PYPMule

Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 AM

:!: Welcome to the Post Ya Pics Contest and Hangout thread! We're a friendly bunch in here, and you're more than welcome to post up pictures of yourself on a casual basis even if you dont enter the contests. We're here for fun and laughter, not to tell you you're ugly or somesuch! Come and join in, have a chat and get to know us all!

NOTE: PYPMule is just that, a Mule account, created for thread maintenance. This account does not participate in any of the contests or the thread itself. This account and all thread banners were created by Assassin_666

:!: Thread Moderation Team:
-PYPMule/Assassin_666
-Kah Hilzen-Ec

Do as these individuals instruct you within the thread please. They can also collectively override the outcome of contests in the event of an 'unfair winning', as explained below.

Quote:
:!: General Thread Rules
  • Do not flame/abuse other posters or their pictures. If you have nothing positive to say, then shut the hell up! (constructive criticism excepted)
  • You do not have to post pictures of yourself to partake in this thread, though it is encouraged! We all like to stickybeak at what the users behind the accounts look like and what they get up to!
  • If you have an idea for a contest theme/style, then by all means, post it up or PM this account!
  • Photos must be of yourself, and within the ToS and Rules and Guidelines of Menewsha.
  • This is a Post Ya Pics thread, and chances are, you'll get little acknowledgement or welcome if people have to go and browse your profile because you're too lazy to post the picture here yourself.
  • I reserve the right to add or change rules as circumstances dictate.
Quote:
:!: Photo Competition Rules
  • All competions will have an entry fee, stipulated at the start of the competion. This fee must be paid before any submitted photos will be entered into the contest. The fee must be paid to PYPMule.
  • All entries into the contests must fill out an Entry Form (found in this post) and PM it to PYPMule for processing. Images sent without the necessary details will not be entered.
  • All competitions will require TWO (2) photos of yourself in the theme/style of the competition, to be eligible for entry. This makes it hard for fakers.
  • Image sizes should be no larger than 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high. Generally, the bigger your picture, the better, because the more of you we can see!
  • ANYONE caught posting fake pictures of themselves in the competitions shall be immediately reported to the Mods/Admins. This is considered to be the same as scamming in the view of the competition.
  • Each competiton will have a set amount of enterants, no more shall be added, its a first come, first served system.
  • Competitions will be judged by the public, who will vote via a Thread Poll once the competition starts. At the end of voting, the winner shall be posted up by PYPMule, and their entry added to the Winners List!
  • Enterants may NOT offer people payments of ANY kind in exchange for votes. Payments are not limited to gold, items or art, etc. You may ask people to vote for you, but only where allowed. Use of a signature request for votes is also allowed.
  • Simple photoshopping of images is allowed. Nothing excessive though. A PM shall be sent regarding your entry if it is deemed to be too much photoshopping. The aim is to have a natural looking image as much as possible, cleaning up the image is fine.
  • Clearly no breaking the laws of your country/state/province. I dont want people getting arrested for tresspassing or something just to get a funny photo! Bend them a little if you must...
  • In the event of tied or unfair winnings then the thread moderation team reserves the right to use their joint descretion to superceede the poll results and declare a winner. Unfair winnings is something like a poorer image beating a clearly superior image only because they have a larger friends base to call upon to vote for them, etc.
  • All competitions shall now be voted on in a separate thread with a new poll. Links shall be provided, and enterants pictures will be placed in both threads for ease of viewing and voting. The voting thread shall be in the Word Games forum. Each voting thread will link to this parent thread. This will still be our main thread, and once voting is ended, the threads shall be locked.

NB: The contestants entry photos will be saved to Assassin_666's PhotoBucket account for the duration of the contest. They shall all be posted in clickable thumbnail forms to view the full sized images (800x600 max size). The images shall be removed once the contest is over except for the Contest Winners, who will be placed in the Winners list at the bottom of this post so that others can see what sort of competitions we have had and what sort of photos have won in the past!
Quote:
:!: Entry Form:
PM this form to PYPMule and send a Donation or Trade with your entry fee at the same time. You will recieve a confirmation of payment and acceptance into the contest via a reply PM from PYPMule.

[b]Account Name:[/b]
[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Picture 1:[/b]
[b]Picture 2:[/b]
Quote:
Contest theme suggestions:
-Food
-Pets
-Favourite Places
-Colour Items
Competition Info:

THEME:
ENTRY FEE:
ENTRY SLOTS:
PRIZE: 1000.00g

:!: Entrants:

Account Name:
Your Name:
Picture 2:

THEME: Black and White Photos
Quote:
Account Name: YamiSora
Your Name: Sora
Picture 1:

Picture 2:
THEME: Colour Items- RED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiSora
Object: Roses
Picture 1:

Picture 2:

The Contests of 2010!

SPOILERX

Contest Theme: Funniest Poses
Prize: 1,000g (In this case, the prize money was split between the two winners)

SPOILERX

TIED WITH:
Account Name: The Real Nikki
Account Name: LaVida
Your Name: Katie
Your Name: Sunny D.
Picture 1:
Picture 1:
Picture 2:
Picture 2:

Contest Theme: Easter! Prize: 1,000g

SPOILERX

Account Name: The Real Nikki
Your Name: Katie
Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Contest Theme: 'When I Grow Up I Want To Be...' Prize: 1,000g

SPOILERX

When I grow up I want to be: an Angel
Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Contest Theme: 'Your Cosplays!' Prize: 1,000g

SPOILERX

Cosplay Character: Sora from Kingdom Hearts II
Picture 1:

Picture 2:

HALLOWEEN!
Prize:1000.00g + SPECIAL GIFT OF 2x Toffy Candy Stick(a) (Split between both winners)

SPOILERX

TIED WITH:
Account Name: sdgfam08
Account Name:Cursed
Your Name: sam
Your Name: Miko
Costume: I was going for a priate. ^^
Costume: Silent Hill Nurse
Picture 1:
Picture 1:
Picture 2:
Picture 2:

Last edited by PYPMule; 12-12-2011 at 09:21 AM..

YourInMyHeart93
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2010, 01:05 PM

This looks like it shall be fun.. I shall keep an eye out for the first contest..

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Good stuff! Are you going to enter, YourInMyHeart93?

Heres a .gif i made of myself some time ago. Was a lot of fun!

YourInMyHeart93
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-28-2010, 01:54 PM

I may enter i'm not to sure yet..

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-28-2010, 02:31 PM

Well id be happy if you entered, itll be a good laugh and lots of fun!

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 02-28-2010, 04:55 PM

OH MY FSM that .gif is oh so hilarious! Good thing I'm alone or my sister would have asked about my dorky laughing xD

YamiSora
~

Old 02-28-2010, 06:24 PM

ooo this seems like it'll be fun! Sora shall stick around! ^^
and awesome .gif Assassin! ;DD
I wanna do one too, but no idea how XP

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 02-28-2010, 08:17 PM

Hehe thanks guys and gals! I had a lot of fun making that one!

@ Kah Hilzin-Ec: Dorky laughter? Post a pic of it? That could be a contest theme maybe later on! A photo of yourself laughing! Itd be a real challenge, but there'd be some really funny photos im sure!!!

@ Sora: I used an old program called Microsoft Gif Animator. It takes a little bit to get used to, but its good fun once you get the hang of it! I'm glad to hear that you'll be hanging around too! The more the merrier!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM

/is a pic hoar.
/doesn't want to enter a contest though because she'll lose.

:lol:

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 02-28-2010, 10:09 PM

AWESOME gif assassin!

Krokodil
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Krokodil Send a message via MSN to Krokodil

Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 PM

Me and Weech already talked about this and we will definitely enter !
We just hope we can come up with good ideas.

YamiSora
~

Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 PM

@Assassin: oh ok i thought it's be a specific program for that XP

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Awwww c'mon MonMon! You gots ta entah! Id enter... cept that i cant because itd look suss if the creator won his own contest now! LOL!

Im getting a psychic vibe from... erm... somewhere... its telling me... the contest... it will be something funny... a funny something, a stance maybe, a position, in a place of some sort? THATS IT!

It will be a funny pose competition! People can come up with what ever funny poses theyd like, where ever they want. You can get dressed up, or just go casual it doesnt matter! Clearly no breaking the laws of your country/state/province what ever. (i should add that to the rules too i think!) I dont want people getting arrested for tresspassing or something just to get a funny photo! One photo must be your pose, the other must be you in the same place, striking another pose if you want, or just standing there. Second photos are just to make it harder to enter fakes... and to give us something else to look at!

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM

When does this contest end? Because if I'll be in Ecuador by then, I'll have the help I need <3

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM

I'll wait until i have the 8 spots filled before i begin i think, unless that drags out, then ill start it before hand. How long till you go to Ecuador Kah?

hahaha, just found this pic i took waking up at a mates farm one morning after a night of partying!
I felt yesterday, how i looked in this pic back then!

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Actually, I have no idea xD I just hope it's at least a week before April starts :|

Ode
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM

I'm totally doing this. When do we start posting? Or can we start at any time? After you decide, do I submit the entry fee, or when I post my pictures?

Last edited by Ode; 03-01-2010 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: mumbles...somehow missed words??

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 AM

Glad to have you on board Ode! You can PM your stuff to PYPMule any time you want, along with your entry fee, ill put the pictures up in a clickable thumbnail form on my PhotoBucket account and put the entries in the first post for viewing until we start the contest!

YamiSora
~

Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 AM

YAY! I shall try the contest! XDD

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-02-2010, 06:19 AM

hehehe awesome! Another contestant! Cant wait to see how people interpret this contest and how their pictures come out!

YamiSora
~

Old 03-02-2010, 06:20 AM

yea rly! Sora hope his aren't to small though XP
there wasn't a size rule that Sora could see anyways

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 AM

a max of 800x600 is what ill accept, but im transferring all the stuff to my photobucket and posting the entries as clickable thumb nails that go to the full sized ones. Usually, the bigger, the better as you get more details.

[EDIT]
Just reworked the first post, cleaned up the coding a bit, and moved some page elements around to make it a bit better. Also added YamiSora as the first ever contestant! Click her thumbnails to see a larger version of her pics!

Last edited by Drop Bear; 03-02-2010 at 07:34 AM..

YamiSora
~

Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM

oh geez, Sora really has to read next time, I thought assassin and PYPmule were two different people geez! XP
my mistake, anyways, YAYZ! thankies! ^^

Drop Bear
The myth or the legend?

Penpal

Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 AM

Well, theyre run by the same fool behind the keyboard unfortunately! PYPMule wont be participating in anything, hes just the thread moderation account. Id like to set up a group of internal thread mods who can access the account to run competitions and perform general thread maintenance. I will use my discretion to pick these people when i feel it is appropriate.

Last edited by Drop Bear; 03-03-2010 at 06:23 AM..

YamiSora
~

Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM

haha Sora sees and thats a good idea for all the mods thing! ^^