Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidie64 View Post
They're all so cuuuute <3 <3

That is so horrible. I cannot believe someone was so cruel as to light a poor, innocent creature on fire. That is terrible. I'm so glad that kitty found a good home with you

I feel like a derp, but...what are those? Lol It's a family of....cats? .....Dogs? .........Small critters? Lol

I feel you, though. I really really want a miniature goat, but my town has a thing against anything that could be considered a farm animal. Despite that a miniature goat needs about as much room as a german shepard. Which I had! So I have plenty of room for him! I want one sooo baaad! I'd also love to have a koala. Impossible, but it'd just be so effing awesome lol I want a lemur, too.

Someone asked me a few months ago 'What's going to happen to Mallo when you leave for training?' I was like 'Um, herpaderp, he's coming with me!' When I start travelling, I want to bring him with me as my companion. I'd really love to have a harness-type thing made so I could carry him around. I'd have to make it so it could be transferred to either shoulder or make it so that the shoulders bear the weight together. Since he's gonna get so big and all.
I my critters!
That's a family of hooded rats. Such sweeties!

OH MY GOSH: while in the realm of impossibilities-- I WANT A GIRAFFE. A saddle-broken giraffe. How sweet would it be to trot into town ON A GIRAFFE??

I can keep an eye out for such devices, if you'd like. I'm friends with a lot of pet store owners, and they clue me in on all sorts of new gear for pets!

---------- Post added 10-03-2012 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABBACI View Post
(As you can see, I should probably get a girlfriend)
Cats are awesome. You are awesome.
Why not get a girlfriend who loves cats too??

Last edited by Emasaurus; 10-04-2012 at 07:24 PM..

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 PM

Those ratties are the cutest things ever! I used to have 6 of them at once and they never failed to entertain me. Loved them so much! I'm not too sure why I still don't have rats.

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 10-04-2012, 08:55 AM

The first pet I ever had was a hamster when I was eight I idiotically called pee-wee. She had a litter of babies despite my mom been told that she had not been with any males. I remember finding them and rushing to the kitchen to tell my mom haha.
She died of mysterious causes while I was at my dad's one Sunday, my mom suspects that she choked on some of her cage lining.

In I wanna say 2002, end of freshman year and sophomore year of high school I had a cat named Simba. We had to give him up about a year or so later because my mom became too allergic. She hated it.

Then I went through several Betta Fish.

I now have my heart set on a dog but can't happen in this apartment. Luckily we are moving from this apartment next year or we should be. So maybe I can get a dog then.

SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Why not get a girlfriend who loves cats too??
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW, thank you. :D

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM

I have had cats my whole life, we are on cat number 3 and 4 When I was born we had Beasley, who wad the most amazing neurotic cat anyone could have, he was basically everything a British shorthair shouldn't have been he was small, loud, aggressive to cats on his territory (our street) and I loved him to pieces, when he died I was absolutely distraught I holed up in my room for about 2 days, even thought its only been 16 months since he left us I still think of him and have a picture of him in my mirror :')

Cat number 2 was Ferdi who wad named after Ferdinand Porsche (the guy who designed the beetle) and he was the biggest domestic cat you would have ever seen! he was Beasley's brother (they had the same father) and they were polar opposites of each other, Ferdi was what a British shorthair should have been he always made me laugh, he wasnt the brightest cat in the planet bless him but he did javelin his quirks (like sitting in dinner trays) but I wasn't as affected by his passing as I was by Beasley's obviously I was upset but I managed to get over him a lot sooner then I did Beasley.

Now Cat 3 & 4 Enzo and Dino (Ferrari) are both British shorthairs but they are colourful Enzo is cream and Dino is gray and white, they are both beautiful cats but they aren't related :P

in the future I want to own a chinchilla, they're so fluffy!! :D

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 10-14-2012, 03:18 AM

Like 80% of my pets have been doggies :)

I think my first pet was probably some fish or something and well, knowing kids, fish die... LOL! MY sister and I probably had 0 sense of responsibility. Then my friend gave me 2 terrapins for my birthday. I don't remember what their names were but there was 1 female and 1 male and my mom told me they got too big :( So I had to release them at the pond at the temple. A least I know they'd be well taken care of there.

I also had a sugar glider of which I named 'Diouffy' pronounced 'Joo-Fee' Its french. I never touched him because I was afraid of being bitten. He was adorable as hell though! Sadly, he ran away. My sister forgot to put the lid on his house and it managed to crawl out. I miss Diouffy... he was cute and easy to take care of.

I don't know how many dogs I have had... Oh man...

1. Boss (German shepherd) - given away to the police because he jumped on my grandpa... But he was actually just being playful
2. Copper (Cocker spaniel) - this is my baby... I loved him so much :( Died after getting into a fight...
3. Hugo (Beagle) - My sisters fatso! LOL! He was really fat!!! Like too fat for his own good... I think he doed because of this fatness
4. Coco (boarder collie) - my mother's princess. She was really snobby :P She had a good life... We put in fans into her cage! She passed on because of old age...
5. Channel (german shepherd) - my sister's replacement for Boss. But she was unfortunately not as smart. She died because of cancer.
6. Duke (mixed breed) - someone had put this puppy into our home. But he was already sick so he didn't last very long :(
7. Giorgio (Golden Retriever) - The most handsome dog ever! He's still with us now and he's overprotective. I remember I was crying and my ex was standing next to me. He thought my ex made me cry and started growling...
8. Pixie (Mini pinscher) - She walked into my grandfather's house on a rainy day and was shivering. My sister took her in and she was brought up with us. So we never knew how old she was when she passed on. She had a chronic asthma...
9. Oddie (Australian Silky Terrier) - given to us by an aunt who could not raise pets as she lives in a high rise. He's hyper and so cute! Very well trained doggie :)
10. Stevie (Shetland Sheepdog) - Newest addition to the family! He's mine! And costs me one month's salary! LOL!

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman_Goose View Post
in the future I want to own a chinchilla, they're so fluffy!! :D
One of the girls I live with had a chinchilla when I moved in.....
I bought it it's first toy. I was pretty sore with how poorly she treated it, and after she got a dog she told us he "died of old age" one day. I don't know if I believe her...
Poor little fella he was super fluffy and so sweet.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 10-14-2012, 08:51 AM

I have two cats, a dog, three giant land sails, and three axolotls. In the past i've also had three African train millipedes, and a land hermit crab.
In the future, i'd really like some more millies and hermit crabs, and i'd also like a bearded dragon, leopard geckos, a corn snake and rainbow boa, a maine coon cat, and a malamute. Not much then

Two of my axies, Amphora, the smaller one, and Merry.

My dog, Patch.

And two of my millipedes, Ti, and Andronica.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 AM

Those sea creatures look AWESOME! I want one!! Your dog is adorable!! But millipedes? No offense, but we do not share love for millipedes lol I'll pass on those.

My sister has a Maine coon. She's a bitch @~@ She screams and cries if you come anywhere near her. When she lived here, it was almost comical. She liked to hide under chairs. So you'd walk passed without knowing and she'd scare the crap out of you. Everyone just left her alone. My sister is the only person who can get near her. Her name is Storm. Appropriate name lol My sister used to live with this girl, Alex, I think her name was. One day, Alex left. Left all of her stuff behind, including Storm and her other cat, Tigger. My sister had no idea what to do with them and at first, didn't really want to take care of them. Tigger is easy as pie to take care of, but Storm was so difficult, that she tried several times unloading her on other people.

After a while, my sister realized something. Storm had chosen her as her new owner. Not the other way around. Gosh, I want to say it's been 3 years, at least. She's a beautiful cat! Large paws, looong soft fur (I've only pet her a few times lol ), gorgeous eyes, and a fluffy tail. She's a very pretty cat, but sooooo mean.

After petting her, though, I fell in love with long haired cats. That's part of the reason that I got Mallo, my ragdoll. Petting him is like petting a bunny. He's soooo soft. His chest is the softest part on him and thankfully, he loves having his chest scratched. His fur is so luxurious!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 AM

My first ever pet was a gold fish named Fairy. She lived til the ripe ol' age of 5! She died choking on a rock, I was so sad. I had my face painted as I went to a fair and I came home and she was dead. My parents weren't as phased as I was, of course because they thought it'd be a great idea to take a photo of me with my then dog (which I'm going to write about next) with my face paint and streaky and stained with tears. So cruel! haha

I got Rosie, a Jack Russel x Chihuahua when I was in grade two or three. It was a major gamble because back then we lived in a property with no permanent fences and a huge bush surrounding us so she could easily escape. There's a few stories I have about her. One of them is that she escaped one day and ran to our neighbours and killed their chickens. Luckily our neighbours were really good friends of my fathers so everything was cool and we just had to buy them more chickens. Another story is that she rounded up a wild bush pig's piglet and then the momma pig followed her into our yard. One last one is she slowly brought back bits of dead horses which was gross and weird because we had no idea where they came from. We used to look after horses belonging to some people who lived a few acres down from us so I'll consider them as my pets haha. There was this super naughty horse that sat on our old car (which I've seen driving around town complete with the ding in the bonnet) and put it's head through a visitor's car window. Such a funny horse! As for Rosie she was a master of escaping but she'd always come back.
One day, she never came back.

We then moved 3-4 years later into the city and we bought another dog named Ruby. She is a gorgeous Brindle Staffodshire Bull Terrier. She turned 8 this year the old sod. Her favourite activities is smiling, eating and grunting. She loves to have a chat! She's got such a great personality and I've become great friends with her. The day she passes I am going to be a wreck. Two years ago while I was on holidays she snapped a ligament in her leg and they had to completely remove and and force her to grow another one. It was such a tough time but she's fully healed now and despite the arthritis that's set in she's still really active.
When Ruby was two we got another Staffy who for some reason has just stayed skinny for his whole life. We thought it was because he was the runt of the litter (seriously he looked like a rat) but we've found out that he has cancer. Don't worry, he's still alive and happy but we just have to keep looking out for him. It's going to be a while before he passes from it, I think. He's such a princess. He gets carsick and whines like a puppy despite that he's seven.

Between all of those I've owned various sorts of fish and two hermit crabs which were complete wastes of time. Both of the hermit crabs died because they didn't like any of the shells I provided for them to move into. They crowed out, but never back in.

In the future I look forward to owning an Albino rat either named Pepperoni or Socrates (Willard reference) and a cat which I'm undecided on a name as of yet!

Grumman_Goose
Dainty

Old 10-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emasaurus View Post
One of the girls I live with had a chinchilla when I moved in.....
I bought it it's first toy. I was pretty sore with how poorly she treated it, and after she got a dog she told us he "died of old age" one day. I don't know if I believe her...
Poor little fella he was super fluffy and so sweet.
Awww she doesn't deserve another pet if she treated it bad... cus if she did... *waves fist*

I suggested it to my parents when we were catless and they were like: No.

But when I move out i'm getting one :3

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM

Ooh, I currently have two ferrets. Named Chaos(white) and Eris(blaze markings)

And I also have a kitty named Prince. He has Maine Coon markings.

And today, in just a few minutes I am leaving to go a pick up a pug puppy. Suuuuuuper excited. <33

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman_Goose View Post
Awww she doesn't deserve another pet if she treated it bad... cus if she did... *waves fist*

I suggested it to my parents when we were catless and they were like: No.

But when I move out i'm getting one :3
I totes think she did. And the worst bit: She's going to be a veterinarian
Best of luck with your fluffy friend. Track me down if you need animal advice. Animal sciences major here

Waaaaaah~h! I want those ferrets! They look so snuggly and cute!!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 AM

They are very cuddly. :3 and playful.

Annnd I got mah puppy today! Unfortunately the kitty is dangerous and doesn't like the puppy at all... so I am trying to find a home for the kitten.

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM

I have a pet dwarf bunny named Benjamin, or Baby Buscus.
I also have a Husky/wolf mix named Lily. She's beautiful.
I have multiple birds, but they're not really mine. xD Haha.

I would love to have an orange tabby cat one day soon.
That's my dream because as of right now I can't.
:C

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 AM

Get some pictures up in here, Gregory! I want to see your critters! X3

Awww. Sorry about the kids not mixing well, Velvet. I used to share the house I'm in with this evil, fluffly Himalayan cat. She loathed my poor kitties. Pouncing and biting and causing a ruckus every time she saw them with no warnings. No growls, hisses, or folded ears. Just straight up malice.
*shudders*

i3utts3x
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 PM

haha, I really should!
I'll see if I can just take some with my phone in a little bit. x3
I know I have some somewhere!

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 PM

I happen to have the most awesome turtle ever~
I found him while walking through one of my towns nature preserves, and whisked him away to my house. x3

Here he is when I found him, no bigger than a quarter

And here he is today~ Much, MUCH bigger - about a year an a half old

De-activated

Old 10-18-2012, 11:58 PM

I have two cats currently. Smokey passed away a few months ago. :'( It's lonely without him now.

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayao View Post
I happen to have the most awesome turtle ever~
I found him while walking through one of my towns nature preserves, and whisked him away to my house. x3
I had two of those! Red bellied sliders are such cute turtles x3
I would feed them bugs, and they would devour them from under water. Very "Jaws".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethpaw View Post
I have two cats currently. Smokey passed away a few months ago. :'( It's lonely without him now.
Awwwww It is tough losing anyone we're attached to. I am sorry to hear one of your pets passed away. Was Smokey a cat also? What kind?
I'd love to hear your favorite memory of Smokey. Hopefully sharing it will make you smile c:

takohako
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Sadly, I can't keep any pets here since I live in a block of flats... well, it's not forbidden to keep animals but I don't think anything bigger than a goldfish would feel comfortable here. I suppose a cat would be fine, but my parents aren't too keen on keeping a pet, so I just chill out with my boyfriend's kitty every time I'm at his place.

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-19-2012, 02:03 PM

You could get hermit crabs, or a totally cool aquarium Takohako!
I love keeping aquariums.Once I'm in my own place I'll probably start one up again.

takohako
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2012, 02:14 PM

Well, I kept fish once when I was younger but I could only have one of these small glass bowls and I don't think the fish felt well there. A big fish tank would be cool one day though! Or something like this

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM

I know how you feel. I liked to 'save' the beta fish by taking them home to my 10 gallon tank xD
Ah~h! That tank there looks so cool! I bet it would be a pain to clean, though...
I think about these kinds of thing

takohako
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 PM

...yeah, it definitely looks like a total pain to clean. I admit I did not think about it at first, I found the picture and immediately went "oh God, that looks absolutely awesome!"