arm, and walked inside. I looked over to Ivan, smiled apologetically, and mouthed 'Sorry.' I opened the door for him to go inside, and I followed after him. Ivan turned to me and said "You do realize how cruel this is, right? I mean, how people call Me the monster, when it's actually just my brother." He gestured toward the.. thing.. on his side.

I woke up and looked at the floor, where Ivan should be sleeping. But I found nothing, so I walked out of my room and saw him trying to leave. "And where do you think you're going?" I asked, and he mumbled something to low for my hearing. I walked over, and grabbed his cloak. "I don't think so, my parents would be P.O.ed." He turned to me "You think I give a crap?" He smiled slightly, then said "Goodbye, Lydia." And jumped out the window. I watched him jump, and I thought he splattered on the ground."No!" I ran to the window, and looked out. But there was no sign of his death, so I looked up and saw him running. How could he live, from jumping out of the top window, on a four level house? I got my jacket, and started going downstairs to chase him, but I remembered my parents. I ran to their room and yelled through the door "MOM! DAD! IVAN RAN AWAY!" Dad opened the door. "He what?" I rolled my eyes. "He RAN AWAY!" I ran off, not even caring if I left them their or not. I ran to my friend's house, and she allowed me to drive her car.. Only if she's riding in it, that is. I started it, and quickly drove off. I stopped at the store, and asked Frank if he knew anything about Ivan that could help me. He told me a few things, like how his brother died years ago, and is living on Ivan trying to revive himself, how his parents died with his brother, in London, England, and how he has a girlfriend there. I looked at Ashley, my friend, and told her we had to go to London. She shook her head, "Lydia, that's way to far. My mom would literally KILL me." "Ash, I have to. And if you can't go, don't. All I know is I need him back as soon as possible. I'm sorry." "Why are you acting like this? I mean, you've never even cared when Nick, or Xavier ran away. What's different now?" "I don't know... But, I have to go, sorry Ash." With that, I zoomed out of the shop, and into the car. I started it and went to London.

I searched everywhere, but found nothing. I climbed up onto a roof, going to look all over the city, but still, nothing. And then I heard a few yells coming toward me. I looked toward it, and suddenly Ivan and some girl flew over my head on skateboards. I watched, and then ran after them. After a moment of reaching for him, I finally caught his cloak and he stopped moving. "Ivan," I looked at him, then noticed something wrong. "where is your brother?" "Gone, he finally brought himself to life, and took off." I shook my head "What exactly is he?" He blinked. "You didn't know? He's a vampire, silly." I looked into his dark grey, almost black eyes. "And what are you?" "Well, I'm kinda.. Quarter of vampire. Mos-" The girl put her hand on his shoulder, looking at me. "Who is this, Ivan?" She had purple snakes for hair, and purple eyes. But the thing that stood out most, is the ring on her left hand. "-tly human." He finished. "It doesn't matter, Zafnat." I stare at her, and I can't help but feel a pain in my heart. I don't know what it is, but I do know shouldn't be feeling it. I covered it up by laughter. "Zafnat?! What kind of name is that?!" She growled at me, and I suddenly stopped laughing. Ivan looked around. "Well, babe, we should get going." I grabbed him again. "No, you're not leaving again." Ivan looked at my hand, and shook his head. "Let go." "No." "I said, let go." "And I said, no." "Let GO!" I shook my head, and picked him up. That's the thing about my world, it has everything your world has, but you can pick anything up easily. "You're coming back with me." Zafnat looked at me like I was crazy. "You're not taking him Anywhere." "Yes I am, my father paid for him." I hopped off of the roof, it hurt, but I couldn't carry him and climb back down at the same time. I got in the car, and put him next to me. "...Don't I get a say in this?.." Ivan finally said something. "No." "Say something besides 'No'." "Never, Negatory, Nope, Not yet." He rolled his eyes, and I smiled the slightest bit. "Do you want to hurt me, Ivan?" He looked at me. "Of course, you just took me away from my fiance'." I stuck my arm out. "Here, do whatever you want."

I came back to the shop, and got Ashley, then headed to my house after I dropped her and her car off. I was dragging Ivan with me. "Why did you care if I was gone or not?" I looked at him. "I don't know." He smiled at me, "Oh, I do." I raised my eyebrows at him. "And what is that, mister know-it-all?" He chuckled, something I've never heard from him before. "I think..... You love me." "Psh, yeah right!" I responded, but I couldn't tell if it was true or not. "Oh, then what would you say that little.. feeling.. was when we saw each other?...You're blushing." I bit my cheeks, "Wait, you... felt that too?" He smiled at me. "Of course, I mean, it is what the prophecy said, anyways." "Wait, what?!" "When I was gone, I did some... Research, trying to find out what that feeling was." "...Then, I guess i shouldn't have let you hurt me." "What do you mean?" "Well, when I was a kid, I did some research of my own. On vampires." "I'm only a qu-" "It doesn't matter. When any type of Vampire hurts a human, they have to follow that humans demands, or die." His eyes widened. "You want to kill me?" "Heck no. I was only going to make you stay." He shook his head, "Man, you're weird." "Weird? Me? Yeah right."

I was about to fall asleep, when Ivan walked in and over to his spot on the floor. "Ivan, you don't have to sleep on the floor." "Where else?" "We do have a guest room." Ivan's eye lit up. "Really? That's great! My back was beginning to hurt.." I giggled. "No problem, it's the level below, the first door you see on the right." He nodded, and began walking out. "Goodnight, Lydia." And then I didn't see him again for the night.

I woke up to Ivan's face, and screamed. He fell off of me, laughing. "It's not funny!" I slapped his arm. "What are you doing here, anyways?" He stopped laughing, and looked at me. "I dumped her. I dumped Zafnat." I blinked. "Why?!" "Because, I couldn't do this, if I was still with her." He leaned over and pecked me on the lips. Then got off the bed, and kneeled down on one knee. "Lydia, would you do me the honor of being my wife?" I blinked, clueless, then smiled. "Yes!!!!" I jumped into his arms, hugging him. "Great!" He smiled, and hugged me back.

It was the day of my wedding day, the day of my birthday, and Christmas day. It was time for me to walk down the isle. My dad opened the door for me to go through, then started walking me down. I looked at Ivan, and saw the most handsome man in the world. He looked like a prince, instead of his usual Bad boy look. I got up there, and smiled at him. He smiled down at me, then turned to face the guy that's supposed to marry us. "...We gather here today, to join Ivan Anthony Young and Lydia Jaylee Gracelend... If there is anyone who thinks these two should not be together,speak now, or forever hold their peace." Silence "Repeat after me, I Lydia, take Ivan to be my lawfully wedded husband." "I, Lydia, take Ivan to be my lawfully wedded Husband." "Now Ivan, repeat after me, I, Iva-" "I, Ivan, take Lydia to be my lawfully wedded wife. To hold and to cherish, through the good times and the bad." Ivan looked at me "I love you." He glared at Ivan, "I'm guessing I don't have to say the next pa-" "I do." "I do." His eye twitched. "You may now kiss the bride." Ivan leaned over, and kissed me sweetly.

For the full 'gossip' visit Skulduggery's 'About Me'.

Reviews on Skuduggery

"First of all, write a haiku for Skulduggery!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korn View Post
This man with a rose
searches for someone to love -
at a wedding. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Curious eater
Of the floral persuasion
Rose, om nom nom nom.
"What's he thinking?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
"Oh yes! A rose plus wine! Papa goin get some tonight!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"Now to figure out how I'm going to drink this punch with this rose in my mouth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
"Don't I look like quite the dapper prince charming! ;D"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporcle View Post
"I'm fancier than all of you."
"I heard he was put into detention for.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
The user above me was put into detention for making moves on the teachers. YOU'RE HERE TO LEARN, DAMMIT, NOT SEDUCE THE STAFF!
Quote:
The user above was thrown into detention because the roses he brought caused a mass attack on the students with pollen allergies. For shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
The user above me was put in detention for flirting with the teacher! She found him laying on her desk with a roar in his mouth.

"What was the first thing you noticed about him?
Quote:
New curtains!
Quote:
The white curtains. Or drapes. Or whatever they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
I see the sea of red roses.
"He's quite the player; why did YOU divorce him?"
Quote:
"Because he never shares his spiced wine. T>T THA HORRORO!" "Oh and if the wine wasn't enough he was a cover hog!!"
Quote:
Flowers are not part of a well balanced diet, contrary to a certain someone's belief. Sure, he made breakfast in bed, but it was usually something weird like a dandelion salad. We went to a friend's wedding together and he sat there eating the table arrangements and ignoring the perfectly good meal provided to us. It was humiliating! I can't live with this anymore!
Quote:
I divorced Skulduggery because he lost his sense of wonder and replaced it with expensive trinkets. Don't you know that money can't buy happiness? I mean, not that I'm not going to divorce you and receive half of your finances or anything, but--oh, look! A cat!
Quote:
I just couldn't stand the smell of roses anymore! Rose scented cologne. Rose scented breath. Rose petal candies. Rose colored curtains. I was surrounded by roses of every shade and description and just couldn't handle it anymore!

"Pick one word to describe him."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikarasu View Post
suave
Quote:
Playboy ;P