YUS!! 7 53.85%
No way in hell... 1 7.69%
The scientists is stupid...damn the scientists!! 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 AM

Vaellor

Eva shook her head once more. She was completely lost on the situation. Socializing had never been her strong point, even when she attempted it when she was younger. She worked her hands, clenching and unclenching on the chair, and cleared her throat once. In a slightly hoarse, gravelly voice, she murmured, "Erm...thanks. I'm Eva." Her face relaxed ever so slightly, so that her expression was passive, though her eyes were still slightly narrowed. Her hands tightened once more as she nervously asked, "Are you with the other scientists? Where is this?" She felt somewhat proud of herself for speaking this much without having someone look at her like she was a disgusting worm. Then again, the attention was still rather disconcerting. Her hands worked on the chair some more and she shifted her gaze to the table rather than looking at Vyrance.

Marsyas
Words are meaningless unless you...
Send a message via MSN to Marsyas

Old 09-07-2010, 12:27 AM

"Eva huh...?" Vyr watched her in her nervousness and couldn't contain a small grin of amusement. Something about her was definitely off and her next question confirmed it, "I have no idea what scientists you are talking about and we are in Vaellor, a place I need to leave really soon if you'd like to come. It's obvious you're not from around here, so where are you from?" Eva seemed to have loosened up a bit although she was still extremely tense which Vyrance found odd. She was almost pale all over but why he had no idea. Deciding that he wasn't all that hungry he pushed his plate of food over to her and sat there sipping on his tea, "Eat up, you need it more than I do." Looking around he tried to locate Feng to see if she was eavesdropping but in the brief glance that he took, he didn't spot her. Maybe she had went to the back, if so that was good, because he had no idea how much longer he would be staying here. This woman was remarkably nervous and it would look bad on him if she didn't calm down soon, "Look, I'm going to be blunt with you... I have no desire to be caught and killed here so I need you to calm yourself down. This is a relatively nice establishment and it would be a shame for me to have to burn it down and kill all of these innocents, but your behavior may push me in that direction. So I place this place and the lives of it's people in your hands." This was a bluff... to an extent. He really had no desire to kill these folks but if his hand was forced he would do so without hesitation.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 AM

((aw, poor Eva, lol :D))

Eva blinked in shock, her eyes narrowing once more. "Vaellor?" She thought. "Where is that? I've never heard of it..." She pried her hands off the chair and began to pick at his plate, just so her hands would have something to do. "New Hampshire, around Salem," she murmured. It was getting easier to speak, she thought. Then, he made his speech about killing everyone and the words died in her mouth. Her eyes shot back into a glare, her face draining of all color from shock. She dropped her hand back down on the table and fisted it. Taking deep breaths, she glared at him fiercely. She reminded herself that she would not be bullied, would not be scared into submission again. She stiffened her spine momentarily, but then sighed and shivered involuntarily. He scared her more than he did. And this one was rather murderous. Her eyes slanted in a glare, she nodded once, trying to tell him that she would behave. She was too scared to speak.

Feng was quietly watching the man and girl when she had the chance. Nothing seemed to be amiss. The girl looked normal, that was sure, but she was also speaking with the man. "She must just be shy," she thought. Still, there was something with the tension in the air that she didn't like. "I'm probably just being paranoid. Again," she thought, but she knew that her paranoia had helped her in the past. She shifted her wait nervously, and missed what someone asked her. He repeated it again, and she blushed, apologized, and took the order before disappearing into the kitchen once more.

Marsyas

Old 09-07-2010, 01:31 AM

(ruthless is fun lol)

Vyr gave the young woman a blank stare when she announced she was from some New Hampshire, he had never heard of a place like that. His eyes narrowed involuntarily, "You don't seem to be lying but this place you speak of doesn't exist..." Why would she make up a random hometown? She doesn't seem like she's hiding anything but now I'm confused. After he had explained his situation to her she went pale again but he had no idea why, he had thought that the bluff was rather obvious even if it was half hearted. Maybe she could tell he had a aptitude for violence even though he avoided it, if so, Eva was more perceptive than she appeared. Letting out a deep sigh he cautiously said, "Look, I wasn't trying to frighten you again, I was just hoping to calm you a bit more. I swear, women are troublesome creatures." He shook his head lightly in a nonchalant manner to help point out it was a joke. "Finish eating, it seems we have much to discuss..." The raven haired demon took another sip of his tea as he sat back in his chair slightly despairing over what to do. He had no idea how to explain a world to a person whom was obviously delusional in some manner. I should've been a bystander instead of leaping in to 'help'. I have no idea what to do with this woman. "Do you have any skills?"

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 AM

Vaellor

"Doesn't exist?" Eva thought blankly. What...? How can it not exist?" She rubbed at her forehead, frustrated and confused. She looked up sharply when he said he was just trying to calm her. "Calm...? That was...calming?" She managed to sputter. "And women[/i] are troublesome?! What's with this guy?"[/i] She was still shaking, completely unnerved by him. "What do we have to discuss?" She thought. Part of her wanted to rise and leave, but her feet felt like they were glue to the ground. Feeling sick, she pushed the plate away from her and turned her face away. She merely shrugged at the question about skills. She wasn't sure she had any herself, unless you counted some self-defense and the ability to scare off others.

Marsyas

Old 09-07-2010, 02:06 AM

Vyrance shook his head, "I have no idea where your delusions have come from but you're obviously sick and we need to get you to a doctor, besides you're paler than a glass of milk sitting in the snow." Aside from her losing color she seemed more energetic now than she had before although it was plain that she was frustrated and confused. Hell, the golden eyed male was too but there was no need to show it, both of them in that state would only bring attention. Besides his calm exterior rarely allowed for him to show his inner feelings even if he admitted to feeling a certain way. Reaching across the table and placing a strong hand gently on hers, which was quite sweaty yet soft from her awkward tendencies, "If you want I can leave you be... or you can come with me when I leave, the choice is yours" His golden gaze was poised to meet hers, his usual cold stare uncharacteristically warm. Unfortunately for him, he had gotten himself into this mess he wanted to see it through but that would require a bit of blind trust until they got to learn one another sadly.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 02:23 AM

Vaellor
Eva glanced up at him, her eyes twin ice shards. "Delusional?" She demanded internally. She bit her lip, shaking with fear, confusion, and anger. She was beginning to remember the feeling she had years ago, when she finally fought back and freed herself from her constant torment. "I don't need a damn doctor. I need to know what the hell is going on!" She told him, her quiet voice icy. Much to her chagrin, tears were beginning to well in her eyes. She was lost, scared, and stuck with a man who joked about burning down an entire village. She fought back the tears desperately, scared of what would happen if a tear dropped. She dropped her gaze and stared at the table once more. "What am I going to do? I just want to go home, and he says that doesn't even exist anymore!" "Please, someone help me!" She wasn't even aware that she had spoken her plea in a rather helpless murmur.

Marsyas

Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 AM

It wasn't until he saw the young lady tear up that he realized how attractive that she was but he put that aside as he began to think to himself,'Maybe I'm wrong... maybe she really is from this New Hampshire but if so, how did she get here?' Looking at the woman, there was no way this scene would turn out well for them if that waitress saw her like this, "Look, I'll go get a room and we can speak more there. We've got to get out of the public eye." Rising from the table he walked over to the tavern owner and paid for a room for one night. His stay had been extended because of some woman he knew nothing about and in inability to leave her alone. Damn, what the hell am I doing? I've got to get back to Respia, but I have no idea what to do with this woman and if I return with her, it'll look like I've gained some sort of attachment and therefor a weakness. This ain't looking good at all... Returning back to the table he placed a hand out for her to take, "Take my hand and let's go, we'll talk more in the room. And I know you don't know me but I need you to trust me for a minute to keep from causing more of a scene than absolutely necessary."

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 AM

((last post of the night for me. Class tomorrow >.<))

Earth

Eva was humiliated, but she could do nothing about it. She blindly accepted his hand, trying to stem the tears. "At least someone's going to help me," she thought rather numbly. Her body was still shaking from fear and her legs felt weak. She was suddenly struck with a profound feeling of loneliness, which was odd for her, as she spent most of her time alone anyways. She followed him into the room and wondered if he knew how to get her home.

Feng saw the man get a room, and the woman leave with him. Much to her surprise, the girl was crying. Before she could intercept, a rather friendly man grabbed at her waist. Instantly she smacked his hands away, leaving him in pain and her free. He cursed her, but she just smiled and told him, "Next time you grab at me you'll be pissing out your noes, love. Can I get you more to drink?" He shook his head and paid his tab before hastily leaving. Unfortunately, this distracted her enough to make her lose sight of the girl and the man. "It's none of my business anyways, unless they burn the place down," she thought, and, for the most part, dismissed the matter.

Marsyas

Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 AM

After going to the room and sitting Eva on the bed, Vyr locked the door and took a seat in the chair at the desk. In a sudden mood change he called to her softly, "Eva, forgive me, I didn't mean to make you cry. I just have little experience speaking with people outside of my work. I have a question for you then if you want, I'll let you sleep for a while." The demon didn't bother to look at the young woman, he rather doubted that she would look back so he didn't bother as he stared at the floor. "If you're really not from anywhere around here, how did you get here?" This was the basic question that he knew he should have asked all along but it never occurred to him that he needed to. Sitting calmly in his chair his mind almost to the point of a headache from the immense amount of thoughts flowing at once, he closed his eye hoping for a brief moment of respite as she answered his question.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-07-2010, 04:21 PM

Vaellor

Eva sat quietly, staring at her hands that were clenched together tightly. Most of the tears had stopped, leaving her drained physically and emotionally. It had been a long day. School was generally bad enough, but now she was completely lost and in some strange man's room. At his question, she just jerked a shoulder. Finally, she managed to mutter, "Scientists put me in a tube thing...now I'm here..." Her hands tigthened and loosened rather sporadically as she remembered the incident. She shifted slightly, and the creaking of the bed had her mind clearing, if just a smidgen. "This...this isn't good..." She thought suddenly, her eyes isntantly shooting into her infamous glare. "What was I thinking, just getting a room with a stranger? Crap, if my mom hears about this...granted I don't know where I am... Uncomfortable, she stood, blushing furiously and glaring at the floor.

Rogue Fae
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2010, 12:23 AM

John was at a bit of a loss when Hugo appeared and only took Eva with him....Maybe he just hasn't had a chance to call my mom yet.... His confusion was quickly erased when Hugo reappeared. "Well, your mom has given us verbal consent to, and I quote, 'work you to the bone'. But don't worry, we won't go that far...." Hugo trailed off a bit ominously. "Now then, down to business, shall we? Follow me please." Without waiting for an answer, Hugo left the room leaving John little choice but to follow. They walked down a plain white hallway for what seemed like hours. Anticipation was building for John. What are they going to have me do? Clean floors? Wipe lab benches? Or maybe I'll get to help out on an experiment! A silly grin appearing on John's face at the thought. Suddenly the endless hallway ended. Before them stood a large, odd looking metal door. The door led into a large, white, sterile-looking room. The walls were covered ceiling to floor with computers and other equipment that were surrounded by more people in lab coats. The very center of the room was dedicated to a huge, rather complex machine...with an arch that led to.....well John wasn't quite sure. Now if you would just stand on the pedestal to the right... John did as instructed, not really sure what to expect. A glass tube being dropped on him was not it though. Starting to get a little worried, he opened his mouth to ask, what the heck was going on, but he never got the chance. A light blinded him.

When he was finally able to see clearly he opened his mouth in shock. The scientists had really done it! They had managed to send him..... His glee quickly wore off. He had no idea where he was, how to get home, and if it was even a friendly place... He had a feeling he would not be home in time for dinner tonight...

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 AM

Feng continued working, and eventually the lunch crowds began to thin out, leaving only those who ate later. She recognized a few as people who worked night jobs, while the others looked like travelers. Feng sighed quietly, already tired. She had a moment, it seemed, so she took the opportunity for a glass of water before she started working once more.

((welcome back Fae-chan!!))

Rogue Fae
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 AM

((Sorry for the absence! The holiday weekend left me with little time for myself. ))

Lily frowned a little at Feng's comment to be wary of trouble. She certainly hoped nothing would come of it. While Feng did have a tendency to go for the worst case senario, she also seemed to Lily to have a sixth sense about these things. Lily could do nothing about it as customers were still coming in and someone had to cook the food. She had been debating about starting to teach Feng, but that would still require another hand, one to wait tables while Lily supervised Feng cooking. It would be nice to have some more company around the place....Lily mused. Just then Kouki came back from the common room. It was strange, Kouki was, if Lily didn't know better, almost acting hostile. The little squirrel-cat was rarely anything but happy. Lily's frown deepened. She could only hope Feng was wrong...though that was looking less and less like a possibility.

Lily grinned as Feng took a short break. She couldn't really blame her. Lily looked around the kitchen, she had enough food cooked to be able to help Feng on the floor until the dinner crowd came. That was the one thing that Lily missed the most when she was cooking, actually being able to talk with the people who came in. They all had such interesting stories to tell. "Feng, I am going to help out on the floor. Go ahead and take a ten minute break or so. You've earned it!" Lily smiled her thanks.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 12:47 AM

((no prob, no prob ^^ just glad to have ya back!))

Feng smiled slightly in relief and nodded. "Thanks." She retreated into the kitchen, refilling her glass and sitting at the counter. She noticed Kouki in the kitchen as well. She smiled at it and finger waved (she like animals - they wouldn't betray you) but Kouki didn't seem to be in a playful mood. The ominous feeling spread. She sat another minute before she was unable to take it anymore. She rose and snuck a knife from the kitchen into her pocket. She doubted Lily would have like her to walk around armed, but you couldn't see the weapon, and she thought it was too careless to not have something to protect herself with. Since she still had a few minutes for a break, she stood in the corner of the common room slightly behind a rather tall potted plant, watching the customers carefully. From her vantage point, few would really notice her if she didn't move too much. A few of the customers made her uncomfortable, but not to the extent that she had felt before. Still, she continued her survey.

Rogue Fae
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2010, 01:22 AM

John was finally able to shake off his shock long enough to notice his surroundings. Everything was very olden day style. He gulped as a girl with a bird beak and wings walked past. Either that was a very good cosplay or there were other races in this...dimension. Deciding to ignore the people for a moment, he looked at where he actually was, which was on a bridge. Across the bridge and to the right was...what looked to be like an inn. Oh, if only he was that lucky! Deciding to chance it, seeing as he hadn't been eaten or shouted at yet, he entered the inn-looking place.

((This is probably going to be my last post for the night. ))

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 AM

((ne, Fae, how does he know he's in another dimension? just putting it out there, but the scientists thought they were sending them through time, not to another dimension...gomen ^^; ))

Marsyas

Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 AM

'Well that was helpful...' Vyrance thought to himself. So basically she really has no idea how she got here and he had no idea where she was from. This had gotten them nowhere in a hurry. Giving off a mental sigh, the man sat forward as his hair fell over his shoulders making a veil over his face. He sat and thought for a moment what the best course of action would be... Making up his mind he wondered if she could accept being stuck here and starting a new life, after all there was no way for him to know how to send her back to where she came so she would just have to stay here. Speaking softly through the veil of hair Vyr portrayed his thoughts to the woman, "Eva, how do you feel about starting a new life? You look like an adult, unless kids where you're from look like you do. I can't stay here for much longer since I'm a wanted man, but I can help you get a place and start over if you'd like?" He figured this was the least he could do for her. The only other option after this was to take her with him back to Candorr after his stop in Respia, and he wasn't all that fond of that idea.

Rogue Fae
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroshinigami View Post
((ne, Fae, how does he know he's in another dimension? just putting it out there, but the scientists thought they were sending them through time, not to another dimension...gomen ^^; ))
((Well then, I messed up big time. I had Hugo explain it as another dimension..which is why I got confused. do you want me to change it? or just leave it as it is?))

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 03:36 AM

Eva froze at Vyrance's words. "Start over? She thought. "I can't just leave...!" She thought a moment more and her heart sank. Tears welling up in her eyes, she realized, "It doesn't matter if I don't go back. I'm not sure my parents even like me, let alone love me. Everyone at school avoids me, unless it's him...There's no point in going back, is there? There's nothing... She was shaking from trying to hold back her tears, her fists still clenched at her side. Finally, she wiped at her eyes and nose with the back of her fist and slowly nodded.

((aww, poor Eva went emo...lol))

----------

((last post of the night for me, I think. Night!))

Marsyas

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 AM

Upon the woman's agreement after what looked like an intense mental battle internally, Vyr nodded in acknowledgement then went on to give her the rundown of this world. He explained the country's to her, the facts of the war from a neutral angle, what each city was like in detail, and then he told her what side he was on and what he did. "I'm an assassin and a mercenary for Candorr's allied countries, and I've had many jobs recently that have made me a wanted man. So I figured it would be best to simply help you find a home where you can live in peace. I'll pay for the home and furniture to make up for any pain and trouble I've caused, and I wish you the best. It's not hard to find a job here so settling into this type of life shouldn't be too hard." By the time he had finally finished he was looking at the woman with a soft golden gaze to match his serene and relaxing voice. Vyrance gave off an air of calmness to try and help keep her from reacting harshly again but it seemed that she had finally accepted that she wasn't going back to wherever she was from. Honestly, he didn't want to leave her alone but what else could he do? She seemed so fragile to him which he didn't really care for but there was something slightly attractive about her. "So I've told you everything I could, have you decided where you want to live? If it's in one of my home's allied countries I'll take you there... but if you choose this place or one of it's allies, I can only give you money, a map, and my regards. What do you plan to do?" His eyes remained the same as he looked at the woman arms now folding across his chest. In all honesty, he had already decided he would visit her no matter where she was but until this war was over he had a job to focus on.

(It actually took me a while to figure out something to say in response to your last post so sorry if it sucks miss Kuro :sweat:)

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 04:36 PM

((lol it's fine, no prob. I'm having trouble responding too - it's been a bit hard to get into Eva's character since she's quite my opposite ^^))

Eva looked up for a moment at the word "assassin." She shivered once more, realizing she had a good reason for being intimidated by him. She sat down once more on the bed, not sure of how to make such a decision. Chewing her lip, she quietly went over the information he told her. "How do I choose?" she thought. "If I stay here, I could get caught into a war, but everywhere seems pretty hectic now...but if I stay here, maybe I'll be able to get back? Even if I'm not wanted, I want to go home..." The thoguht almost surprised her. She had spent years wishing to get away from home, only to want to return to it as soon as she had left. "Sick irony. You moron," she thought, almost disgusted with herself. She looked up at him once more and said shyly, "I think...here would be good. Just in case..." She hesitated a moment, unsure of herself. "I...thank you. Erm...I'll work and pay you back, I swear," she finished in a rush. Her hands clenched and unclenched at her sides though she didn't seem to be aware of it.

Marsyas

Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Nodding in solemn agreement, Vyr reached down to his side and pulled one of the pouches from the hip and set it on the desk where he was sitting, "This should be more than enough gold to get you a nice place, allow you to purchase good furniture and plenty of food." He looked at the pouch and his eyes grew slightly saddened at the thought that she had chosen to live here but it was her choice. A part of him had wished she would have at least come to Respia but there was nothing he could do now. Getting up, he took a bow and walked over to the closet hoping that they would have a cloak inside. Luckily they did, he didn't want too many people getting a good look at him so he draped it around him and pulled the hood up. "Good luck in your new life..."

Remaro
So consumed in all your Doom.......

Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM

His ears flicked slightly as the tall figure tightened the cloak fastened around his shoulders. This would be the seventh time that month the young man had decided to visit the inn, a record for him that was sure. Generally the guide would keep to himself, however he had decided he quite liked the food and atmosphere of the building. One would almost say he was a familiar face.

Pausing, Malek glanced around, gazing at his surroundings suspiciously. The snow leopard man couldn't help it, he'd been raised away from most of the creatures that passed him and with the recent...Disagreements between cities life was getting far more dangerous. However, one figure caught his gaze for a moment, a look of curiousity on his face. The boy looked, to be blunt, hopelessly lost. At least confused. He must have been new to the area. Shrugging slightly, Malek walked pass the apparant human, his tail curled slightly around one of his legs as he pushed pass a few others to try and get to the inn.

kuroshinigami
*^_^*

Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 PM

Vaellor

Eva took the money cautiously. She gaped at the amount before looking sharply up at Vyrance. "Thank you," she finally managed to say. "No one's ever been this helpful to me before," she thought, scowling slightly. The money weighed even heavier in her hand. Though she still felt intimidated by the assassin, he was the first person she could consider as a friend. He had helped her out despite the fact that they were strangers. He was probably one of the kindest person she had yet to meet. "That must be saying something, that an assassin is nicer than the people at my school," she thought a little sadly. Quietly, she told him, "Be careful, okay?

Feng noted a few more customers come in, none of them very suspicious. She didn't move to greet them, as they probably didn't notice her and she still had a few more moments left before she had to move. One man in particular caught her eye, however, mostly because he looked somewhat familiar. She flipped through her memory and realized that he had come to the inn before. However, the memory of him wasn't very strong, probably meaning he had been quiet and non-threatening. She sighed quietly before she straightened and returned to walk, her polite smile back in place as she went from table to table.

Last edited by kuroshinigami; 09-08-2010 at 11:22 PM..